Thread: sprain ankle

sprain ankle

I am wondering if someone can share their experience with sprain ankle. My kid, 12 yrs. old girl, had a sprain ankle and after a year still bothers her. I tried ditachow but don't know if that had helped otherwise when I see her, I do stretching, foot exercise and hot foot bath.

Any comments?

Thanks

Mig

I have sprained and torn ligaments in both ankles. The right was rather bad there was a tearing and crack sound. It took a year before I could rest weight on it cross legged. I did do alot of self massage dit ja and ankle stability work sometimes it plays up.
    Go hard or go home or some where else up to you

http://therandomandthefit.blogspot.com.au/

Quote Originally Posted by mig View Post
    I am wondering if someone can share their experience with sprain ankle. My kid, 12 yrs. old girl, had a sprain ankle and after a year still bothers her. I tried ditachow but don't know if that had helped otherwise when I see her, I do stretching, foot exercise and hot foot bath.

Any comments?

Thanks

Mig
    you might consider to go find someone who does Strain-Counterstrain (either a PT or an osteopath), which is a manual therapy technique that I have used with great success in the past for this sort of chronic ankle issue. Barring that, there are other manual approaches, either osteopathic, chiropractic or orthopedic that can be useful as well - it really boils down to practitioner skill in most cases. of course, acupuncture and tuina can be effective as well

But get it treated - the longer she has it, the more her system will compensate around it possibly leading to other areas of dysfunction (or not - everyone is different)

You need to forget about the jow stuff cause it will not help. Hot soaks are not helping either. Some doctors would inject a steriod into the ankle and it usually helps during rehab. I have had sprained wrists and ankles, and I just put them into cold water, which instantly releaves any ache or pain, and then stretching by rolling the joint in a circular motion. Most people favor such an injury and never put it through any sort of work for a very long time, which tends to make the injury lasting. Just use cold water, even ice water works best. Most think hot will work best, but it induces swelling, which then slows blood circulation. The cold will cause the tissues to shrink, blood flow slows some, but once you start working it comes back without the swelling inside the joint. I had my right hand cut and crushed, and it was very painful. It never stopped throbbing. I did the hot soaks and leniment, but it was not working. Doc told me that it would never return to 100%, and that I would likely never be able to use it again except to scratch my head. I went to see my Chinese doctor and he did a little accupuncture on it, which was to help the points of injury heal better. But the best treatment of all was simply soaking in cold water. I was absolutely amazed when I stuck my hand down into the sink full of ice water. The pain, which actually got worse with hot water, went completely away. In fact, there was absolutely no restriction of movement at all after a few minutes in the cold water. I was able to rehab it back to full use. The only thing I can't do is form a fist, and that is due to the first two joints of the forefinger had been cut completely off and stitched back on. it will not curl into the fist. I can still punch with it though.
    Jackie Lee

We have an acronym called RICE. Rest, Ice, Compression, and Elevation. Google it for more detailed explanations, but keep her off of the bum foot, keep ice on it to reuce swelling, and elevate it when she's not moving around. It'll control the swelling.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Thanks everyone. Saw a chiropractor and manipulated her ankle to put back in place and now she's feeling better. Furthermore she's having a functional flat feet. So far we are working on develooping her calves muscles.

Thanks everyone,

Mig