Thread: Ching Yi Kung Fu Association

Ching Yi Kung Fu Association

Any opinions? www.chingyikungfu.com

web page wont open for me.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

The people who teach and run the ChingYi Association are top notch and have taught many people over the years.

real kung fu for those interested in finding it.

They teach nei jia and wai jia material.
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.

Quote Originally Posted by tattooedmonk View Post
    ya that one opens now
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Dugas View Post
    The people who teach and run the ChingYi Association are top notch and have taught many people over the years.

real kung fu for those interested in finding it.

They teach nei jia and wai jia material.
    Thank you sir. So, would you consider anyone who is a BB in this system to be from a legitimate lineage and bonified KUNG FU person?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    ya that one opens now
    Cool, what do you think?

looks like some pretty solid info on their site

I found this BIO:

Dr. Her Yue Wong has been practicing and teaching the Chinese martial arts for over 60 years, and is the Founder and Director of the Ching Yi Kung Fu Association (CYKFA). He derived the Ching Yi Kung Fu System from the traditional arts of Hsing Yi Ch’uan, Pa Kua Tsang, T’ai Chi Ch’uan and Northern Shaolin Kung Fu, and has taught hundreds of students around the world since founding the CYKFA in 1972, several of whom have gone on to become noted martial arts instructors in their own right.

On 1 January 2001, the actual beginning of the new millennium by the Western calendar, Dr. Wong also formally announced the formation of the Dao Li Jiao (Tao Li Chiao in Wade-Giles Romanization) - the "Way of Reason School" of Taoism which he created. The Dao Li Jiao focuses on the study of the Universe and its relationship to human life. Practitioners of the Dao Li Jiao research the relationship between Heaven, Earth and Man through study and contemplation, applying logic and reason rather than accepting any concept simply on faith. The Dao Li Jiao integrates classical Taoism, Rationalist thought, and the principles of modern science. In late December 2001 - early January 2002, at the first official meeting of the Dao Li Jiao in China, Dr. Wong was unanimously elected to the position of Zong Shi (Interpreter) for a term of eight years.

Beginning as a young child, Dr. Wong learned martial arts from numerous well-known Chinese masters of Hsing Yi Ch’uan, Pa Kua Tsang, T’ai Chi Ch’uan and Shaolin Kung Fu whose lineage traces back master to student to the beginnings of the arts. For over 10 years, Dr. Wong was the direct student of Mr. Hsu Feng-nan of Shantung Province, China. During that time, he also received specialized training from Mr. Hsu’s brother, Hsu Tzu-ch’ang and Mr. Jin P’ing-p’u, and from his own grandfather and great uncle. While living in Taiwan, Dr. Wong also had the opportunity to receive instruction in the arts and exchange information with several good friends including legendary masters Chiang Yin-shui, Liu Mu-shen, Chang Chun-feng, Hung Yi-hsiang, Hung Yi-wen and Hung Yi-mien.

Dr. Wong has written an instructional manual on T’ai Chi Ch’uan, and produced videos on his method of Hsien T’ien Pa Kua Tsang, T’ai Chi Ch’uan, and Hsing Yi Ch’uan, including his form of Tsong-He Hsing Yi Ch’uan (Comprehensive Form and Will Boxing). In 1996, he published the book “The Universe and Life” in Chinese, a philosophical and scientific study of the origins and cosmology of the Universe, and its effects on human life.

By profession, Dr. Wong is a geologist, with a master’s degree and Ph.D. in geology from the University of Oklahoma. He made his home in Houston, Texas, but spent a great deal of time away during his career conducting geological exploration across the United States and China. In January 2000, he retired from geology and returned home to Houston. He and his wife Su have four children - all certified CYKFA Black Belts in addition to their careers in medicine, law and finance.

I

I know, right?

looks like your usual chop socky drive thru.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    one of the black belts is a very high ranked member of the karate and japanese jujitsu group that i trained in. saw him at thier national tourney in '03.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Ching Yi Kung Fu Association

Quote Originally Posted by tattooedmonk View Post
    Best thing to do for yourself is to try it out , if it ' s good continue your training . If it ' s not good at all , then quit and go and find another school .

Thanks.

Actually , if you look at the list of Black Belts I am #102.