Thread: I switched majors

Threaded View

I switched majors

I have been majoring in Asian studies with an emphasis on Chinese for the last three years. I have not enjoyed learning the language for a very long time due to various reasons, so I have decided to drop it down to a minor. I'll might pick the language back up if I later chose to teach English in China. In its place, I have picked up two majors, art history and anthropology. I normally deal exclusively with Asian art, but I have come to adore Renaissance art recently. For the latter, I may specialize in cultural and biological anthropology. I am extremely interested in primatology. I was thinking about fusing my love of history, art, and primate behavior to research the origins of art and various other concepts of human nature and society. I'm shooting for a PhD, but I don't know if I have enough steam for it.

According to my adviser, most of the anthropology majors at my school switch in their junior or senior year, so I am not alone. Has anyone else here made a switch of this magnitude late in their college career?
    Last edited by ghostexorcist; 04-21-2012 at 11:25 AM.