Thread: You've got some nerve!

You've got some nerve!

OK let me ask you senior wing chun guys about wing chun strikes.

I've experienced some pretty painful blocks and deflections in training, and done some palm, knife hand strikes and punches down the centerline to the face, throat and chest to date.

What I'm wondering is, do any of you train any strikes specifically designed to deaden nerves that may temporarily incapacitate someone's limbs or more directly in (such as the neck etc)? I'm asking this in consideration of local laws, which state whichever party in a confrontation does permanent damage to the other is guilty.

You ' ve got some nerves !

Quote Originally Posted by Gowgee View Post
    OK let me ask you senior wing chun guys about wing chun strikes.

I've experienced some pretty painful blocks and deflections in training, and done some palm, knife hand strikes and punches down the centerline to the face, throat and chest to date.

What I'm wondering is, do any of you train any strikes specifically designed to deaden nerves that may temporarily incapacitate someone's limbs or more directly in (such as the neck etc)? I'm asking this in consideration of local laws, which state whichever party in a confrontation does permanent damage to the other is guilty.
    The bil jee and the iron palm strikes , but the iron palm has to be developed in order to make it work . Bil jee strikes has to be conditioned too , other than that know what part of the body to strike .

Realistically , we all train and practice the martial arts for the benefit of defending ourselves . So if the opponent going do dome damage on us , the kinds of strikes that incapacitate us then , I don ' t see why we can ' t do the same with them . To me whatever the opponent going do to us , I would certainly do to them too .
    Regardless of what the law says .

In KL22 we like to strike area around and below the arm pit. A lot
    Dr. J Fung
    www.kulowingchun.com

"打得好就詠春,打得唔好就dum春"

Quote Originally Posted by lance View Post
    The bil jee and the iron palm strikes , but the iron palm has to be developed in order to make it work . Bil jee strikes has to be conditioned too , other than that know what part of the body to strike .

Realistically , we all train and practice the martial arts for the benefit of defending ourselves . So if the opponent going do dome damage on us , the kinds of strikes that incapacitate us then , I don ' t see why we can ' t do the same with them . To me whatever the opponent going do to us , I would certainly do to them too .
    Regardless of what the law says .
    Thanks Lance,

I appreciate what you're saying about a dangerous assailant, but sometimes you don't have the luxury of being able to cause injuries that leave bruising or worse. Can I ask where the iron palm and biu gee are used?

Quote Originally Posted by imperialtaichi View Post
    Hi John,

Thanks for this. I'm not sure if the terms are the same in mainland Chinese, but I use 内関, 三里 and 弱筋 along the inside of the arm to deaden nerves - but these all generally leave bruising. Can I ask what points and fists you use around the armpit?

Quote Originally Posted by imperialtaichi View Post
    A close friend of mine practices Bak Mei and they use the Phoenix Punch to Heart-1/Ji Quan: http://www.yinyanghouse.com/acupuncturepoints/ht1

(A lot.)
    “An ounce of action is worth a ton of theory.” – Friedrich Engels