Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Sin The' admits in court he made it all up.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    They're Saffron.
    isnt saffron more yellow than orange? also, isnt it more expensive than gold?!! saffron, not oranges

The martial arts, I lean towards Dr. Meir Shahar's work in regards to as to why that exists and thrives in a Buddhist monastic temple in China.

The medicine is part and parcel to Buddhism in it's call for compassion and right action. All Buddhist monastic temples would have medicinal practice within them in some way shape or form.

The Ch'an is Dhayana and distilled into the unique Chinese Ch'an Buddhism which was founded and seeded at the Shaolin Temple.

All in an effort to fulfill the 8 fold path and employing the 5 precepts to do so along the way.

The 8 fold path is the way to end suffering in Buddhist thought. There are many variants of how to teach or instill each of the calls in the 8 fold path. Through involvement with the three treasures, a person can instill through time and effort (Kung Fu) Right View, Right Intention, Right Speech, Right Action, Right Livelihood, Right effort, Right mindfulness and Right concentration.

In their abstract conceptual form, any of these 8 can be applied in mind or body.
    Standing on the shoulders of giants, trial and error and probably more than a little faith have brought us to today. And that too shall pass.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    Your "truth" is actually not a truth. It's how you processed a reality, and there is an absolute right or wrong, regardless of whether or not your brain processed the stimuli correctly.

I can say that your gun cannot harm me, because I don't believe in it. But rest assured, pull the trigger and I'll be quite dead.

Secondly, vague wording simply used to eliminate specific facts isn't fair play. If Shaolin is a physical place, then it is exactly that, regardless of what you wish it to be.

Westerners need to get out of the ridiculous habit of embellishing other cultures as a method of somehow creating their own identity and sense of uniqueness. In the end, that's what it boils down to. People get wrapped up in this horse**** because they want to feel special or unique. Obliterates the concept of selflessness when it's all about you.
    MY truth?? I don't have my own personal truth ....for the third time today, what do you know about me ?

When did I say I didnt believe in wrong or right?
    Now who's going over the deep end?

the choice is there to pick it up and use it, part of that is knowing when and how to use it, it wont do anything else but sit there otherwise. I know its potential and dangers.

...blahblahblah

you are making a lot of assumptions.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    The martial arts, I lean towards Dr. Meir Shahar's work in regards to as to why that exists and thrives in a Buddhist monastic temple in China.

The medicine is part and parcel to Buddhism in it's call for compassion and right action. All Buddhist monastic temples would have medicinal practice within them in some way shape or form.

The Ch'an is Dhayana and distilled into the unique Chinese Ch'an Buddhism which was founded and seeded at the Shaolin Temple.

All in an effort to fulfill the 8 fold path and employing the 5 precepts to do so along the way.

The 8 fold path is the way to end suffering in Buddhist thought. There are many variants of how to teach or instill each of the calls in the 8 fold path. Through involvement with the three treasures, a person can instill through time and effort (Kung Fu) Right View, Right Intention, Right Speech, Right Action, Right Livelihood, Right effort, Right mindfulness and Right concentration.

In their abstract conceptual form, any of these 8 can be applied in mind or body.
    Standing on the shoulders of giants, trial and error and probably more than a little faith have brought us to today. And that too shall pass.
    cool, are you currently a practitioner of buddhism? do you/how do you apply it to your martial teachings/ practice?

Quote Originally Posted by tattooedmonk View Post
    MY truth?? I don't have my own personal truth ....for the third time today, what do you know about me ?

When did I say I didnt believe in wrong or right?
    Now who's going over the deep end?

the choice is there to pick it up and use it, part of that is knowing when and how to use it, it wont do anything else but sit there otherwise. I know its potential and dangers.

...blahblahblah

you are making a lot of assumptions.
    1. I don't have to know you if you fall into a common category of narcissistic abusers of emoticons. You aren't special or unique (See previous post).

2. You took a lot of general statements very personally.

3. You are doing exactly as I described. If it looks like a duck...quacks like a duck. You get the picture.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

haha You dont know anything about me.
    Why do people think they can make ridiculous comments then brush off criticism with "you don't know me or anything about me"? On a forum all we have to judge others on is their comments. Say dumb things and everyone will question your intelligence (general statement, not directed towards you).

to assume that I am off the deep end about any of this means you havent understood or wanted to understand the truth in what I am saying.
    I understood what you said. If you meant something else then you didn't articulate it very well.
    When seconds count the cops are only minutes away!

