Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Ronda Rousey

Ronda Rousey Hit Up Hooters After the Marine Corps Ball

Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Photoshop FAIL

Gotta give Ronda props for what she's doing with female body image in the U.S.

Ronda Rousey Fights Back After Photoshop Fail
    Lauren Tuck News Editor February 19, 2016

At left, Ronda Rousey unretouched; right, the photo sent to her by Jimmy Fallon. (Photo: @rondarousey/Instagram)

When Ronda Rousey sat down with Jimmy Fallon, she spoke with the talk-show host about her Sports Illustrated cover and, of course, her high-flying fighting career. She wore a black-to-silver ombré and fringe dress from Wow Couture, with Tamara Mellon strappy heels. Following the appearance, she shared a photo on Instagram of her look, with product details and shout-outs to her stylist and makeup artist. But while she looked beautiful, her followers noticed something a little strange about her biceps.

Of the nearly 3,000 comments on the post from Thursday night, a majority of them were pointing out that Rousey’s arms were looking deflated and super skinny. “You have the most amazing ufc fighter arms that a lot of ufc girls desire to have,” one commenter wrote.

Just hours later, Rousey responded to her critics by posting a text quote: “One of life’s simple truths: If you post a rude, insulting comment on a complete stranger’s social media, you’re a sad, empty loser. You’re also an a**hole.”

“#quotephase” (Photo: @rondarousey/Instagram)

With that social media retaliation fueling the fire, she put an end to the controversy by sharing a side-by-side image: one unretouched photo, the other retouched. “I have to make an apology to everyone — I was sent a picture to share on social for Fallon that was altered without me knowing to make my arms look smaller,” wrote Rousey, who recently lost a major match to Holly Holm. “I won’t say by who — I know it was done with severely misplaced positive intentions — but this goes against everything I believe, and I am extremely proud of every inch of my body. And I can assure you all it will never happen again. I could not be more appalled and hope you all forgive me.”

The 29-year-old is far from the only celebrity victimized by deviant retouchers. Zendaya got an entire editorial from a magazine pulled because she disapproved of the excessive airbrushing. Kate Winslet, who is a Lancôme spokesperson, has it in her contract that her ads for the beauty brand won’t be retouched. Khloé Kardashian and Justin Bieber also shared similar side-by-sides after they were called out by fans for misleading them with their hot bods.

Rousey has been an outspoken body-positive advocate, so it comes as no surprise that she’d be angry over being digitally manipulated without her consent. Not only did she pose for Sports Illustrated in nothing but body paint, but her frame and athletic build have helped her become a role model for lots of young people. Although, just because she’s confident in her skin now doesn’t mean she always felt that way. “These are issues that I think every girl deals with growing up, and it’s something that’s largely ignored and unaddressed,” Rousey said about having low self-esteem and negative thoughts regarding her body. “I would like that to be different for girls growing up after me. It shouldn’t have been as hard as it was.”
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Happy Friday s_r!

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    I wonder how one gets the job of spray painting the vagina of models?
    For you:
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    For you:
    More importantly, what university must one attend to get a degree in spray painting models vaginas?

It would be like some kind of hunger games course. Or a maze runner type set up....
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by david jamieson View Post
    more importantly, what university must one attend to get a degree in spray painting models vaginas?

It would be like some kind of hunger games course. Or a maze runner type set up....
    lol.........

Ronda...remember her?

Three picture deal with Lifetime.

Lifetime Sets Movie Projects With Ronda Rousey, Janet Jackson & Serena Williams, Greenlights Supernatural Pilot, More
    by Denise Petski
    April 20, 2016 8:30am

Lifetime

Lifetime unveiled movie projects with Ronda Rousey, Janet Jackson and Serena Williams as part of its 2016-2017 development slate announced today. The network also said it has ordered a two-hour pilot, Sea Change, a supernatural drama based on the YA novel by New York Times bestselling author Aimee Friedman; and announced scripted projects from Holly Brix, Wilfred‘s Jason Gann and Make It Or Break It‘s Liz Maccie. Lifetime also said the hit comedic series Catastrophe, which premiered in the UK starring Sharon Horgan and Rob Delaney, will get its U.S. linear debut with the network in early 2017.

Also on tap is a pair of unscripted projects: Fashion Inc., (working title) produced by The Weinstein Company, and docuseries Gold Medal Families, which showcases six Olympic hopefuls and their families.

Rousey has signed a three-picture movie deal to bring stories that reflect her passions about empowerment to the screen, according to the network. Additionally, Williams will executive produce the movie Sister Dance (wt), inspired by the annual dance-off competition she hosts with her sister Venus. Jackson will executive produce the story of 1920s New York City mobster, Queenie (wt). The true story centers on the first and only woman gangster during Prohibition, set against the backdrop of The Cotton Club. Kenny Leon (A Raisin In The Sun) will direct.

