Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Internal Power

Wow. Just dug this up. It really is the same thing over and over again...

http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/...ad.php?t=61810

Dare I say it, Where's Ross when you need him?

Quote Originally Posted by xinyidizi View Post

Outside of science from my personal experience as a beginner in martial arts and from the experience of my Kungfu brothers I gather that with the right training most people can start sensing it after a few months. This feeling will get very strong after a few years and you will be able to sense and control it in your movements but I understand that this way is just one way of increasing your power as a martial artist since this process can naturally happen as part your body's mechanism even if you don't sense qi and your meridians.
    Honestly, In my personal experience, I've found people don't sense it unless told or suggested in some way that they're supposed to. I haven't taught anyone long term though, only run some classes and given a few lessons to a friend. I used to be a believer, but really can't think of any reason to believe that qi is an actual separate unique energy flowing through the body that exists in the real world.

I am at no level to try to convince anyone as most of you have many years of experience over me. I know that when it comes to things like internal MA, qigong, ...there are many shams everywhere and those who really know them are quite conservative about teaching them(and they have become even more conservative in China after a certain extremist group got itself into politics) but I suggest keeping an open mind before rushing into hasty conclusions for or against these concepts.

And by that definition, there is no need for "internal" training since we are all using qi all the time for everything anyway.
    Yes and no. It depends on the specific details of what you want to do. Some people learn to use all kinds of computer softwares and can use computer very well for what they want to do. Some people would learn complicated programming languages so that they can use computers for what they want to do. Both groups can use computers and there are overlaps as well as differences in their knowledge of using a computer.(notice that the first group is also using those complicated programming languages indirectly without even noticing it)
    Last edited by xinyidizi; 04-17-2012 at 01:38 AM.