Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Ronda Rousey

Quote Originally Posted by MightyB View Post
    This is too funny.
    Bwahahahaha !
    "The true meaning of a given movement in a form is not its application, but rather the unlimited potential of the mind to provide muscular and skeletal support for that movement." Gregory Fong

Time to go to the pay per view party!

Time to go to the pay per view party!
    I want to come!
    Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    This is 100% TCMA principle. It may be used in non-TCMA also. Since I did learn it from TCMA, I have to say it's TCMA principle.
    Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    We should not use "TCMA is more than combat" as excuse for not "evolving".

You can have Kung Fu in cooking, it really has nothing to do with fighting!

Awesome fight. Liz almost had her with a massive neck crank. The armbar prevailed in the end.

I think we almost saw boob twice. The pics will be all over the internet tomorrow.

This won't last the day.

Osu!

It's even better the 2nd time I watch. Man it was close.

Good fight.

Boobwatch Engaged.

Two very motivated fighters, great skills.

*misogyny sandwich*
    BreakProof Back® Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

much rather watch 2 chicks roll around on each other than 2 guys. hope dana white keeps the women in the ufc!!!!

http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/the_ma...#axzz2LvrOwyA0

The UFC could not have written the script any better.

The organization’s first try at promoting women’s MMA – and on a huge stage – was a rousing success. Or should I say a Rousey success?

Ronda Rousey continued her rise to mainstream stardom at UFC 157 by submitting Liz Carmouche with her trademark armbar at 4:49 of the first round to retain her UFC women’s bantamweight title at the Honda Center in Anaheim. The beautiful blonde simply winning would have been fine. But she showed toughness and resolve in an action-packed fight. It was the longest fight of a career that has featured five fights finished in less than a minute.

Carmouche jumped on her back and threatened with a rear naked choke and a neck crank. Rousey kept her poise and shook Carmouche off despite nearly losing her mouth piece attempting to get free of the submission hold.

“I was more concerned with my sports bra staying on while she was choking me because I felt safe and in control,” Rousey said on the Fuel TV post-fight show. “She squeezed across my face and my mouth, and she almost forced my mouth guard out. I didn’t try to bite her. She put her hand in my mouth. Sorry.”

Carmouche fell to the canvas and Rousey adjusted her top, seemingly saying, “OK, it’s my turn now.” The champion pounced and got into side position, controlling Carmouche’s head and arms. Rousey hammered Carmouche with punch after punch until Carmouche’s forehead turned beat red.

When the moment was right, Rousey swung her hips around and got a hold of Carmouche’s arm. Carmouche fought it better than anyone else has, but with 11 seconds left Rousey torqued the limb and Carmouche was forced to tap. You could see the ligaments in her arm contorting as Rousey pulled on it.

“I knew she was tough and I was expecting to go five rounds,” Rousey said. “Ten seconds difference and it could have gone a different way and we would have been in round two. Much respect to her.”

Rousey won and stayed undefeated at 7-0 with every victory coming inside of one round via armbar. Carmouche looked tough as nails. The first women’s fight in UFC history was a classic. A rematch would be easily marketable.

Nothing is ever perfect, not in this sport and not in real life. But this is exactly what the UFC could have hoped for. This proved that women’s MMA has legs. There’s serious growth potential and the risk the UFC took by putting two women in the main event of a pay per view was well rewarded.

What I really like is how much of a fight the women put on versus most of the guys on the card. They wanted to be their, competing, to see who was better. A lot of the other fighters looked to me like they thought they were on a reality show.
    BreakProof Back® Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

and this is why you dont use the head and arm in a gi less enviroment, you get your back taken lol

Two things about ronda: she has a great arm bar, and needs a better stand up coach

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    and this is why you dont use the head and arm in a gi less enviroment, you get your back taken lol

Two things about ronda: she has a great arm bar, and needs a better stand up coach
    Go big or go home. That's the essence of Judo.

Quote Originally Posted by 18elders View Post
    much rather watch 2 chicks roll around on each other than 2 guys. hope dana white keeps the women in the ufc!!!!
    Ya, cat fight., better than dog fight.

Go big or go home. That's the essence of Judo.
    Yep but it wasnt a judo match

anyone ever think we'll see a Rousey v. Cyborg match up?

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    Yep but it wasnt a judo match
    It wasn't the head an arm toss, if you watch the vid link I posted you'll see that she ended up actually finishing the toss and landed with Liz in a kesa gatame. This is where she screwed up. Liz was incredibly strong and broke the kesa and took her back. Luckily Ronda's tougher. But, if you watch further, after she got Liz off her back and that initial bit of stand up, she went right back to the kesa hold down. It looked like in both instances she was trying to figure 4 Liz's arm. This is where she was over-relying on Judo. Kesa is a great Judo hold down, not so much for BJJ or MMA because there's too much opportunity to escape, which Liz almost did while Ronda was f*cking around trying to establish the figure 4. Watch further and maybe the coach yelled at her, or the Ceaser Gracie training kicked in because you definitely see a light go off in her mind. Because she transitioned from Kesa to side, then to full mount. She got her position and hit the arm lock. The Kesa to Side to mount is pretty standard BJJ.

So to reiterate, it wasn't the takedown, Ronda's bad @ss, and Judo's the strongest. Osu!
    Last edited by MightyB; 02-27-2013 at 06:47 AM.