Sea Change follows a strong 17-year-old girl who, after the death of her father, moves to a small Nantucket-like island to live with her estranged mother. There she is pulled into classic small-town rivalries and clashes with her mother, but quickly learns the depth of those conflicts when the island legend about dangerous Sea Walkers appears to be true, presenting a mystery for her and her family. Liz Sczudlo (The Following, Awkward) penned the pilot which is produced by MarVista Entertainment and Piller/Segan. Executive producers are Fernando Szew, Sharon Bordas, Lloyd Segan, Shawn Piller and David MacLeod.

Also in development is None Of The Above (wt), based on the novel by I.W. Gregorio, a coming-of-age drama that explores the story of a girl whose previous idyllic life as the homecoming queen is called into question when she discovers she is intersex. Maccie is writing, with Stephen Chbosky (Perks Of Being A Wallflower) attached to direct. Davis Entertainment and A+E Studios will produce with John Davis attached as executive producer.

The untitled Holly Brix Project is about a group of strangers who are brought together by an unknown puppet master, threatening to expose their past misdeeds and hidden lives. The project is written by Holly Brix (The Vampire Diaries), and UnbeliEVAble Entertainment and A+E Studios are attached to produce. Eva Longoria and Ben Spector are executive producing.

Gann’s Breeders (wt), is a subversive dramedy that takes an honest look at support group survival for new parents and how new moms start to reflect the social circles of high school, where the ruthless rule and the weak rarely survive. The project is in development from A+E Studios and executive produced by Nicky Weinstock.

Lifetime is also developing Deadline (wt), a darkly satirical one-hour drama that follows aspiring journalist Emily Twist, who is frustrated by how hard it is to get noticed as a reporter in a world that values gossip over hard-hitting investigative news. Deadline is from A+E Studios and produced by Imperative Entertainment with Justin Levy and Tim Kring. Sam Forman (House Of Cards) is set to write the pilot.

Fashion Inc. is set in New York City’s fashion district, where spring fashion and beauty entrepreneurs compete for the chance to secure funds from a panel of expert investors to help grow their budding ventures. The hourlong eight-episode series is slated to premiere later this year. Katia Beauchamp, co-founder & CEO of beauty retailer Birchbox; tech marketplace maven and CEO of plus-size clothing rental startup Gwynnie Bee, Christine Hunsicker; fashion designer Rebecca Minkoff; and business mentor for the CFDA Incubator program and co-CEO of Hilldun, Gary Wassner are helming the series. The Weinstein Company is producing with executive producers Bob Weinstein, Harvey Weinstein, Patrick Reardon and Barbara Schneeweiss, in addition to Matador with executive producers Jay Peterson, Todd Lubin and James Bruce. Executive producing for Lifetime are Eli Lehrer, Mary Donahue and David Hillman.

Docuseries Gold Medal Families showcases six Olympic hopefuls and their families, revealing the extraordinary lengths, economic hardships and personal sacrifices they all go through to get their elite athlete to the podium of the world games. Eight one-hour episodes have been ordered for premiere this summer. Gold Medal Families is produced by The Company. Charlie Ebersol, Mike Lanigan and Bryn Freedman are executive producers. Eli Lehrer, Mary Donahue and David Hillman executive produce for Lifetime.

In the digital arena, Lifetime, in partnership with Hello Giggles, is breaking into the comedy space with comedy shorts, Oversharing, that feature up-and-coming female comedians telling way too much about their personal lives. All ten episodes are available online on mylifetime.com. It joins UnReal spinoff The Faith Diaries, written and produced by UnReal co-creator Sarah Gertrude Shapiro, already available online.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Ronda and WWE

Ronda Rousey Next Fight WWE Return Rumors: Stephanie McMahon 'Chomping At Bit' For 'Rowdy' To Make Wrestling Comeback [VIDEO]
    By Mike Smollins @MikeSmollins
    on Jun 30, 2016 12:18 PM EDT

UFC star Ronda Rousey. (Photo : Getty Images)

Ronda Rousey made waves at WrestleMania 31, but she hasn't been seen in the WWE since.

"Rowdy," an avid WWE fan, jumped over the barrier and helped Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson during his spat with Triple H and his wife, Stephanie McMahon in March 2015. Rousey got into a verbal war with the pair and then took both of them out.

Though the former UFC women's bantamweight champion has expressed great interest in returning to the company someday, her schedule has been very busy.

