Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ˇWing Chun in Japan!

Thumbs up Wing Chun in Tokyo 東京で詠春拳を学びたい方へ

Hi everyone,
    I want to reach out again for any one searching on the web for Wing Chun in Tokyo.
    There are very few schools in Tokyo as I know of. I'm learning "Traditional Wing Chun" from the lineage of William Cheung, Bruce Lee's childhood friend.

今度、日本語でポストしましょう。
    皆さんこんにちは!ネットで詠春拳を検索してる方はいらしゃいますか?
    詠春拳教えてる場所は少ないので、ご興味を持つ方は是非連絡どうぞ。
    JPiston608@gmail.com

自分今通ってる詠春拳の道場だけではなく、他の自分に合いそうな道場、幅広く話せます!
    Looking for practice partners in New York City.

Push hands, internal strength conditioning, sparring.

Quote Originally Posted by T.Panda View Post
    Hi everyone,
    I want to reach out again for any one searching on the web for Wing Chun in Tokyo.
    There are very few schools in Tokyo as I know of. I'm learning "Traditional Wing Chun" from the lineage of William Cheung, Bruce Lee's childhood friend.

今度、日本語でポストしましょう。
    JPiston608@gmail.com

T. Panda,

If you want to promote your training group to English speakers in Tokyo, the Kungfu Magazine forum is probably one of the best places to post. You can also try the Metropolis Magazine (metropolis.co.jp)- set up a free training advertisement there in their classified ads section.

Few Japanese martial artists probably realize what a long history English speaking martial artists have with Chinese martial arts, including Wing Chun. On top of that, few read English to a good enough standard to benefit from or even know about the existence of forums like this. You could advertise on 2ch.net or send a free training advertisement to Hiden martial arts magazine (www.bab.co.jp/hiden)- a monthly publication.

All the best with your training.

Wing chun in Japan

Quote Originally Posted by T.Panda View Post
    Hi all. I'm TPanda from the US, currently residing in Tokyo, Japan.
    I am a practitioner of TWC, meditation, and studying Traditional Chinese Science.

I'd just like to know if there are any people out here in Japan and your thoughts about Wing Chuns future in Japan, as it seemed to have proliferated quite well through out the world already.

Panda
    Go for it , I ' m sure young energetic japanese girls would like to learn WC , and find the difference between WC and karate . TPanda , let me guess are you certified WC Sifu in the Cheung Wing Chun lineage of WC ?

Wing Chun in Japan

Hello all!

Lance, I'm a student of Wing Chun training under a certified instructor in the Traditional Wing Chun system. I've seen girls with full make up on practicing martial arts in Japan.
    Training does get a bit intense though... I've gone through days of training where I was so tired that I was breathing through my ears.

Thanks Gowgee for your advice. My sifu may give it a try.

Thanks

Thumbs up Wing Chun in Tokyo

http://kimartialartsstudio800.blogspot.jp/

Here is a rough blog of Traditional Wing Chun instructor Ki Innis in Tokyo. A more polished version of the website will be updated shortly!

Wink New Websites for Traditional Wing Chun in Japan!

In my continuous effort to raise awareness of Wing Chun in Japan, websites have been made for the 2 Traditional Wing Chun sifus residing and teaching in Tokyo, Japan.
    Please see below. There is still improvement to be made and I hope to get unique domain names in the near future:

There are a few other Wing Chun schools in Tokyo. Since I am promoting Wing Chun as a whole, I encourage you to research the school that you think best fits you.
    Visit the classes and see for yourself if the training environment and curriculum fits you.
    There is no "best" when it comes to a training system for Wing Chun, there is only "what works for YOU".

詠春拳にご興味持ってる方は下記のウエブサイトご覧ください。
    私は詠春拳を幅広く、全体的に日本に広げたいと思ってますので、興味を持ってる方に合う先生を選ぶためにそ れぞれの道場と先生を調べてそして体験レッスンを取った方がいいと思います。
    流派や練習の仕方はベストがない。ベストは自分の目的と性格に合う道場なんです。

Wing Chun Japan, Wing Chun Tokyo, Ving Tsun Japan, Wing Tsun Japan

Sifu Ki Innis (originally from New York City, student of Master Victor Parlati)
    http://brianh608.wix.com/wingchunjapan

Sifu Freddy Wong (originally from Hong Kong, student of Grandmaster William Cheung)
    http://brianh608.wix.com/twcjapan
    Last edited by T.Panda; 02-03-2014 at 08:44 PM.

Smile Another reach out to Wing Chun enthusiasts

Hi everyone,

今度、日本語でポストしましょう。

Please email my kung fu brother Walter regarding classes with Sifu Ki Innis from New York City. He is teaching in Takadanobaba, which is not far from Shinjuku station.

Walt7800@gmail.com

Applied Wing Chun Okinawa

Just adding to this thread for future reference. There's an Applied Wing Chun Group on Okinawa. They're the oldest Wing Chun School/Club on the island. They train 3 times a week. Classes are free right now, but the training is legit. The instructor can be reached at dnkblue@gmail.com.

Applied Wing Chun Okinawa Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AppliedWingChunOkinawa

Last edited by OkinawaWingChun; 01-07-2016 at 08:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OkinawaWingChun View Post
    Just adding to this thread for future reference. There's an Applied Wing Chun Group on Okinawa. They're the oldest Wing Chun School/Club on the island. They train 3 times a week. Classes are free right now, but the training is legit. The instructor can be reached at dnkblue@gmail.com.

Applied Wing Chun San Diego and Okinawa Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AppliedWingChunSanDiego

Website: http://www.appliedwcsd.com/applied-w...n-okinawa.html

Cool man. How well receipted is WC on Okinawa ? Is it mainly American servicemen or do locals attend classes as well ?

Applied Wing Chun Okinawa

Quote Originally Posted by boxerbilly View Post
    Cool man. How well receipted is WC on Okinawa ? Is it mainly American servicemen or do locals attend classes as well ?
    Hey boxer, the Facebook and website have been updated:

Applied Wing Chun Okinawa Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AppliedWingChunOkinawa

With regards to your question, I believe it is mostly received with foreigners (American and others). The locals seem to be more interested in either traditional Japanese martial arts or MMA.

Quote Originally Posted by OkinawaWingChun View Post
    Hey boxer, the Facebook and website have been updated:

With regards to your question, I believe it is mostly received with foreigners (American and others). The locals seem to be more interested in either traditional Japanese martial arts or MMA.
    Well that is okay too. Marines .

Reaching out to Wing Chun enthusiasts in Tokyo, Japan

Hi again!

This is my annual post to raise more awareness of Wing Chun in Tokyo.

Sifu Freddy Wong has a new domain name www.TWCJapan.com

Wink Wing Chun in Japan

Thanks to the efforts of Wing Chun enthusiasts, Wing Chun has grown in popularity in Tokyo as seen by the significant growth of students in the few existing Wing Chun schools.

In celebration, a website will be made and dedicated to a NEW practice group. A neutral ground for all Wing Chun practitioners to come together and hone their skills regardless of lineage. Everybody is welcome to come learn, test their skill, chi sao and spar!

The website will be using the domain name TWCJapan.com
    Sifu Freddy Wong's website will use another domain name starting in 2017.