Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pin Sun Wing Chun (new clip)

Pin Sun Wing Chun (new clip)

Hello all,

We just posted another Pin Sun Wing Chun clip on youtube!

This short clips is of young Sifu Fung Jia Pei. Fung Jia Pei is the son of my grand teacher, Master Sifu Fung Gen Ju, who was known as a top fighter in the Kulo family. Sifu Fung Jia Pei is only 30 years old but has been involved with his families boxing for more than half his life!

Enjoy:

http://youtu.be/MwmT30DLXyA

We will be back in Kulo next month doing more training, research and visiting the family. More video clips coming very soon.

Peace,

Jim Roselando

www.apricotforesthall.com
    www.wingchunillustrated.com
    web.mit.edu/qigong
    Last edited by Jim Roselando; 04-09-2012 at 02:24 PM.
    Jim

Nice clip Jim, but all too brief!!!

Looks sharp so I shared it in my Lee Shing group on Facebook as I know many guys that will recognise what Sifu Fung Jia Pei is doing
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

Quote Originally Posted by LoneTiger108 View Post
    Nice clip Jim, but all too brief!!!

Looks sharp so I shared it in my Lee Shing group on Facebook as I know many guys that will recognise what Sifu Fung Jia Pei is doing
    care to enlighten the rest of us mate? i'd love an explanation of what is being shown
    A clever man learns from his mistakes but a truly wise man learns from the mistakes of others.

Wing Chun kung fu in Redditch
    Worcestershire Wing Chun Kuen on facebook

Quote Originally Posted by wingchunIan View Post
    care to enlighten the rest of us mate? i'd love an explanation of what is being shown
    I am quite sure Jim is the best person to tell you exactly what he is doing! I am only aware of what my Sigung Lee Shing studied back in the 1940/50's which is a slight variation on what these guys in Kulo/Gulao are doing now.

My uncle Sifu Joe Lee and his students are much more familiar with it all
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

Quote Originally Posted by LoneTiger108 View Post
    I am quite sure Jim is the best person to tell you exactly what he is doing! I am only aware of what my Sigung Lee Shing studied back in the 1940/50's which is a slight variation on what these guys in Kulo/Gulao are doing now.

My uncle Sifu Joe Lee and his students are much more familiar with it all
    fair enough, it was meant to be an open invitation. Its totally alien to me
    A clever man learns from his mistakes but a truly wise man learns from the mistakes of others.

Wing Chun kung fu in Redditch
    Worcestershire Wing Chun Kuen on facebook

Quote Originally Posted by wingchunIan View Post
    fair enough, it was meant to be an open invitation. Its totally alien to me
    It will be dude! The Fung Family had a different method of practise to Ip Mans and it has been something of a 'thorn in my side' for an age!!

My Sigung learnt from many 'Sifus' before meeting Ip Man and becoming a representative of his new 'Athletic Association'. These teachings were very treasured by Lee Shing and only taught to his close students for 'personal preservation' (ie. not for public teaching!) but my uncles, both Austin Goh and Joe Lee have previously tried to present this stuff in the early eighties to much criticism and it was one of the many things that contributed to those Wing Chun Wars!

Even to this day my own Sifu will have words with anyone in our family who openly 'promotes' this side of our heritage because we have no right to really, especially considering more recent developments in Kulo/Gulao village. And I can only share what I learnt, and that was never referred to as originating in a specific village it was simply Wing Chun...
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

Hammerfists and uppercuts in WC? that's just crazy !
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Maybe... but fme they're all there!
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    ---------------------------------------------
    Sanjuro-Yup! Thanks Jim for the clip.
    Spencer do you know what happened to Joseph Cheng- alive, dead... ?

joy chaudhuri

Quote Originally Posted by Vajramusti View Post
    Spencer do you know what happened to Joseph Cheng- alive, dead... ?

joy chaudhuri
    Yes Joy. He was rumoured to be dead when his book was re-published and the author included a new cryptic sort of foreword, but he is alive and well.

My Sifu is in regular contact with him as he is now in Southern China. He claims that he hasn't trained Wing Chun in many many years and all his hair is now white but as some will know, he was extremely skilled in his youth and that sort of talent doesn't fade with age
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

Hello,

Fung Jia Pei is just demo'ing a few elements of his Wing Chun. I posted this to show some stuff that is not your common wc actions with the hope of others doing the same. I also thought it would be helping others to get a better look at Master Leung Jan's teaching from the 1890's.

The first action is a piece of the Big Wing done with a single hand to show one of its applications. Basically a closed fist "jit jee". The uppercut looking fist is not an uppercut. Notice his follow up after that action is a strike with reverses line mechanics. Its more like a closed fist "gan sao".

Hope this helps!

Peace,
    Jim

[QUOTE=Jim Roselando;1166518]Hello,

Fung Jia Pei is just demo'ing a few elements of his Wing Chun. I posted this to show some stuff that is not your common wc actions with the hope of others doing the same. I also thought it would be helping others to get a better look at Master Leung Jan's teaching from the 1890's.

The first action is a piece of the Big Wing done with a single hand to show one of its applications. Basically a closed fist "jit jee". The uppercut looking fist is not an uppercut. Notice his follow up after that action is a strike with reverses line mechanics. Its more like a closed fist "gan sao".

Hope this helps!

---Hi Jim- of course it helps.I enjoy seeing the gu lo links.
    OTOH---those do not negate Dr Leung Jan's life time work
    which influenced Ip man's work.
    Dr Jan retired to his village and died in 2 or 3 years afterwards.
    The san sik he showed some villagers some applications from a larger body of work.
    The fist up and then down -those motions are there in Ip man wing chun
    and is easily replicated on the jong.

joy

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Roselando View Post
    Hello,

Hope this helps!

Peace,
    The line mechanics are similar to our jum inward elbow > direct striking. We also have an 'uppercut looking' action that isn't an uppercut , its re-centering elbows 'n' hips together.
    Last edited by k gledhill; 04-10-2012 at 04:07 PM.

Hey Joy,

Hi Jim- of course it helps.I enjoy seeing the gu lo links.
    OTOH---those do not negate Dr Leung Jan's life time work
    which influenced Ip man's work.

No doubt! Leung Jan's teaching is represented by both his Foshan & Gulao lineages.

Peace,
    Jim

Kevin,

The line mechanics are similar to our jum inward elbow > direct striking. We also have an 'uppercut looking' action that isn't an uppercut , its re-centering elbows 'n' hips together.

Bingo!

Thanks for sharing.

Peace,
    Jim