Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: One inch punch

Quote Originally Posted by LoneTiger108 View Post
    I have nothing for you of myself but I am looking through some clips to highlight how it is 'used' and finding some interesting comparisons.

Leave it with me...
    Sure, I would love to see your opinion on the matter.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

I know that you guys really WANT to THINK that these is a uniqueness to "WC inch power", much like SPM peeps and Pak Mei dudes want to think the same thing about theirs, but the harsh reality is this:
    Show it in practical terms and you will see that is NOT the case.
    The human body works the way it works, period.

Quote Originally Posted by thedreamer7 View Post
    What are going on about 1850 Wing Chun for? Were you there? Where have you read this stuff? How is this actually relevant?

The article:
    http://www.wingchuntaoist.com/2012/0...wing-chun.html

Shows a demonstration for short range power and how to use Wing Chun to train and develop it.
    Does is not? Is it not a demonstration of short range power and something that looks genuine?
    Actually I have just realized this is Sifu Leo and yes his standard is very good, but this is his students blog in NYC? No wonder he's getting it in the neck!!
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    I know that you guys really WANT to THINK that these is a uniqueness to "WC inch power", much like SPM peeps and Pak Mei dudes want to think the same thing about theirs, but the harsh reality is this:
    Well, I know you want to think that it isn't, but I know that the way WCK that I was taught trains and utilizes inch force IS different than most other examples I see. Like Hendriks Basketball analogy. This suggests that there is a flowing contact that kind of rolls (as the ball rolls through the hand) until it hits the peak of the players fingers and then that last little/inch 'dig' to throw the ball. This IS inch force, but it is using a 'build up' or sorts.

I found this example of some Judo throws and IMHHHO the exact same principle is clearly evident http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3HisfQ3jL8

Not quite the same as your punching/elbow clips, but again not exactly how the Wing Chun I know expresses this method. We can do it, without the build up being SEEN (supposedly!)

But there, I tried!!!
    Last edited by LoneTiger108; 04-26-2012 at 09:02 AM.
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

Actually I have just realized this is Sifu Leo and yes his standard is very good, but this is his students blog in NYC? No wonder he's getting it in the neck!!
    What do you mean by that?

Well, I know you want to think that it isn't, but I know that the way WCK that I was taught trains and utilizes inch force IS different than most other examples I see. Like Hendriks Basketball analogy. This suggests that there is a flowing contact that kind of rolls (as the ball rolls through the hand) until it hits the peak of the players fingers and then that last little/inch 'dig' to throw the ball. This IS inch force, but it is using a 'build up' or sorts.

I found this example of some Judo throws and IMHHHO the exact same principle is clearly evident http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3HisfQ3jL8

Not quite the same as your punching/elbow clips, but again not exactly how the Wing Chun I know expresses this method. But there, I tried!!!
    I am not talking about drilling it or developing it but EXPRESSING it in a fight.

I am not talking about drilling it or developing it but EXPRESSING it in a fight.
    But do you get where I am coming from with regards to the differences?? Because if you do you should be able to find me a clip of something similar being used in a fight!!!
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

What do you mean by that?
    Simply that this forum does seem to throw curve balls at anyone who does demos or tries to express what they do 'without fighting'! And the NYC area is very competitive for business!!

I have also found some that seem to hate us Brits too and seeing as Sifu Leo is a local Londoner, well you see what I mean...
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

But do you get where I am coming from with regards to the differences?? Because if you do you should be able to find me a clip of something similar being used in a fight!!!
    Good luck with that because that is my point, you won't find that video.
    When inch power IS expressed in a fight and not a demo or compliant drill, it tends to look like the clips I posted, REGARDLESS of who it was developed or whatever "engine' is driving it.

Simply that this forum does seem to throw curve balls at anyone who does demos or tries to express what they do 'without fighting'! And the NYC area is very competitive for business!!

I have also found some that seem to hate us Brits too and seeing as Sifu Leo is a local Londoner, well you see what I mean...
    That's a shame I would have fought Sifu Leo would have commanded more respect considering he was chosen to choreograph the Ip Man movies (worked with Ip Chun and Sammo Hung). All Wing Chun enthusiasts have benefited from the exposure those films have given to Wing Chun.

1. Until one can clearly describe what it is. One cannot tell is it unique or not.

2. A strike can be done in Atleast 3 different ways with the same human body. So it is important to find out which way is it?

3. Until one knows which way one cannot conclude on practical or not.

In my opinion only,

this is not WCK inch power. it is far away from what it is.

and also it is very risky to playing with this type of stuffs on the chest area.

That's a shame I would have fought Sifu Leo would have commanded more respect considering he was chosen to choreograph the Ip Man movies (worked with Ip Chun and Sammo Hung). All Wing Chun enthusiasts have benefited from the exposure those films have given to Wing Chun.

The issue is not him. but his intepretation of WCK inch power is not what it is.

These Movies and shows business are great for promotion, however, it will get one into big trouble in real life application. which I agree totally with sanjuro_ronin.

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    1. Until one can clearly describe what it is. One cannot tell is it unique or not.

2. A strike can be done in Atleast 3 different ways with the same human body. So it is important to find out which way is it?

3. Until one knows which way one cannot conclude on practical or not.
    We've gone over this Hendrick, our understanding of biomechanics doesn't mesh, you prefer "other terms".