Thread: Maintaining the ability to Fa jin?

Maintaining the ability to Fa jin?

There have been times when I could Fa jin (after about 2 years of practice) naturally while striking with fists or kicking. But after a few days the ability disappears again. It returns again after some consistent practice, but takes weeks and even months to return to the level that I gained insight about in the beginning. One thing I have learned is that Fa jin is not something that naturally emerges through practice, but it needs to be maintained through regular practice.

Any thoughts about it? Did anyone else also experience this stage in their martial career where they struggled to maintain the ability to Fa Jin?

Quote Originally Posted by hajimesaito View Post
    There have been times when I could Fa jin (after about 2 years of practice) naturally while striking with fists or kicking. But after a few days the ability disappears again. It returns again after some consistent practice, but takes weeks and even months to return to the level that I gained insight about in the beginning. One thing I have learned is that Fa jin is not something that naturally emerges through practice, but it needs to be maintained through regular practice.

Any thoughts about it? Did anyone else also experience this stage in their martial career where they struggled to maintain the ability to Fa Jin?
    What you think is fa jin is problem something completely different.

You won't have it after 2 years, add a zero to that, then maybe you might be closer to something.

Quote Originally Posted by hajimesaito View Post

1. you need to progress from air fajin to fajin against a heavy object.
    2. you are overtraining, so your progress is stalling/reversing. real fajin takes a lot of energy, and you cant do it a hundred times a day. limit to 12-20 a day.
    3. you are not eating enough.
    4. do explosive pushups with MAXIMUM speed.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

What is Fa Jin?
    Jackie Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chiang Po View Post
    What is Fa Jin?
    it is a small baby calf just after birth, when it is purple just like an eggplant.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chiang Po View Post
    What is Fa Jin?
    Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    it is a small baby calf just after birth, when it is purple just like an eggplant.
    I thought it was a swear word or something. "ya fa'jin" basterd.
    Behold. Mighty Ross. His coming was foretold in the Book of BaWang. He will come with a Vengeance on David, Son of Jamie. The Warring Trolls will unite across the Forums of Ching. And the Virgin Warrior, Pure-Hearted Lucas shall be offered up in Sacrifice to appease His Wrath. His Truth will ring in the hearts of the Kickboxers, and They shall be Glorified forevermore. Peace be upon you, Internet Traveler.

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    Oh right, it should've been "ya fa'jin, BASTAGES!"
    Behold. Mighty Ross. His coming was foretold in the Book of BaWang. He will come with a Vengeance on David, Son of Jamie. The Warring Trolls will unite across the Forums of Ching. And the Virgin Warrior, Pure-Hearted Lucas shall be offered up in Sacrifice to appease His Wrath. His Truth will ring in the hearts of the Kickboxers, and They shall be Glorified forevermore. Peace be upon you, Internet Traveler.

Roman Maroni..."I'll have your baalls in a sling..."

To fa jin properly (to express your dynamic strength like in an explosive punch) every part of your body has to line up in just the right way, so the force reacting on the ground can be transmitted smoothly to the point of delivery according to your desire. Since every part of your body is involved, it is not that easy to repeat the same action everytime. Don't worry, you will get it back if you keep on training. Everyone one of us would have experienced this frustration if they have reached the stage where he or she can Fa jin at will. The analogy is like making a record, you'll need to keep on digging the grooves deeper and deeper, so the needle would not jump out and the music keeps on playing. Good luck and don't worry about this Bawang guy, his mom is very strong but not his dad! :-)

You're human. You're gonna have off days, off moments, distractions, lacking in spirit, etc etc.

Some days you got it, other days you don't.

What you want to do is bring up your median line so that you aren't completely ineffective on your off days.
    Kung Fu is good for you.