On top of training for her eventual return to the Octagon, Rousey's movie career is taking off as well, leaving her little time to get involved in WWE storylines.

McMahon recently spoke about the formerly undefeated UFC star's appearance in the WWE and her unfinished business with her.

"I would just say anything can happen in the WWE," McMahon told Fox Sports when asked about a potential Rousey return. "I've been chomping at the bit for a long time to have Ronda as a part of WWE, but she has a few other things on her road map I think."

Rousey lost a UFC fight for the first time in her career at UFC 193 back in November when she was knocked out by Holly Holm. The loss sent "Rowdy" on a downward spiral and she later admitted she had suicidal thoughts before being pulled from the brink by her boyfriend, fellow MMA fighter Travis Browne.

She hasn't accepted another fight since the loss, while Holm went on to lose the belt to Miesha Tate, who will defend the title against Amanda Nunes on July 9 at UFC 200 in Las Vegas.

Rousey has been training for a return to the Octagon, but president Dana White said she won't rush back to action.

As for her appearance in the WWE, White originally described it as a "one-off" at WrestleMania 31, but things could be changing. The WWE struck a cross-promotion deal with the MMA affiliate, allowing Brock Lesnar to return for one night only to face Mark Hunt at UFC 200.

The WWE may lend the UFC Lesnar and ask for another appearance from Rousey down the line in return, while there are also rumors of the company having interest in Paige VanZant.

One way or another, it seems inevitable that Rousey will find her way back to the squared circle.

More crossovers. Not sure if these benefit WWE or UFC more.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Reebok - Ronda Rousey - #PerfectNever

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

A Lesson In Imperfection

A Lesson In Imperfection
    JUL 19, 2016 10:40 AM
    RONDA ROUSEY

PHOTO: COURTESY OF REEBOK.

I scroll through my phone like everyone else. I see the world filtered and duckfaced like every other woman does. And sometimes I’m almost convinced that’s real.

But it’s not.

The curated lives we see every day are fake. The perfect angles, the perfect outfits, the perfect lighting. That’s not reality. What is real are imperfections. What builds character and toughness is struggle. What makes us better and more human is attempting something, coming up short, and then trying it again.

But for women the rules seem different.

Men get the luxury of being able to specialize. Women are expected to be perfect at everything.

Am I good girlfriend? Am I a perfect mom? Am I the best athlete? Am I wearing white after Labor Day? Am I dressed in the right brands? Am I dieting right? Am I manicured, blown-out and tanned?

These little constant quests for perfection start pecking away at our attention. Perfect never leaves room for improvement. And perfect never lets us focus on what’s really out there for us to achieve.

When we worry about perfection, our bigger goals are sacrificed. We can’t look up, work hard and kick ass. But having the confidence to ignore the perfection around us can be difficult.

When I was growing up in North Dakota, before my family moved to Los Angeles, I was a tomboy. I wore jeans and a white T-shirt, but not the sexy kind. I wore it because I loved to run, jump, and play. Dresses got in the way of that.

Then we moved to L.A., where I was a complete outsider. I went to a predominantly Spanish-speaking school, and never really fit in. My confidence sank faster than I care to admit.

And like most girls, although women rarely talk about it, these feelings came to a boiling point when I stood in front of the mirror, looked at my changing body that I didn’t really recognize anymore, and cried.

I WASN’T PERFECT, AND I DIDN’T LIKE IT.
    I wasn’t perfect, and I didn’t like it.

That’s when I found judo.

When you practice judo, you have to have a partner. Suddenly the quiet girl had to talk or get thrown on her ass. That was a fast and effective lesson in confidence.

Not every move I made was perfect, but I practiced a lot. And the world didn’t end when I talked or even yelled. In fact, I got better and people started noticing.

Today I have a career built on something that saved me as a young woman. Many women aren’t afforded that opportunity.

And when I see little girls rocking their jellies and tutus in the supermarket, I think about the unapologetic confidence I used to have in my jeans and T-shirts. That’s before I started trying to be perfect, and well before I found a passion that embraced my flaws and gave me shots at redemption.

I’m not trying to inspire you take up martial arts or be anything you’re not. But there was a time in your life when you didn’t care about being perfect. Maybe you didn’t quite understand the way the world worked then, but you also didn’t care what anyone thought.

I guess what I’m trying to tell you is that you don’t need to be perfect to be valid.

Your flaws — your unsuccessful attempts at greatness or even mediocrity — are real. They make you better. And that’s beautiful because it’s never perfect.

