Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The foundational principles of WC

Quote Originally Posted by WingChunABQ View Post
    He's clearly stating that WC is in possession of an American right.

((I still don't fpllow. But no problem- forget it))

Had he said "you're", it might be a question of WC's nationality. For some reason.

((??? never mind)

In any case, in reference to your #3 above Joy ("the way simplified"), does this have anything to do with "leakage" attacks as articulated in the Kuit? What exactly are leakage attacks?
    ((WC 1277 posted the fundamental principles- I will let him answer the question))

joy chaudhuri

Quote Originally Posted by jesper View Post
    this oven is for making food. your not supposed to dry your cats or other live creatures in it as it may bring them harm.
    Just reminded me of the stupid disclaimers on household items etc which has been brought about by all the stupid lawsuits
    No, just don't want to come across like I represent complete knowledge of WC of my Sifu like the majority of yahoos on this forum. The lineage wars started that way, why would I want to perpetuate it? IMO everyone is their own version of WC. The Sifu just guides you while it's up to you to understand it both objectively and subjectively. Why would I talk for him when I'm not him?

He's clearly stating that WC is in possession of an American right.

Had he said "you're", it might be a question of WC's nationality. For some reason.

In any case, in reference to your #3 above Joy ("the way simplified"), does this have anything to do with "leakage" attacks as articulated in the Kuit? What exactly are leakage attacks?
    I don't follow?

Stupid joke coming from the Grammar Nazi in me - your vs. you're.

It failed. *sigh!*

But the questions about the "leakage attacks" still stands.

Stupid joke coming from the Grammar Nazi in me - your vs. you're.

It failed. *sigh!*

But the questions about the "leakage attacks" still stands.
    No worries, do you by chance have the kuen kuit saying? My memory fails me.

Quote Originally Posted by WC1277 View Post
    No worries, do you by chance have the kuen kuit saying? My memory fails me.
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    From the old list of kuen kuit collected bt Fong Sifu:

Strike any presented posture if it is there. Otherwise strike where you see motion. Beware of sneak attacks, leakage attacks and invisible centerline attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Vajramusti View Post
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    From the old list of kuen kuit collected bt Fong Sifu:

Strike any presented posture if it is there. Otherwise strike where you see motion. Beware of sneak attacks, leakage attacks and invisible centerline attacks.
    I have no idea. Maybe Joy could elaborate....

Quote Originally Posted by WC1277 View Post
    I have no idea. Maybe Joy could elaborate....
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Possibly-FWIW-IMO-a warning regarding holes in ones structure where attacks can get through.

joy chaudhuri

I have often seen Fong Sifu get very quick shots in during chi sao, where he'll strike very quickly and then go back to the position he was previously holding. (over and over again in the first 20 seconds or so of this video: http://www.fongswingchun.com/FlowingChiSao2.mp4 )

I wonder if that's what it refers to?

And "invisible center line"?

I have often seen Fong Sifu get very quick shots in during chi sao, where he'll strike very quickly and then go back to the position he was previously holding. (over and over again in the first 20 seconds or so of this video: http://www.fongswingchun.com/FlowingChiSao2.mp4 )

I don't think that would be related. You have to remember that's chi sao. You wouldn't be going back to your "roll" in application. You would just continue to attack....

((The video is regular chi sao. But leakage can be very specific in tight close quarters)Joy

((When you know there is line and with a chum kiu motion you use it- but the other guy's vision is blocked and he does not see it))joy (my interpretation anyway- kuen kuit is suggestive-the practitioner finds the applications by usage and experience) joy