Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Ronda Rousey

So thats it? Strikeforce is dead because White couldnt wait two years to add women to the UFC, something he swore up and down to the world not even two years ago that it would never ever ever in a million years happen? That man would eat a dick to make a dollar.

The UFC is great, its mos def the top tier, but I hate how they are cannibalizing every other league that is worth watching. Without strikeforce, that pretty kills pro alternatives in the US. Theres still Bellator I guess. And some of the minor leagues are ok but they arent usually run very well.

The tradeoff sucks, anyone who does well in the mma promotion game ends up selling out and the rest cant organize an event very well and end up looking like what they are. Nobody.

I wonder what her contract is like compared to her male counterparts?

She's on the ground floor running, so she will likely be Dana's female Liddell, her financial future is likely solid.

Assuming she does well.

Sorry.... what?

Still trippin on this.
    Quote Originally Posted by MightyB View Post
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by Napitenkah View Post
    She's on the ground floor running, so she will likely be Dana's female Liddell, her financial future is likely solid.

Assuming she does well.
    Yeah but theres just no way she'll make the kind of money the long term champs are making, like silva and st pierre. I wondr if she does better than ben henderson.

Funny you should mention them. Because Silva and GSP are two of the very few UFC fighters that are close to being actual Martial artists.

There are few MMA fighters that are proficient in martial arts and think and act like martial artists.

Not that a martial artists is a singular idea, or that they all would be clones of each other, but there are certain attributes.

Both of them don't talk ****, and if you talk **** about them, they take it as disrespecting them.

But they won't do anything until the right time.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    Still trippin on this.
    This is why you need to score an interview with her. Not only could you ask the probing questions that are on all of our forum-ers' minds, but you could also work her over with that special Gene Ching charm®. Who knows, maybe you could help her train.

I'm on it, MightyB

This is why you need to score an interview with her. Not only could you ask the probing questions that are on all of our forum-ers' minds, but you could also work her over with that special Gene Ching charm®. Who knows, maybe you could help her train.
    First, I am married. Second, Ronda would break me. Third, the special Gene Ching charm® just ain't what it used to be.

That being said, I'm on it, MightyB. Some one has to take one for the forum.

Um...who is she dating now?
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Still trippin on this.
    Wouldn't trip too much dude.
    Someone knows what sells, know what I mean?
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Um...who is she dating now?
    Not sure, her last boyfriend was a Rickson Gracie Black Belt by the name of Henry Akins...

Why the F*** do I know this stuff?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ronda-Rousey...item337edb6d1e

MMA Marketplace: Bid on sports bras from the best female fighters for a good cause
    Do you want to own your favorite fighter's sports bra without committing a felony and support a worthy cause? Good news. Some of your favorite female fighters are auctioning off signed sports bras and rash guards to help fight breast cancer.

Ronda Rousey, Felice Herrig, Liz Carmouche and Julie Kedize are among the fighters who have handed over their sports bras for an eBay auction. Rosie Sexton gave her top and shorts. Proceeds will go to Keep A Breast, a nonprofit organization dedicated to eradicating breast cancer for future generations.

As of this writing, UFC women's bantamweight champion Rousey has the highest bid. It's going for $340, plus shipping. The bra that belonged to Bec Hyatt, who will fight for Invicta's straw weight title on Saturday, is up to $330. Check it out, and help a good cause.

Still trippin on this.
    Its simple she knows sex sells so she tries to be flirty or say inciting things in interveiws to try and get more and more attention. Her opponent Liz "Girl-rilla" Carmouche did an invterview and said the same thing and made a joke about how much her girlfriend loves fight night.

I am looking forward to their fight but I am worried what the state of women's MMA will be if Ronda looses. Right now it looks like that if Ronda looses that Dana will just be sitting their looking like a dope with his thumb up his butt. This fight is abit to build around Ronda for my tastes. (Note that as a judoka I am a huge fan of hers, but I also enjoy other fighters and I don't want to see womens mma completely fade out.)

Sex does sell but you cannot ignore the fact that Ronda Rousey is really good at Judo and has shown better than any competitor to date how well Judo translates to MMA and how exciting it can be as a fighting art. Right now IMO she's one of the most exciting fighters in MMA regardless of gender yet she still has trouble selling out a UFC event.

Perhaps 'trippin' was a poor choice of words.

Perhaps 'fantasizing' would have been more accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Judokarl View Post
    Dana will just be sitting their looking like a dope with his thumb up his butt.
    Yea, either way, he'll be laughing all the way to the bank.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Sex does sell but you cannot ignore the fact that Ronda Rousey is really good at Judo and has shown better than any competitor to date how well Judo translates to MMA and how exciting it can be as a fighting art. Right now IMO she's one of the most exciting fighters in MMA regardless of gender yet she still has trouble selling out a UFC event.
    Oh no doubt he judo is amazing. I am still mistified by her work, shes like a female Parisan without the drug problems. I blame the lack of selling on her not smack talking on this one. I get that she feels the first female fight in the UFC should be enough to sell it self and that she doesn't want to spoil it with the usual theatrics but it would help it sell better if the talked half the amount of smack she does with Cyborg.