Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mooyingmantis needs your support

Best Wishes for Richard for a speedy and sound recovery!

Friends, it is very heart-warming to hear your well-wishes!

This hit us out of the blue. Though diabetes and heart disease runs in both sides of my family, I had no idea that the main artery that fed my heart was 99% closed.

I Had been training much more vigorously in anticipation of my trip to China in June.

It was then that I started experiencing minor chest pain. LOoking at how severely damaged my heart was before bypass surgery, I see now that I may not have survived the trip.

So, now it back to more healthy eating habits and several months of physical recovery.

Thank you for being there!

And thanks especially to Gino! As a student, friend and kung fu brother, he has alwaya represented the best values practiced by kung fu men around the world!
    Richard A. Tolson
    https://www.patreon.com/mantismastersacademy

There are two types of Chinese martial artists. Those who can fight and those who should be teaching dance or yoga!

53 years of training, 43 years of teaching and still aiming for perfection!

Recovering Forms Junkie! Even my twelve step program has four roads!

Great to see you're doing ok. All about being patient now. Too bad about your China trip... Rest hard.

Quote Originally Posted by mooyingmantis View Post

This hit us out of the blue. Though diabetes and heart disease runs in both sides of my family, I had no idea that the main artery that fed my heart was 99% closed.

I Had been training much more vigorously in anticipation of my trip to China in June.

It was then that I started experiencing minor chest pain. LOoking at how severely damaged my heart was before bypass surgery, I see now that I may not have survived the trip.

So, now it back to more healthy eating habits and several months of physical recovery.

And thanks especially to Gino! As a student, friend and kung fu brother, he has alwaya represented the best values practiced by kung fu men around the world!
    Several people in my life have had heart surgury recently. Some had a family history of heart disease and some it hit them out of the blue (no family history, no bad eating habits etc). It a serious issue for me since I will be 50 this coming January and heart disease runs in my family.

Bad eating habits / poor eating choices make us more prone to plaque / platelet build up even though we may be exercising and doing kung fu etc.

Hang in there Richard, fewer jelly doughnuts and more brocoli. Take my advise and try not to eat to much of that hospitol food.... it'ill kill ya! Recently my father had 2 Heart attacks, Mom had 1, wife Anita had 3 kids in the last 5 years so I have eaten a lot of hospitol food recently. Stuff is worse than eating at Burger King everyday for lunch.

ginosifu

Quote Originally Posted by mooyingmantis View Post

Glad to hear everything went well and prayers for a speedy recovery.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    Glad everything went well! My dad had quad bypass 15 years ago. Did wonders for him. Here's to your continued recovery!
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"