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    Sorry, sometimes I forget you guys have that special secret internal sauce where people throw themselves and you don't have to do anything except collect tuition.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    1. I don't have to know you if you fall into a common category of narcissistic abusers of emoticons. You aren't special or unique (See previous post).

2. You took a lot of general statements very personally.

3. You are doing exactly as I described. If it looks like a duck...quacks like a duck. You get the picture.
    1. Haha thats really funny, wow you came up with all of that on your own Drake?

2. actually I took things that were said about/ to me specifically and responded to them accordingly. I woulld expect someone who is focusing so much on the details of the conversation that you would know the difference.

3. decribed where? in your lists or judgmental views of people and things? whatever dude....

Give it a rest
    Last edited by tattooedmonk; 04-03-2012 at 07:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    JP has some skill. He's a good guy. I've sparred him and watched him spar his ass off in a moderate contact tournament, fighting 6 or 7 fights (max 3, 2 min rounds as usual) but in something like just a 2 hour span of time. Irrelevent of the source, he's no slouch.

That being said, I despise SD because of the lie. I myself was duped for 13 years (not by SD)
    whether he can fight or not doesnt matter. the point is about integrity, honesty, and truth.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by Yao Sing View Post
    Why do people think they can make ridiculous comments then brush off criticism with "you don't know me or anything about me"? On a forum all we have to judge others on is their comments. Say dumb things and everyone will question your intelligence (general statement, not directed towards you).

I understood what you said. If you meant something else then you didn't articulate it very well.
    what did I say that was dumb to you sir? generally and specifically??

well I am glad you did nt have any problem articulated what you meant . lt would be easier just to ask me what I meant if you didnt understand it rather than trying to be offensive. luckily for us I didnt take it in that way and will take what you have said into consideration.

If I dont make myself clear enough for everyone to understand what I mean in the future I will do what I can to articulate my comments better so all of you can relate to me better and so I an understand and relate to all of you better.....ok?

not that I really know him .. I dont, but

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    whether he can fight or not doesnt matter. the point is about integrity, honesty, and truth.
    why dont you just ask around about him specifically and I think you will find no matter what arts, threads forums, etc. everyone here will say that judge pen is all of these things and more.... just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Pen View Post
    I found worth in training that was based on representations that were a lie
    sin the throws sand on the ground, tell you its grain, and you will peck it.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

what did I say that was dumb to you sir? generally and specifically??
    You don't read text inside parenthesis do you?

Anyhow, I took what you said at face value so there was no need to ask for clarifiction. Not looking for senseless arguing so I'm done.

BTW, are we really going to keep 2 threads going about this?
    When seconds count the cops are only minutes away!

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    Sorry, sometimes I forget you guys have that special secret internal sauce where people throw themselves and you don't have to do anything except collect tuition.

Quote Originally Posted by Yao Sing View Post
    You don't read text inside parenthesis do you?

Anyhow, I took what you said at face value so there was no need to ask for clarifiction. Not looking for senseless arguing so I'm done.

BTW, are we really going to keep 2 threads going about this?
    ok....hmm what I meant is that you dont know me in anyway, generally or specifically...is that what you are refering?

there were comments directed to me and I responded accordingly.

Nope, it will get merged eventually or removed...so I dont care.
    Last edited by tattooedmonk; 04-03-2012 at 07:25 PM.

ahh the 3 m's; Meditation/ Chan being the 3rd.

...and what is it that you know /believe the treasures based on?

I like where this going btw.. I like good conversation with knowledge and pretty level headed people
    Shaolin did not give meditation to the world, and neither is Ch'an actually about meditation.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    Shaolin did not give meditation to the world, and neither is Ch'an actually about meditation.
    thanks, I am aware of these things too.

Shaolin chan is an interpretation of the teachings ...meditation is just a vehicle and method for understanding.

Do you practice other forms of meditation, buddhism, etc??
    Last edited by tattooedmonk; 04-03-2012 at 07:19 PM.