It's your body. It's your summer. Enjoy them both. Check out more #TakeBackTheBeach here.
    Well said, Ronda.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

From the cage to the catwalk

August 9, 2016
    Ronda Rousey Shows Off Curves in Buffalo David Bitton Fall 2016 Ads

By Khanh T.L. Tran

In Buffalo David Bitton's fall 2016 ad campaign, Ronda Rousey shows off her natural side in white skinny jeans from the new Hope line.
    courtesy of Brooke Nipar/Buffalo David Bitton

Ronda Rousey is showing a different side of herself in a new fall ad campaign for Buffalo David Bitton.

The Ultimate Fighting Championship star is revealing natural beauty and a no-frills attitude in a global promotion for Buffalo’s new line called Hope. She’s also rallying her fans with a sassy message in print, digital and social media: “Hey curvy girls, meet Hope: a killer jean for killer babes…you’re welcome.”

It’s a stark contrast to her first ad campaign for the label owned by Iconix Brand Group. When the mixed martial artist embarked on her gig as Buffalo’s brand ambassador two years ago, New York-based Iconix chose to photograph her with a sexy, edgy look — usually barely clothed in the company of a shirtless male model.

For the latest images, to be released Wednesday, Iconix returned to Los Angeles, where Rousey lives a fit life in the beachy neighborhood of Venice. Photographed by Brooke Nipar, a veteran of ad shoots for Iconix’s Material Girl brand, Rousey often sat barefoot in front of the camera when she didn’t jab the air with quick punches between shots. The entire time she sported jeans in an array of clean, distressed and embellished washes from the Hope line, which integrated her suggestions for creating comfortable but flattering jeans for curvy, athletic women.

For instance, the skinny jeans she donned in her first ad campaign felt too tight around the calves. Serving as a sort of in-house fit model, she told Iconix that a lot of women who are athletes or have fuller figures can’t wear skinny styles comfortably without sensing that the denim restricted their legs. “I’m an active person,” Rousey said.

Buffalo listened, designing skinny, boot cut and straight legs with a contour waistband out of ultra-stretchy fabric blended from cotton, polyester, viscose and elastane. Now, Rousey said, “I don’t have to sacrifice comfort for looking and feeling good.”

To show consumers how exactly she stays active, Buffalo and Rousey are sponsoring a social media sweepstake that allows the winner to meet the 29-year-old athlete in her training gym in Southern California.

“She’s a very unique star,” said Vinny Nesi, a senior vice president at Iconix. “She has an appeal as much to males as to women. Obviously, the guys are fans of hers because of the sport and arena she plays in and she’s an attractive young lady. She represents a voice in the female empowerment movement.”

Rousey comes across as more than a celebrity spokesmodel for Buffalo. She also gives it an opportunity to balance the increasingly uneven ratio between its men’s and women’s sales. In the last four years, the women’s side has seen its share slip to 20 percent from 40 percent in comparison to the men’s business, Nesi said. Buffalo has taken steps to correct the discrepancy, such as opening a denim bar stocked with women’s jeans at Macy’s this year.

As proof of its devotion to the women’s market, Nesi said this campaign’s budget is “considerably bigger” than the first one that featured Rousey. He declined to disclose specific figures. The ads are set to run in magazines such as Cosmopolitan. Rousey also will be making her first appearance at Project in Las Vegas to meet with Buffalo’s retail buyers at the trade show.

“Ronda exudes confidence wherever she goes,” Nesi said. “We aggressively want to build the women’s business.”
    Again, good on Ronda.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

I don't wear jeans unless my girlfriend picks them out and sizes them for me.

I'd need to see Ronda putting those on to make sure they're not airbrushed . . . for science.
    BreakProof Back® Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

Ronda Rousey vs. Amanda Nunes in UFC 207?

UFC 207 announcement expected this week.

Does the UFC even miss Ronda Rousey?

Next month will mark one full year without Ronda Rousey fighting in a UFC octagon, and as the clock ticks on, more evidence builds that she’s not missed.

For those who forgot, Rousey concentrated too much on her developing stand-up game Nov. 14 against former world-champion boxer Holly Holm and was knocked out in the second round in Melbourne, Australia.

In her absence, which has included appearances on “Ellen” and “Saturday Night Live,” film work and little other public contact, the women’s bantamweight belt has been passed from Holm to Miesha Tate to the current champion, Brazil’s Amanda Nunes.

Those outcomes have brought more storylines, more personality, more depth to women’s MMA fighting.

Nunes, for instance, spoke eloquently of love after winning her belt in the main event of UFC 200 and becoming the first openly gay champion in combat sports.

That July event generated a UFC-record $10.7 million live gate at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.

That same card also featured the continued rise of opinionated women’s bantamweight challenger Julianna Pena, and a stirring return to the octagon by Cat Zingano.

