First off I would like to say that our Great Lakes Kung Fu Championships was a great success and I had a lot of fun judging SC. However, there was some attempts at sabatoging our event.

A couple of weeks ago my teacher was contacted by the Ohio Athletic Commision. This group usually runs all the boxing events and normally groups would have to go thru them to hire judges / Doctors / rules and regulation etc etc. Lately this group has been now trying to take over San Shou and the Martial Arts events.

One of their representatives contacted my teacher wanting him to use them.... blah blah bla. My teacher asked how did they know about us he replied with an email sent by a fellow kung fu teacher. The Shifu is Nick Scrima and here is the email he sent.

----- Forwarded Message ----
To: "jervinsifu@att.net" <jervinsifu@att.net>
Sent: Wed, April 4, 2012 9:31:29 AM
Subject: FW: San Shou full contact in Ohio

Bernie Profato
Ohio Athletic Commission
Office: 330-797-2556
Fax- 330-7972559

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Tuesday, April 03, 2012 3:41 PM
To: Profato, Bernie
Subject: San Shou full contact in Ohio

Is the below event supervised or sanctioned by the Ohio Athletic Commission?

04-14-2012 (2 days)
Great Lakes Kung Fu Championships and Shaui Chiao San Shou Nationals
All the Kung Fu Forms and Weapons Divisions you want, Internal Forms and Weapons Continuous Light Contact Sparring, Shuai Chiao, San Shou Full Contact
For more information, contact: Sifu John Ervin
Phone: 216.431.4991
Event Address: 6401 St. Clair Ave
Cleveland, OH, 44103 USA
Online: jervinsifu@att.net -

We ended up having to shut down our San Shou divisions. Coincidentally Nick Scrima had a tournament in Pittsburg on the Same day?

My question to you is...

Do you think this was unethical approach to tournaments held on the same day?

Why did not Nick Just call and ask my teacher? (we have known each other for over 20 years).

Morally was this good kung fu?

Your thoughts

ginosifu