Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: One inch punch

Quote Originally Posted by Vajramusti View Post
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sanjuro-I have seen pictures of Lui Ming Fai in contests.And I have met him.He has short power and he can hit hard.
    Some time ago on this forum there were a couple of pics of him in matches.

joy chaudhuri
    his power shown in that wall bag clip when he is not holding back. that type of power if hit that interviewer, it will be big damage. so, Lui is not using any power when he was playing with the interviewer. that is forsure. if he wants to strike real he just drop the weight similar to drop into the wall back. but he didnt for these friendly interview. he is just pushing and stop not striking.

for those who still doesnt get what I am saying the body type and line type.

body type is analogy to swinging a hammer and hit something.
    line type is analogy to a load cross bow shooting out.

both can do big damage but different mechanics and different charateristics.

WCK is not an art for swinging big hammer similar to CLF.
    WCK is a cros bow art, and the SLT set is the evidence of that.

The issue is most people today is thinking jerking a hammer hit is short power. without knowing jerking a hammer hit is still hammer hit. not a cross bow. eventhough that jerk looks might look like as shoot.

Bruce Lee's inch punch demo is spear push not a cross bow short.

line type cross bow short has a force line recoil or compress back into the bows support by the ground at the instant of the contact or penetration. yes. at release or issue or fajin it is actually compress the bow. not releasing the bow. this is counter intuitive. thus many does not get it. thus, it is actually implode instead of of like the body type which is extended and explode.

body type hit has a body push or extended out from the ground and then after some delay hit the target.

take a look at sifu Liu, when he hit the wall bag. he issue that implode. but all other time he just extend his hand to push. Lui just have to release at the contact, and that release is called " short power" or inch power or inch jin. because it doesnt travel as the body type where pushing from the ground up and .... after some delay hit the target. but get it instantly via the force vector. thus, it is said, others travel the bow path I travel the string of the bow. travel the bow path means body type.

So, when reading a person one sees if there is that implode if yes that means he has it but not showing. most inch punch demo like the three demo in the begining of this thread does not have the implode. that is the body type. not saying that is not powerfull but different mechanics.

4.12 to 4.20 is a basic line type release drill or compressing the major bows.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NI0i5eulDUc
    Last edited by Hendrik; 05-02-2012 at 04:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik;

take a look at sifu Liu, when he hit the wall bag. he issue that implode. but all other time he just extend his hand to push. Lui just have to release at the contact, and that release is called " short power" or inch power or inch jin. because it doesnt travel as the body type where pushing from the ground up and .... after some delay hit the target. but get it instantly via the force vector. thus, it is said, others travel the bow path I travel the string of the bow. travel the bow path means body type.

So, when reading a person one sees if there is that implode if yes that means he has it but not showing. most inch punch demo like the three demo in the begining of this thread does not have the implode. that is the body type. not saying that is not powerfull but different mechanics.

4.12 to 4.20 is a basic line type release drill or compressing the major bows.

[url
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NI0i5eulDUc[/url]
    -------------------------------------------

Good observation and distinction.

joy chaudhuri

-------------------------------------------

Good observation and distinction.

joy chaudhuri

always need to know your opponent.

i am happy to see this today.

Jeet Kune Do Techniques Mistake #9: Wrong Power Source

The power of your jeet kune do moves should come from your rear leg, not from your arms. “You channel the power from your back leg through your body and into your punch,” Ted Wong says.

this is exactly body type of power generation of Bruce Lee. that is not WCK inch power type

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    i am happy to see this today.

Jeet Kune Do Techniques Mistake #9: Wrong Power Source

The power of your jeet kune do moves should come from your rear leg, not from your arms. “You channel the power from your back leg through your body and into your punch,” Ted Wong says.

this is exactly body type of power generation of Bruce Lee. that is not WCK inch power type
    And this is?????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NCLI...endscreen&NR=1

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sanjuro-I have seen pictures of Lui Ming Fai in contests.And I have met him.He has short power and he can hit hard.
    Some time ago on this forum there were a couple of pics of him in matches.

joy chaudhuri
    Oh I don't doubt it.
    My point, the one I keep repeating and keeps getting ignored it seems is that NONE of those demos SHOWS the practical application of inch power in a fight.
    And the clips that do show "inch power" ( since we are using that term) are NOT from WC.
    Of course the argument is that, since those clips aren't from WC that they aren't "WC inch power", to which I reply as usual: Show me a practical example of WC inch power.
    To which I am shown demo clips, drill clips and breaking clips.
    Do you see what I am saying here my friend or is it me?
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Oh I don't doubt it.
    My point, the one I keep repeating and keeps getting ignored it seems is that NONE of those demos SHOWS the practical application of inch power in a fight.
    And the clips that do show "inch power" ( since we are using that term) are NOT from WC.
    Of course the argument is that, since those clips aren't from WC that they aren't "WC inch power", to which I reply as usual: Show me a practical example of WC inch power.
    To which I am shown demo clips, drill clips and breaking clips.
    Do you see what I am saying here my friend or is it me?
    its you................

Last edited by Hendrik; 05-03-2012 at 06:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    its you................
    Probably and based on this:
    I bow out of this "conversation".
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Jeet Kune Do Techniques Mistake #1: Wrong Origins

Not all aspects of JKD punching stem from wing chun kung fu, Ted Wong says. “Much of the JKD being taught today is based on wing chun structures. I have a lot of respect for wing chun, but it’s not JKD. In fact, the majority of Bruce Lee’s notes in Tao of Jeet Kune Do are from boxing and fencing.

Learn how the boxing techniques of Muhammad Ali and Joe Louis influenced Bruce Lee’s development of jeet kune do techniques in this FREE Guide — Bruce Lee Training Research: How Boxing Influenced His Jeet Kune Do .

Quote Originally Posted by GlennR View Post
    Yes, to me that is more like the one inch punch !.

Cheers

Here, there are some good one inch punches in this clip..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7_dzu4TQDs

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Probably and based on this:

I bow out of this "conversation".
    thank god i thought i was the only one to see that and go followed by and finished off with

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood View Post
    Here, there are some good one inch punches in this clip..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7_dzu4TQDs

Cheers
    and yet when they actually spar and hit it looks like this, similar to MMA and no one inch punches in sight strange that. although to be fair a nice short range kick at 1.55, and a lovely short range punch knockdown at 1.59
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbEGg...watch_response