Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trayvon Martin

Zimmerman was told by the police to stay in his car - this is SOP for neighborhood watch. You observe and report, not confront. The police were notified and were on the way. The moment Zimmerman disobeyed the direct order from the police and left his car is when he f*cked up.

Here are the facts - a 17 year old boy got shot and murdered by a vigilante... for 1) wearing a hoodie, 2) being outside after dark, 3) being black.

I'm sorry - but if he were white, I doubt Zimmerman would've paid as much attention to him.

Now - if Zimmerman was a police officer, he would have lost his job and a full investigation would be underway. for 1) not waiting for back up, 2) shooting an unarmed boy who was not perpetrating any type of crime.

I don't think there was any criminal intent on Zimmerman's part initially. He was on a power trip... typical bully wannabe police officer that was going to throw his weight around on some boy. Unfortunately for him, this boy fought back and kicked his arse, so what's he do? He pulled out his big bad gun and shot that boy for disrespecting his auth-o-rI-tie (Cartman).

Quote Originally Posted by MightyB View Post
    Zimmerman was told by the police to stay in his car - this is SOP for neighborhood watch. You observe and report, not confront. The police were notified and were on the way. The moment Zimmerman disobeyed the direct order from the police and left his car is when he f*cked up.

Here are the facts - a 17 year old boy got shot and murdered by a vigilante... for 1) wearing a hoodie, 2) being outside after dark, 3) being black.

I'm sorry - but if he were white, I doubt Zimmerman would've paid as much attention to him.

Now - if Zimmerman was a police officer, he would have lost his job and a full investigation would be underway. for 1) not waiting for back up, 2) shooting an unarmed boy who was not perpetrating any type of crime.

I don't think there was any criminal intent on Zimmerman's part initially. He was on a power trip... typical bully wannabe police officer that was going to throw his weight around on some boy. Unfortunately for him, this boy fought back and kicked his arse, so what's he do? He pulled out his big bad gun and shot that boy for disrespecting his auth-o-rI-tie (Cartman).

This is matching my opinion of what happened at that time. Exactly what happened will be revealed eventually and I think it will fall in line with what mightyB here is saying.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chiang Po View Post
    Racism will always be with us, and we can not force others to abandon their racist opinions.
    I disagree. It will fall by the wayside as old thinking and old behaviours always do. It is well on it's way downhill and all forms of unfounded and irrational prejudice are regarded as the mental sickness now.

If you are judgmental and hating on someone simply because of what they were born into this world as and they bring no harm, then it is safe to say, that nowadays inside of western democracies it is you who will be seen to have the issues and mental problems.

Racism needs to die. It will die with more mixing of culture and ubiquity of travel and intermingling of people.

Hate for the sake of it should be stamped out at every opportunity to do so. Hate is committed by cowards anyway. They'll back down with a glare and and assertive admonishment 99% of the time.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

On topic!

Zimmerman’s mixed-martial arts trainer testifies he was ‘physically soft’
    By David Edwards
    Monday, July 8, 2013 16:18 EDT

A mixed-martial arts (MMA) trainer testified for the defense on Monday that George Zimmerman “didn’t know how to really effectively punch” even though he had trained the former neighborhood watchmen for over a year.

“He was just physically soft,” Adam Pollock told the court. “He was an overweight, large man when he came to us, and very pleasant — a very nice man, but physically soft. He was predominately fat, not a lot of muscle, not a lot of strength.”

Under cross-examination, Pollock admitted that Zimmerman could have lost as much as 80 pounds and had a body mass index as low as 16 percent at the time that he shot and killed 17-year-old Trayvon Martin.
    Haven't really been following this case. Might tune in more now.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Here's where boxing excels over MMA

I would probably enjoy watching someone I didn't like get beaten down in a boxing match more than getting choked out in the cage. There are more shots to the head.

George Zimmerman Agrees to Celeb Boxing Match
    I'll Fight Anyone ... Even Black People
    1/30/2014 6:15 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Now's your chance to kick George Zimmerman's ass with zero legal repercussions -- he just agreed to a celebrity boxing match ... and he says he'll fight ANYONE ... even black people.

Celebrity boxing promoter Damon Feldman threw down the challenge, offering George money to step in the ring. Now here's the kicker ... the opponent has NOT been selected.

We're told George is open to fighting a black person, but the promoter is not discriminating, telling us "We're not looking at it as a race thing ... We haven't discussed purple, yellow, white, black."

Lately George has been more interested in boxing than guns ... regularly training in the ring.

As for George's cut from the fight, we're told he's donating the money to charity.

