Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast

Thread: Sin The' admits in court he made it all up.

Hmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    friend of yours?

Quote Originally Posted by ShaolinDan View Post
    I have the uber-metabolism. Though I guess it's starting to show some signs of slowing down.

I've known several people with genetic weight issues, I feel bad for them. I've seen what some of them eat in a day--I'd starve to death on it. It's hard for me to understand...some people shouldn't be fat, but other people really can't help it.

Anyway, I wouldn't want to get kicked by the woman in the picture that started all this, that's for sure.
    I can do that. Once I gain weight, it takes training 2 hours at a time, for 4 days a week, and 20 miles of hiking in that same week on top of it to make any significant weight loss for me. I could STOP eating and not lose fat. I just get really weak, and lose muscle mass.

And the 2 hours of training has to drop me to the point I can't really walk right after too....

I have a friend, who can gain a few pounds. She does like 6 crunchies and it's gone...

It's not about "not eating" it's about eating right. In 2006 I weighed in at 220lbs (5'11") but I started jogging and changed my eating habbits to 3 healthier meals and 2 smart snacks every day (so I ate 5x a day instead of 2 really big meals) and I dropped to 168 where I've managed to stay with my new eating plan.

Eating right....

I think you'll get more out of whole foods, but weight is about calorie intake. Less calories in = less weight. Period.

I believe that study has been done. relevant info: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/david-..._b_782678.html
    Last edited by David Jamieson; 04-17-2012 at 07:58 AM.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

We can all lose (or gain) weight, HOW and HOW MUCH is based on our genetic make up.
    That is what people tend to forget.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    We can all lose (or gain) weight, HOW and HOW MUCH is based on our genetic make up.
    I don't think people actually understand such a grand concept and certainly most are clueless when it comes to eating as far as what is going on genetically speaking. But we ALL understand don't put too much in your mouth, chew your food, eat good food, don't eat too much.

Genetics shmenetics. lol, I've heard people go so far as to blame a metabolism without actually understanding what that is or how it works.

In further reference to your point about genetics, that comes into play with all factors of life, but how? why? I dunno and I'm guessing your average food eater doesn't know either.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    That is very true. Although, no matter who you are, it's going to be some combination of intake/exercise.

Do you think Sin The' is upset because we stopped talking about him?

well i certainly didnt recieve any PM corrections on my retelling of his personal history and his own life trials. So obviously, everything I said was 100% accurate and true.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

More Fuel for the fire another view point!

Grandmaster's Legacy
    Recognized for many years as "the last surviving student of Lam Saiwing," and for being one of the foremost authorities in modern Hung Kyun, Grandmaster Lam Cho was also quite innovative during his lifetime, improving the system in many ways, such as adapting principles and techniques of various other southern, and even northern styles (thanks to his sworn brotherhood with Gang Dakhoi, founder of the Daai Sing Pek Gwa Mun system), adding weapon sets, developing sparring sets, and other methods for training skills which comprise the curriculum of Lam Family Hung Kyun today.
    Copied this from Kung fu Mag, Thought this was interesting at how he added sparring and other systems to comprise Hung Kyun. Thought this would spark much debate since Master Lam Cho did much of the same things GMT did. But the Lieing thing is another issue. So here we go!!! LOL KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !

Are you comparing Lam Cho to Sin The' ??
    In what way?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kwaichang View Post
    Grandmaster's Legacy
    Recognized for many years as "the last surviving student of Lam Saiwing," and for being one of the foremost authorities in modern Hung Kyun, Grandmaster Lam Cho was also quite innovative during his lifetime, improving the system in many ways, such as adapting principles and techniques of various other southern, and even northern styles (thanks to his sworn brotherhood with Gang Dakhoi, founder of the Daai Sing Pek Gwa Mun system), adding weapon sets, developing sparring sets, and other methods for training skills which comprise the curriculum of Lam Family Hung Kyun today.
    Copied this from Kung fu Mag, Thought this was interesting at how he added sparring and other systems to comprise Hung Kyun. Thought this would spark much debate since Master Lam Cho did much of the same things GMT did. But the Lieing thing is another issue. So here we go!!! LOL KC
    But did Lam Cho lie to his students about the origins of his forms with a bogus history?

Quote Originally Posted by bodhi warrior View Post
    But did Lam Cho lie to his students about the origins of his forms with a bogus history?
    Also, Lam Cho didn't have a mullet.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Not to mention that GM Lam was a lineage holder, a direct student of Lam Wing AND never made up a system, but created forms and teaching tools to help better an existing system.
    He not only COULD do that ( had the right) but was qualified to do that ( had the skill).

He also never passed it off as something other than what he created ( never said that the new developments were there already and only HE knew them) and named it after his family.

That's the difference. If Sin The had been upfront on what he learned and the true origins of much of this material, the criticism would be less.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.