Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: One inch punch

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Kevin has the correct.
    Now, if only there was proof of it !
    Go shoot a basket ball to the wall as I have suggest. Everyone can do that there is no mystery . And in fact everyone has done it. It is just one doesn't recogzine it and develop it.

Quote Originally Posted by k gledhill View Post
    Ah now I see your angle, I thought you where here for other reasons.
    Now now, you know me well enough to know that, to me, the litmus test of ANY MA principle is combat.
    There is no trolling here dude, far from that.
    I know inch power, I have seen it and felt it BUT none of that changes that what we typiclaly see id CRAP and you know that too.
    Others can hide behind the theory and by trying to compare a MA activity to ANYTHING BUT fighting, BUT WE ( you and I) KNOW what is the ONLY test.
    Am I right?
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Now now, you know me well enough to know that, to me, the litmus test of ANY MA principle is combat.
    I know inch power, I have seen it and felt it BUT none of that changes that what we typiclaly see id CRAP and you know that too.
    Others can hide behind the theory and by trying to compare a MA activity to ANYTHING BUT fighting, BUT WE ( you and I) KNOW what is the ONLY test.
    Am I right?

Why don't you share in your own words in details what is inch power? How to generate it?

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    Why don't you share in your own words in details what is inch power? How to generate it?
    You really haven't been reading anything that has been written, have you?
    But here, let me show you in PRACTICE DURING a FIGHT:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWqA88T8ews

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mo5nqfP_ArY
    Last edited by sanjuro_ronin; 04-26-2012 at 07:52 AM.

I don't get what you are leading into.

What is the power type and mechanics of WCK inch punch according to you, is my question.

I don't get what you are leading into.

What is the power type and mechanics of WCK inch punch according to you, is my question.
    And I answered.
    The clips above show ( highlight) the PRACTICAL application of short distance striking and one even does it while moving BACKWARDS.
    And they do it without silly terms or archaic mumble jumbo that is no more than double talk from people that like to hear themselves speak.

Am I right?
    Granted many are deluding themselves with practical application to a moving assailant. Its one thing to hit in a demo, quite another to do it in chaos, calmly.

Quote Originally Posted by k gledhill View Post
    Granted many are deluding themselves with practical application to a moving assailant. Its one thing to hit in a demo, quite another to do it in chaos, calmly.
    And that is the point isn't it?
    Anyone can "fa jing" a static target, whatever it may be.
    But we train in a FIGHTING system and what is done and drilled and trained is to be DONE DURING a fight, with the other guy beating on Us with as much gusto as we are beating on him.
    You will never develop the attributes to use ANYTHING in a real fight by doing ONLY static and compliant drills.
    It MUST eventually be applied in practical terms and guess what?
    It won't be anything like it is in the drill/demo.

I have and it looks like, from your clips, that you have just been reading something else too!

Both clips do not show the unique Wing Chun Choone Ging at all, unless you take the approach of John and believe inch force is in everything you do. Maybe every strike can have an 'inch force peak' at the end of a right hook for example, but this isn't the ultimate purpose of learning the method.

I liked Kevs expression actually (how surprising!) but still not exactly how I would describe it's 'use'
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

Quote Originally Posted by LoneTiger108 View Post
    I have and it looks like, from your clips, that you have just been reading something else too!

Both clips do not show the unique Wing Chun Choone Ging at all, unless you take the approach of John and believe inch force is in everything you do. Maybe every strike can have an 'inch force peak' at the end of a right hook for example, but this isn't the ultimate purpose of learning the method.

I liked Kevs expression actually (how surprising!) but still not exactly how I would describe it's 'use'
    Show me a practical application of what you are saying.

And I answered.
    The clips above show ( highlight) the PRACTICAL application of short distance striking and one even does it while moving BACKWARDS.
    And they do it without silly terms or archaic mumble jumbo that is no more than double talk from people that like to hear themselves speak.
    Ok.

1. These are your view. But others have theirs.

2. Not all Short distance striking Are the same. And there are Atleast 3 types of different short distance striking Mechanics.

3. WCK has its terminology it's mechanics , similar to every culture has its own tradition. If you don't like that that is fine.

Show me a practical application of what you are saying.
    I have nothing for you of myself but I am looking through some clips to highlight how it is 'used' and finding some interesting comparisons.

Leave it with me...
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

Wing Chun 1850, there are lots of things and very scientific if using today's language to describe them. too bad one get into all kind of guessing game such as Nim Lik and Qi Power causing even more confusion.
    What are going on about 1850 Wing Chun for? Were you there? Where have you read this stuff? How is this actually relevant?

The article:
    http://www.wingchuntaoist.com/2012/0...wing-chun.html

Shows a demonstration for short range power and how to use Wing Chun to train and develop it.
    Does is not? Is it not a demonstration of short range power and something that looks genuine?

Quote Originally Posted by LoneTiger108 View Post

I agree on the clips.

Kevin's has a good WCK view.

Quote Originally Posted by thedreamer7 View Post
    What are going on about 1850 Wing Chun for? Were you there? Where have you read this stuff? How is this actually relevant?

The article:
    http://www.wingchuntaoist.com/2012/0...wing-chun.html

Shows a demonstration for short range power and how to use Wing Chun to train and develop it.
    Does is not? Is it not a demonstration of short range power and something that looks genuine?

The clip is a demo expressing a person idea on inch punch . Is it or is it WCK inch power that is a different story.

If you applied Kevin idea or the basket ball test, you will see the different of this clip.