Zingano had a compelling reason for her own extended layoff, which followed a title loss to Rousey. Her estranged husband had committed suicide and she needed to spend extended time raising her son.

Authenticity, along with her famed armbar submission skill, made Rousey who she was.

Watching the former Olympic judo bronze medalist from Venice become the best women’s mixed martial arts fighter was a fun, unscripted show to observe.

While cornering a friend’s fight years ago, Rousey delivered a memorable sneer at UFC octagon card girl Arianny Celeste as she walked past, as if in disdain for Celeste’s attention/obsession with her look.

Rousey’s realness and toughness while maintaining her femininity was the ultimate contrast, and made her a deserved role model to millions.

You wonder, now, if that Rousey, the one motivated by the not-too-distant memory of what it was like to live out of her car, would even like this version of Rousey.

And you wonder if those who cared about her for those very reasons still have the same interest now that Holm cracked the fighting code.

UFC 193: Rousey vs. Holm

Since her loss to Holm, Rousey’s seclusion act hasn’t done her any favors. In modern terms, she didn’t “take the ‘L’” very well.

And you’d think her personal handlers employed by the UFC ownership group, WME-IMG, would move on this instead of letting this perception that “Rowdy” Ronda Rousey is now “Pouty” Ronda Rousey fester.

Instead, we’re left with spin like the comments this week from UFC President Dana White, who like many around MMA is often asked when Rousey, 29, will fight again.

“By far, the biggest star ever,” White told a radio station.

The facts say differently, considering that featherweight champion Conor McGregor has posted three of the top five pay-per-views in UFC history since December, including a record 1.65 million buys for McGregor’s August triumph over Nate Diaz.

And when Rousey, whose team cited her minor knee surgery for being unable to make the UFC’s New York debut Nov. 12 at Madison Square Garden, McGregor jumped in to pursue the unprecedented feat of wearing two belts at once by fighting lightweight champion Eddie Alvarez in the main event.

Also there, in a three-title card, will be the now fiercest women’s fighter in the UFC stable, straw-weight champion Joanna Jedrzejczyk.

When The Times stopped by Rousey’s Glendale gym in late August to see if there was any activity, she had just finished a workout and stopped briefly in her luxury SUV to tell a reporter, “I’m not talking to anyone.”

Rousey’s coach, Edmond Tarverdyan, answered his phone late Tuesday afternoon and spoke in a displeased tone when asked if there was any update on Rousey’s status.

“You’ve asked [when she’ll fight] before, and made people very upset,” Tarverdyan said.

So when is it OK to check? Tarverdyan was asked.

“Wait two more months.”

On Wednesday, White was asked by The Times when Rousey will fight again, and he replied in a text message, “Soon.

“I hope.”
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Ronda Rousey

The return of Ronda.

RONDA ROUSEY SET TO RETURN AT UFC 207
    By Thomas Gerbasi October 12, 2016 UFC.com

UFC President Dana White announced Wednesday that MMA superstar Ronda Rousey will make her highly anticipated return to the Octagon on Friday, December 30 when she attempts to regain the UFC women’s bantamweight crown from champion Amanda Nunes in the main event of UFC 207.

The bout will air live on Pay-Per-View from T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.

How will Ronda fare in return? We break down Nunes vs Rousey

The longest reigning UFC champion in women’s MMA history, the 29-year-old Rousey held the 135-pound crown for three years from November of 2012 to November of 2015. During that time, the 2008 Olympic bronze medalist in judo went from dominant submission specialist to knockout artist and worldwide superstar, appearing on the cover of Sports Illustrated and ESPN the Magazine while winning six of her seven Octagon bouts, all by knockout or submission, with four of those victories ending in 66 seconds or less. At UFC 193 in Melbourne, Australia, Rousey lost her title to Holly Holm, but on December 30, “Rowdy” Ronda is back and ready to reclaim her belt.

Looking to add another signature win to her record while continuing her reign as UFC women’s bantamweight champion, Brazil’s Nunes is perhaps the only fighter capable of claiming the same ferocious finishing game as that owned by Rousey. Owner of a 6-1 UFC record, the 28-year-old “Lioness” has finished five of those wins, with the most spectacular being a first round submission victory over Miesha Tate at UFC 200 in July that earned her the world bantamweight title. Now Nunes wants to end the comeback of Rousey and move on to cement her legacy as one of the greats of the game.

Stay tuned to UFC.com for more fight card announcements and ticket on-sale dates.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Ronda on Drunk History

Drunk History

I watch this show sometimes. Got into it waiting for Trevor. I'll have to check this ep out.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips