Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Sin The' admits in court he made it all up.

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    JP has some skill. He's a good guy. I've sparred him and watched him spar his ass off in a moderate contact tournament, fighting 6 or 7 fights (max 3, 2 min rounds as usual) but in something like just a 2 hour span of time. Irrelevent of the source, he's no slouch.

That being said, I despise SD because of the lie. I myself was duped for 13 years (not by SD) ...but gained some skill irrelevent of the source. However, because of the lie, I walked away and burned that bridge completely down. I would say I was humiliated the first time I showed up at the GLKFT, but the mantis folks there were very nice about telling me what I was doing wasn't mantis. If it's made up; say so and the proof will be in the pudding. Lying to stoke and/or protect your own ego is total bullsh!t, especially when you are taking money from someone.

Ironically, one of my last, closest students just started training SD. I think he's an idiot because the SD school here is not the best option for training available. All other schools are about the same distance and about the same price. And, when I shut down, I turned him to the mma coach I'd trained with some, this guy is not very well known but he was Spencer Fisher's first coach. In his idiocy, he 'don't like grappling' and doesn't want to train karate...but want's to train 'something'. I didn't even say anything in response, if he didn't get it after training with me for 4 years, it's a lost cause.

My point with the last paragraph is that, as said, it's hard not to blame the duped too because the liers wouldn't get away with it if there weren't a large percentage of people wanting to believe the lie.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    YOu've already made claim you were an SD guy. If you were legit, you'd lay it out and we'd eat crow.

So, can you do that? Cause I'd be happy to eat crow if you are in a legit lineage of a legit art and not an SD person who thinks they're practicing some ancient art when in fact they're doing mediocre kempo karate at best.
    thats just a part of what I do.

staying with the topic at hand, I practice the chinese arts that SD introduced me to when I was with them and still use quite a bit of it with the necessary changes .

Awhile back I started to learn and gain a better understanding of what I wanted to know about SD, CMA... mostly within the internal arts. From TCM school to authentic, legit teachers and masters...because I coudnt get recognized by anyone outside of SD.

I never believed or cared about the lineage...I cared about the diamond in the rough as I saw it...

I will be more than happy to share this information some other time....

This
    Quote Originally Posted by kwaichang View Post
    But some of you are treating the duped as the wrong doers, if you werent a student you have no perspective of the situation and no right to what truth is or not.
    +
    this
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    Well, it's not like people here weren't telling you for YEARS what was going on. You chose not to listen. So, you are just as culpable.
    =
    the entire point of this thread in a nutshell

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    This

+
    this

=
    the entire point of this thread in a nutshell
    He wanted to believe... just like many of the past and present students.... many people want to be a part of something greater than themselves and will ignore evidence that proves the opposite just so they can keep believeing.

I still believe SD has just as much claim to the Shaolin name as anyone else...its just a name.

To me Shaolin isnt a set of forms, a geographical location or teachings from a recognizable lineage....its in the heart/ spirit....its in the philosophy and practice of the individual...

Quote Originally Posted by tattooedmonk View Post
    To me Shaolin isnt a set of forms, a geographical location or teachings from a recognizable lineage....its in the heart/ spirit....its in the philosophy and practice of the individual...
    Hippy!

Actually Shaolin IS a geographical location.
    When seconds count the cops are only minutes away!

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    Sorry, sometimes I forget you guys have that special secret internal sauce where people throw themselves and you don't have to do anything except collect tuition.

Quote Originally Posted by Yao Sing View Post
    Hippy!

Actually Shaolin IS a geographical location.
    I believe it is an idea, a philosophy, a spirit and yes it is/was geographical location... but seeing as I only have the teachings, my practice and dont live there, thats all it is to me, cool ?
    Last edited by tattooedmonk; 04-03-2012 at 04:18 PM.

I believe it is an idea, a philosophy, a spirit and yes it is/was geographical location... but seeing as I only have the teachings, my practice and dont live there, thats all it is to me, cool ?
    That's just nonsense.

Unfortunately you don't gave any of the Shaolin philosophy or spirit, all you have are questionable Kung Fu moves.

Shaolin is NOT about fighting or martial arts, that's just a side effect of their pursuit of enlightenment.

Too many peeps go off the deep end with this stuff. No wonder it's so easy to scam, the marks do all the work for you.
    When seconds count the cops are only minutes away!

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    Sorry, sometimes I forget you guys have that special secret internal sauce where people throw themselves and you don't have to do anything except collect tuition.

Shaolin IS a place. I agree.

From whence came three treasures.

Martial Arts, Medicine, Ch'an.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Yao Sing View Post
    That's just nonsense.

Unfortunately you don't gave any of the Shaolin philosophy or spirit, all you have are questionable Kung Fu moves.

Shaolin is NOT about fighting or martial arts, that's just a side effect of their pursuit of enlightenment.

Too many peeps go off the deep end with this stuff. No wonder it's so easy to scam, the marks do all the work for you.
    Maybe to you. You have your opinion I have mine, So?

haha You dont know anything about me.

you never know, I might know more about this than you might think or believe.

to assume that I am off the deep end about any of this means you havent understood or wanted to understand the truth in what I am saying.

And fashionably orange suits.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Maybe to you. You have your opinion I have mine, So?

haha You dont know anything about me.

you never know, I might know more about this than you might think or believe.

to assume that I am off the deep end about any of this means you havent understood or wanted to understand the truth in what I am saying.
    You can't make **** up and then defend it by saying you don't have to defend it.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    And fashionably orange suits.
    They're Saffron.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

ahh the 3 m's; Meditation/ Chan being the 3rd.

...and what is it that you know /believe the treasures based on?

I like where this going btw.. I like good conversation with knowledge and pretty level headed people

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    You can't make **** up and then defend it by saying you don't have to defend it.
    really? you can choose to do either , neither or both ... and what are you refering to may I ask, specifically??

really? you can choose to do either , neither or both ... and what are you refering to may I ask, specifically??
    Your "truth" is actually not a truth. It's how you processed a reality, and there is an absolute right or wrong, regardless of whether or not your brain processed the stimuli correctly.

I can say that your gun cannot harm me, because I don't believe in it. But rest assured, pull the trigger and I'll be quite dead.

Secondly, vague wording simply used to eliminate specific facts isn't fair play. If Shaolin is a physical place, then it is exactly that, regardless of what you wish it to be.

Westerners need to get out of the ridiculous habit of embellishing other cultures as a method of somehow creating their own identity and sense of uniqueness. In the end, that's what it boils down to. People get wrapped up in this horse**** because they want to feel special or unique. Obliterates the concept of selflessness when it's all about you.
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown