10-15lbs each
    $99 a pair

Free Manual with purchase
    Last edited by ngokfei; 08-23-2012 at 05:54 PM. Reason: update

a good book to get that provides some basic info and a demonstration form:

beginning section

New Products Available

Muk So (Wood locks) with Faux Stone Finish

And why should I buy this over say a kettlebell which I can get cheaper and locally?

simple:

1. Mok Yee Pai weight distribution is different which allows full body swings and wrist turns that either can't/not easy to do with kettle bells and are less dangerous due to shape.

2. Muk/Sek So: yes in the early basics a kettle bell can be substituted but for advanced training such as switch grips and tossing/twirling and propping requires a specific shape/dimesions.

good question.

Fair enough. Maybe I'll look into getting some then.

Eric,

Are the handles grooved?

If so, would they shred the hands?

Just curious as I have a pair of Master David Chins oak Muk Yee Pai and the handles are smooth and I have no issues with them.
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.

Grooved Handles are an option I provide for beginners who might not have the hand strength to lock the grip in.

Of the ones I own and modeled these after all have smooth handles. Most are round but 2 are flat.

I've only recently been offering this product and one thing I suggest to all newbies using this apparatus is to start with the light (under 10lb) first. If your just using them like weight lifts not a problem but using them correctly with diverse swings that cut different angles - the motion increases the weight and muscle/tendon strain considerable.

Some of my customers humbly ordered a 2nd pair but of the lighter weight, thank goodness no one dislocated a shoulder or suffered a muscle/tendon tear.

I'm working with a few exponents in producing a book and DVD series.

Our latest model.

The Stone Finish is popular more are preferring colors & specific custom weights.

You will also notice that we also offer different diameter handles for individuals with smaller hands (ie: ladies and kids)

Also as an added feature we now offer personalized engraved calligraphy on them as well. (sorry the green one hasn't been finished yet at the time of the photo)

Price Generally between $89 & $99 per pair.

Color Series:

Nice, Eric.
    PM

Practical Hung Kyun 實用洪拳

www.practicalhungkyun.com

Do you have an approximate date that the book & DVD will be available? Thanks.

Still in the works, looking at final product some time this summer.

One thing is that the DVD & Manual would only be available to those who purchase or had purchased a set Muk Yee Pai.

Demonstration Vids of Usage.

Stone Lock Usage Video Clips