If you'd like to throw your hat in the ring for the March 1 match, email fightgeorge@hotmail.com.
    Seriously?

The Game
    I'd Beat the F**k Out of George Zimmerman
    1/30/2014 6:05 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The Game will throw his hat in the ring to fight George Zimmerman in the upcoming celebrity boxing match, and he tells TMZ, "I will beat the f**k out of him."

Zimmerman has agreed to the March 1 celebrity boxing match ... the promoter hasn't selected his opponent, but is taking offers at fightgeorge@hotmail.com.

Game says, "I would not be boxing for me. I'd be boxing for the legacy of Trayvon Martin and for his family."

The rapper, who has a tattoo of Trayvon on his leg, says, "I would box him to knock him out," adding, "I would definitely take pleasure in it. It's legal, and I want to show him you can solve your disputes without a weapon."

Game would definitely have the edge ... he's 6'5", and 240 lbs of muscle.

Game on.

Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Seems contrived, but it will probably be satisfying for the people who are still raging on this even if The game buys the shoe-in beating on George Z.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Imagine what would happen to his career if GZ KO'd him.

Game is a big guy, but I dunno anything about him. I saw a video of him beating up another rapper who wasn't fighting back, but that's it. Does he box or something?

I have no idea what his level of physicality is.
    I just think that if they Pay George to no matter what, be defeated by the game, then a lot of people will be satisfied by that.
    If George Z does defeat the Game, that just creates a whole host of new problems, bad feelings all round etc.
    I'm gonna put my money on a scripted outcome with George Z losing.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Unfortunately in Celeb boxing, a loss usually isn't anywhere near the devastation that would come anywhere near satisfaction for those who believe in their hearts that he stalked and murdered a child.

I can't tell if he's doing this cause he's broke/in debt, or cause he's an attention whore. He's done other things in the past that seemed like he wanted the spotlight, but he can't be doing very well financially.

He's one insecure cat, that much is sure.
    Last edited by Syn7; 02-03-2014 at 07:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    Unfortunately in Celeb boxing, a loss usually isn't anywhere near the devastation that would come anywhere near satisfaction for those who believe in their hearts that he stalked and murdered a child.

I can't tell if he's doing this cause he's broke/in debt, or cause he's an attention whore. He's done other things in the past that seemed like he wanted the spotlight, but he can't be doing very well financially.

He's one insecure cat, that much is sure.
    A great many of us are.
    That's why we have facebook accounts.

I was listening to a Jay Leno interview and he was saying that he feels blessed because every day he gets applause and adoration. He also noted that that is what really keeps him going and that it's a real treasure because most people don't get that.

Ego is a funny thing. Too small and you're crazy, too big and you're crazy. Such is life.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Yeah, I think too many people shoot for happiness. IMO, contentment is the key. Today, I am content. I have goals, but if for some reason I don't achieve them, a salute, it's all good.

I'm pretty indifferent when it comes to other peoples opinions of me unless it's people I care about. That being said, I have never had millions of adoring fans or had a hate storm thrown at me. So to be fair, my indifference hasn't really been pressure tested the way it can be for celebs or others in the big spotlight.

I guess the closest I have ever come to adoring crowds is making a whole club jump up and down or go crazy during dj sets and bboy battles. But you are so caught up in what you're doing, you don't really get to appreciate it. I dunno how I would feel if half my country hated me.

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    Yeah, I think too many people shoot for happiness. IMO, contentment is the key. Today, I am content. I have goals, but if for some reason I don't achieve them, a salute, it's all good.

I'm pretty indifferent when it comes to other peoples opinions of me unless it's people I care about. That being said, I have never had millions of adoring fans or had a hate storm thrown at me. So to be fair, my indifference hasn't really been pressure tested the way it can be for celebs or others in the big spotlight.

I guess the closest I have ever come to adoring crowds is making a whole club jump up and down or go crazy during dj sets and bboy battles. But you are so caught up in what you're doing, you don't really get to appreciate it. I dunno how I would feel if half my country hated me.
    Pretty sure it's more than half. Also idk how people would react to him fighting a black guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Raipizo View Post
    Pretty sure it's more than half. Also idk how people would react to him fighting a black guy.
    Probably react by actually watching...who's really gonna tune in if he fights a white guy?
    Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    This is 100% TCMA principle. It may be used in non-TCMA also. Since I did learn it from TCMA, I have to say it's TCMA principle.
    Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    We should not use "TCMA is more than combat" as excuse for not "evolving".

You can have Kung Fu in cooking, it really has nothing to do with fighting!

He's going to fight DMX.