Thread: Hardest hitting WC guy youve seen

Hardest hitting WC guy youve seen

Hi All
    Theres been a heap of discussion about mechanics, inch power etc and id be interested to hear from everyone here who is the hardest hitting WC guy/girl they have seen

GlennR

True story from Detroit

I don’t know if this counts for anything, but I’ve hit this guy with an ‘wong jeong’ (sideward palm), while spreading my energies in two different directions from the hips downward dealing with the legs and feet , and from the waist outward dealing with the trunk and upper extremities.

I’d hit him just below the earlobe and right on the jaw line, which made him go blind (optical nerve) for three to five minutes, but not intentionally. This guy literally went airborne (about 3 feet) and the back of his head, elbows and buttocks stuck in the dry wall just behind him.

Man, he stayed there for about four seconds before he slid down to the floor screaming that he couldn’t see; it scared me to death, I was afraid that I’ve almost killed him. I believe a lot of that force came from the pivot while delivering the strike with my right palm, because I noticed him setting up behind my left shoulder.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennR View Post
    Hi All
    Theres been a heap of discussion about mechanics, inch power etc and id be interested to hear from everyone here who is the hardest hitting WC guy/girl they have seen

GlennR
    How's this thread working out for you dude?
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    How's this thread working out for you dude?
    Youre right......what was i thinking

Imagine asking this forum about the result of somebodies training, in this case how hard they can hit using the WC punch/mechanics.

What i should have asked is "Who do you think has the best understanding of the WC punch in regards to structure etc etc" and it would have gone into a 12 page rant about emei snake, flag waving, mainland v HK lineage, 50/50 v 0/100 weighting, horizontal fist v vertical fist, sparring v non-sparring.... blah blah blah blah

FWIW, hardest guy ive seen hit would be Beau Boaziad here in sydney and one guy i haven't seen (but know plenty of guys who can vouch for him) is Barry Lee.

Victor Kan one of the heavyweights of VT

Quote Originally Posted by GlennR View Post
    FWIW, hardest guy ive seen hit would be Beau Boaziad here in sydney and one guy i haven't seen (but know plenty of guys who can vouch for him) is Barry Lee.
    In that case, sense none of us count; I’ve seen Berry get dealt with by Eddie Chong on many of occasions; complete blow out, far as heavy handed and with crazy power. My vote goes to Eddie Chong he’s much, much more devastating then Berry.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali. R View Post
    In that case, sense none of us count; I’ve seen Berry get dealt with by Eddie Chong on many of occasions; complete blow out, far as heavy handed and with crazy power. My vote goes to Eddie Chong he’s much, much more devastating then Berry.
    The Barry lee I'm talking about is from Australia and now in Germany, and though his name is Chinese he is Caucasian...... I'm thinking you have a different guy

Quote Originally Posted by k gledhill View Post
    Victor Kan one of the heavyweights of VT
    Thanks Kevin , what do you put it down to?

Rick Spain can hit pretty **** hard.

David Crook, a student of William Cheung in the 60's and former goju karateka, probably hit the hardest for his weight I've seen. He could break 8 untreated roof tiles with a backfist, etc.

I heard David tell me he saw Morio Higaonna kick a hole through a 44 gallon drum when the scheduled breaking material for the latter's demo failed to arrive, so it's all relative.

There are ways to objectively measure punching power, but I suspect any arguments will come down to the "my Sifu can lick your Sifu" schtick.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

hardest punch I've ever seen was from a senior kung fu brother of my sifu's, in HK. He was chi sauing with a guy from Australia/ New zealand (sorry I know its bad and no offence meant but I can't separate the accents) who was being a right **** and getting really agro. Suddenly there was a burst of activity a loud crack - and I mean really loud!, and the guy was out cold. He went down vertically, literally he went up onto his toes maybe an inch as the shot hit and then went straight down as his legs just did a weird jelly thing. He was carried to off to hospital, don't know how badly hurt he was but I never heard any more so he obviously recovered, from the sound though I put money on bones broken.
    Same kung fu uncle did a demo a fair few years back at a public gathering (which I report anecdotally as I wasn't there). At the end of the gathering everyone who had demoed was asked to go onto stage and break a melon. Everyone smashed it to pieces except this guy. He hit the melon from contact and it just rolled a couple of inches across the table. Everyone in the audience did that drawing in of breath when they think someone has ballsed up. He called for a knife and as they sliced the melon the entire inside was literally water, the outside just had three little knuckle marks.
    A clever man learns from his mistakes but a truly wise man learns from the mistakes of others.

Wing Chun kung fu in Redditch
    Worcestershire Wing Chun Kuen on facebook