Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
I agree with Doug - This was my fav Iron Man so far, but keep in mind, I'm not a fan of IM. I like Downey a lot. He redeems it. He's funny and the opening scene with a Wing Chun dummy front and center in 3D and Downey throwing some Wing Chun moves - that was awesome. Whenever he wants to be on our cover, I'd stop presses for ol' Rob. Still hating on Gwyneth and the way this one ends (totally predictable) made me hate on her more. Kingsley was great. The spin on the Mandarin was very PC for PRC, and the whole fortune cookie schtick was clever. Nice Stan Lee cameo, as always.

I really want to see the Chinese version now as all of the stuff about the Chinese stars we posted above on this thread is on some Hollywood cutting room floor. Wang appears in the 1999 NYE party scene and is the doc at the Chinese hospital in the end (That's why there was acupuncture needles - that's China). I think Fan and Johnny were two of the AIM mutants at the end, for the fight with Cheadle on the suspended container. The Grauman's Chinese Theater bit was funny.

I was mindlessly entertained for the length of the film, but I really want to see the PRC version now. I think I would like it a lot more. I gotta say, knowing what we know about the PRC version from this thread, you can dominate any discussion of IM3 and sound super cool, knowledgeable and worldly.
SPOILER ALERT [color=yellow] guy pearces character was originally suppose to be played by andrew lau, which would have been awesome!! the old manderin was racist but the character has since been rebooted in the books. but since china made a big stink about him being racist, he became white... PRC failed to see that this would have put a chinese star on a global scale...170 million dollar opening in the state 196milllion worldwide. proving that while yes collectively overseas is great for money. USA is still the number1 market for movies.[/yellow]