Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Iron Man 3

I'm hoping there's a sword fight in the Chinese version

I agree with Doug - This was my fav Iron Man so far, but keep in mind, I'm not a fan of IM. I like Downey a lot. He redeems it. He's funny and the opening scene with a Wing Chun dummy front and center in 3D and Downey throwing some Wing Chun moves - that was awesome. Whenever he wants to be on our cover, I'd stop presses for ol' Rob. Still hating on Gwyneth and the way this one ends (totally predictable) made me hate on her more. Kingsley was great. The spin on the Mandarin was very PC for PRC, and the whole fortune cookie schtick was clever. Nice Stan Lee cameo, as always.

I really want to see the Chinese version now as all of the stuff about the Chinese stars we posted above on this thread is on some Hollywood cutting room floor. Wang appears in the 1999 NYE party scene and is the doc at the Chinese hospital in the end (That's why there was acupuncture needles - that's China). I think Fan and Johnny were two of the AIM mutants at the end, for the fight with Cheadle on the suspended container. The Grauman's Chinese Theater bit was funny.

I was mindlessly entertained for the length of the film, but I really want to see the PRC version now. I think I would like it a lot more. I gotta say, knowing what we know about the PRC version from this thread, you can dominate any discussion of IM3 and sound super cool, knowledgeable and worldly.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    I agree with Doug - This was my fav Iron Man so far, but keep in mind, I'm not a fan of IM. I like Downey a lot. He redeems it. He's funny and the opening scene with a Wing Chun dummy front and center in 3D and Downey throwing some Wing Chun moves - that was awesome. Whenever he wants to be on our cover, I'd stop presses for ol' Rob. Still hating on Gwyneth and the way this one ends (totally predictable) made me hate on her more. Kingsley was great. The spin on the Mandarin was very PC for PRC, and the whole fortune cookie schtick was clever. Nice Stan Lee cameo, as always.

I really want to see the Chinese version now as all of the stuff about the Chinese stars we posted above on this thread is on some Hollywood cutting room floor. Wang appears in the 1999 NYE party scene and is the doc at the Chinese hospital in the end (That's why there was acupuncture needles - that's China). I think Fan and Johnny were two of the AIM mutants at the end, for the fight with Cheadle on the suspended container. The Grauman's Chinese Theater bit was funny.

I was mindlessly entertained for the length of the film, but I really want to see the PRC version now. I think I would like it a lot more. I gotta say, knowing what we know about the PRC version from this thread, you can dominate any discussion of IM3 and sound super cool, knowledgeable and worldly.
    SPOILER ALERT [color=yellow] guy pearces character was originally suppose to be played by andrew lau, which would have been awesome!! the old manderin was racist but the character has since been rebooted in the books. but since china made a big stink about him being racist, he became white... PRC failed to see that this would have put a chinese star on a global scale...170 million dollar opening in the state 196milllion worldwide. proving that while yes collectively overseas is great for money. USA is still the number1 market for movies.[/yellow]

Mok Jong in Iron Man 3

It was kinda fun seeing the Wooden Man in one of the early scenes of the movie. I am glad Robert Downey was able to get the segment included. It was also nice seeing a Wing Chun man (Si-Fu Eric Oram) included in the credits of such a huge film.

A rising tide raises all ships!

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    wasn't real impressed with it. had it's good parts but lacked a lot in story line. The mandarin was a big let down (twist in the movie). I'm also looking forward to "the man of steel" movie as well.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

Spoiler alert: (don't read this if you haven't seen the movie)

The biggest let down for me was Iron Patriot. Okay, so there is no Norman Osborne tie-in, they paint war machine red, white, and blue, and call him The Iron Patriot, and then gets to flex none at all. Except for it's element in the Presiden'ts abduction scheme, Iron Patriot was irrelevant in the film. I liked the film, but way too much Paltrow, Killian breaths fire once, but never again while fighting? then, Iron Man battles Killian with a multitude of armors for what seems like forever, and then good old super Pepper Potts takes him out in all of 20 or so seconds, and to top it all off...no glimpses or reveals to any of the next Marvel films either in the movie itself, or especially in the after credits scene.

But like I stated, I still liked the film.

Quote Originally Posted by brothernumber9 View Post
    Spoiler alert: (don't read this if you haven't seen the movie)

The biggest let down for me was Iron Patriot. Okay, so there is no Norman Osborne tie-in, they paint war machine red, white, and blue, and call him The Iron Patriot, and then gets to flex none at all. Except for it's element in the Presiden'ts abduction scheme, Iron Patriot was irrelevant in the film. I liked the film, but way too much Paltrow, Killian breaths fire once, but never again while fighting? then, Iron Man battles Killian with a multitude of armors for what seems like forever, and then good old super Pepper Potts takes him out in all of 20 or so seconds, and to top it all off...no glimpses or reveals to any of the next Marvel films either in the movie itself, or especially in the after credits scene.

But like I stated, I still liked the film.
    The Invincible Iron Man was one of the titles I read as a kid growing up. I really liked this flick. Guess I had no expectations other to be entertained by seeing one of my fav characters be brought to life on the big screen.

For me there wasn't much that left me scratching my head (Stark's surgery at the end came to mind; some theorized that he used extremis on himself). I didn't mind the twist as more than one villain can often detract from the story like Spider-man 3 or some of the Batman movies.

What made Iron Man interesting to me is that he is a self made Superhero. He's only human. He has no powers just his intellect, wits and ingenuity and I thought they showed that rather well.
    Behold. Mighty Ross. His coming was foretold in the Book of BaWang. He will come with a Vengeance on David, Son of Jamie. The Warring Trolls will unite across the Forums of Ching. And the Virgin Warrior, Pure-Hearted Lucas shall be offered up in Sacrifice to appease His Wrath. His Truth will ring in the hearts of the Kickboxers, and They shall be Glorified forevermore. Peace be upon you, Internet Traveler.

Saw the movie last night , 3-D IMAX screen, great FX. Like the supercharged Pepper, and yes, some cheezy plot lines.

hold the phone....

I thought Iron Man went to China, not Japan.

Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart