Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mothpocalypse!

Killer Bees

This thread also brings to mind another insect menace from the past:

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-li...ler-bees/29161
    "if its ok for shaolin wuseng to break his vow then its ok for me to sneak behind your house at 3 in the morning and bang your dog if buddha is in your heart then its ok"-Bawang

"I get what you have said in the past, but we are not intuitive fighters. As instinctive fighters, we can chuck spears and claw and bite. We are not instinctively god at punching or kicking."-Drake

"Princess? LMAO hammer you are such a pr^t"-Frost

In drought years, the trees and shrubs can not make enough sap/resin to protect themselves from certain insects, and they thrive and lay lots more eggs than usual. Then they suddenly all go to hatching or turning into moths or whatever. Yes, we have them like that here in northeast Texas. These moths tend to be the Mexican brown bat's favorite and main staple in their diet. These moths will eventually fly up in huge masses, hundreds of feet up in the air to breed at night. Bats will come from miles and miles away, locating the swarms with their sonar. They will feed on them to the tune of tons and tons. That is a lot of moths. And this activity might last most of a summer too. Bats is our friends.
    Jackie Lee

No Kidding Sanjuro..

Yeah you know it's bad when you have to run in your house as quickly as possible to avoid them. I have 30-40 of those buggers swarming around my front door at any given moment, and that's with the porch light OFF.

I'm allergic to cats, but this is one of those times where I wish I had one..
    Although the changes are infinite, the principles are the same.
    - Wang Tsung Yueh

To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill.
    - Sun Tzu

Boards don't hit back.
    - Bruce Lee