Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chiang Po View Post
Weaponizing your hands is no longer a necessity. Back when knives and fists were the technology of that day it would have required such things in order to be able to do his job. Usually fighting or some such. You will never need hands that can crush and kill from a blow to the head or body. However, what you do can be enhanced somewhat by strengthening yourself. No matter how much skill you might have, being strong with it will make you even better. A good exercise regimen, light weight lifting with lots of reps, maybe some bag work to help you develop proper alignment and strengthen the hand and most importantly the wrists. And of course you need a decent diet. You need that in any event to be healthy.
I have a total gym like Chuck Norris uses, a few dumb bells, and I eat well. When I was younger, I weaponized my hands and now I have great difficulty with them at times. On closer look one can easily see that they are deformed and have little dexterity left in them. I feel pain in them each and every day.
I think you did the process incorrectly. I've been practicing iron palm since about '95 or so on a regular basis. I regularly work with heavy bag, and ip bag on concrete.

I also play guitar and paint regularly. I have developed the hand to the point where it's serviceable and I do not suffer at all from this training.

Were you not gradual enough? Did you too hard too fast? If your hands are bothering you from conditioning them, then I am afraid you did not use any shaolin method and may be suffering because you didn't gradually and progressively work the skill?

You can still correct this though and re soften your hands again. heated soaks, pickle juice soaks, and ddj soaks overtime will bring your hands to much better state if you are suffering pain.