Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast

Thread: Sin The' admits in court he made it all up.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Pen View Post
    That's the difference. If Sin The had been upfront on what he learned and the true origins of much of this material, the criticism would be less.
    People don't care if someone creates their own MA ( Bruce Lee anyone?).
    What they do care about is one someone lies and tries to pass off their creation as something other than that.
    The word is fraud I believe.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

READ My LIPS No More New Taxes

Dont you guys read anything, Look at mylast statement, not about the Lies, It is the comparison of the styles. ONLY. Now lets start again Please. KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !

Quote Originally Posted by kwaichang View Post
    Dont you guys read anything, Look at mylast statement, not about the Lies, It is the comparison of the styles. ONLY. Now lets start again Please. KC
    So how exactly are you comparing what GM Lam did with what Sin The' did?

The adding of Material and inclusion of styles in what he teaches , his assoc with one master Ie Chang Ming and the addition of sparring exercises, much like the 1-30 and sparring self defense etc. KC

The adding of Material and inclusion of styles in what he teaches , his assoc with one master Ie Chang Ming and the addition of sparring exercises, much like the 1-30 and sparring self defense etc. KC
    Seriously?
    Look at what you posted:
    Grandmaster Lam Cho was also quite innovative during his lifetime, improving the system in many ways, such as adapting principles and techniques of various other southern, and even northern styles (thanks to his sworn brotherhood with Gang Dakhoi, founder of the Daai Sing Pek Gwa Mun system), adding weapon sets, developing sparring sets, and other methods for training skills which comprise the curriculum of Lam Family Hung Kyun today.
    You see that as the same thing that Sin The' did?

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Not to mention that GM Lam was a lineage holder, a direct student of Lam Wing AND never made up a system, but created forms and teaching tools to help better an existing system.
    He not only COULD do that ( had the right) but was qualified to do that ( had the skill).

He also never passed it off as something other than what he created ( never said that the new developments were there already and only HE knew them) and named it after his family.
    GMT has much skill as i have seen it and has the right also Master Lam was a lineage holder much like GMT from Master Ie, this said this is 2 comparisons noted. Embelishment/lies aside this is a start of a new era of debate. KC

GMT has much skill as i have seen it and has the right also Master Lam was a lineage holder much like GMT from Master Ie, this said this is 2 comparisons noted. Embelishment/lies aside this is a start of a new era of debate. KC
    We are still talking about the same guy that made up a system and passed it off as something else by lying about its origins, right?

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Seriously?
    Look at what you posted:

You see that as the same thing that Sin The' did?
    The wording is different but the idea is the same, I do not practise Hung Kuen Lam family so I do not know how it is incorporated in his style. I do know that there is still unclear truth of what GMT did but for ske of argument lets say he learned Golden Snake and Mantis from Master Ie then added the other . That is much the same as Master Lam one is Hung Kuen the other is Shaolin Do. Both have additions and both have a Lineage whether proven or not. KC
    Lets keep it civil OK?

The wording is different but the idea is the same, I do not practise Hung Kuen Lam family so I do not know how it is incorporated in his style. I do know that there is still unclear truth of what GMT did but for ske of argument lets say he learned Golden Snake and Mantis from Master Ie then added the other . That is much the same as Master Lam one is Hung Kuen the other is Shaolin Do. Both have additions and both have a Lineage whether proven or not. KC
    Lets keep it civil OK?
    Seriously? you're not kidding right?

No , In the article it talks of how Master Lam , incorporated info Material from his "Brother" and that gentleman had created the style Lam had borrowed from. His teacher was a student of Wong Fei Hung, read the whole thing talking about his death and who his teachers were and what they did. So what about that? KC

No , In the article it talks of how Master Lam , incorporated info Material from his "Brother" and that gentleman had created the style Lam had borrowed from. His teacher was a student of Wong Fei Hung, read the whole thing talking about his death and who his teachers were and what they did. So what about that? KC
    I think you should have stopped here:
    I do not practise Hung Kuen Lam family so I do not know how it is incorporated in his style

You are still not addressing the questions good sidestepping though. KC BTW do you practice Hung Kyun ?

You are still not addressing the questions good sidestepping though. KC BTW do you practice Hung Kyun ?
    Yep, I practice Hung Kuen, but not of GM Lam lineage.
    I am not addressing the question because I really don't know WHAT your question is.
    That is why I ask you if you are comparing with GM Lam did ( in adding some principles and creating from forms and sparring sets in his family art, which is a off-shot of GM Lam Sai Wing's Hung Kuen) with what Sin The' did in creating his own forms and passing them off as ancient forms from a non-existing system?

This is crazy. Lam Jo had a few students who learned TSPK, but they wear the Lam Jo diamond to this day, and thier schools profess to teach Hung Kyuhn.
    Sifu Y.C. Wong can tell you all you need to know. Ask him about when his sifu broke his tendon on top of his forearm. Sure, I nor maybe even anyone else on these boards wasn't there in HK during that time, if he added some stuff, he added some stuff, but he didnt' add 7-star, Monkey, Jook Lum, Bak Mei, Tai Chi, Baqua, Xing Yi, on and on, to his syllabus. There's a differrence to knowing a lot, and adding a little, compared to knowing a little and adding a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by brothernumber9 View Post
    This is crazy. Lam Jo had a few students who learned TSPK, but they wear the Lam Jo diamond to this day, and thier schools profess to teach Hung Kyuhn.
    Sifu Y.C. Wong can tell you all you need to know. Ask him about when his sifu broke his tendon on top of his forearm. Sure, I nor maybe even anyone else on these boards wasn't there in HK during that time, if he added some stuff, he added some stuff, but he didnt' add 7-star, Monkey, Jook Lum, Bak Mei, Tai Chi, Baqua, Xing Yi, on and on, to his syllabus. There's a differrence to knowing a lot, and adding a little, compared to knowing a little and adding a lot.
    Not to mention passing off what you added as "always being there".