Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flu pandemic 2013

Flu pandemic 2013

Hey guys, any of you sick yet? What have you been doing to prevent illness/recover just curious. As for me
    -echinacea and goldenseal pills about 3 times a day
    -washing my hands
    -eating fruits and veggies
    -taking my vitamins
    -a shot of this every once and awhile http://www.puritan.com/sea-buckthorn...ckthorn-071256

Family members are sick so I've been wearing a surgical mask around the house and running my air filter in my room with the door shut.

My wife and kid both got the fever+respiratory version of the flu that's going around this year after we visited London. They've both got a lingering cough 10 days later. I've been expecting to come down with it the whole time, but looks like I got lucky.

They mostly recovered by sleeping all day during the fever and taking it easy.

Vitamin C
    and Zinc works for me.

I got a flu shot yesterday

It hasn't quite hit CA like the rest of the US yet, but it seems inevitable.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

I have had more people tell me they got sick after getting the flu shot.

Ill pass on anything that contains mercury and other crap that is not worth putting in your body.

Stop listening to the media and the fear mongering.

Wash your hands
    Drink enough fluids
    sleep
    eat

if you want something to boost your immune system I have a decent tea thats two herbs. Gynostemma and honey fried licorice. Not to expensive and you can drink it long term for overall immune boosting. It is known as the longevity herb.

Let me know how I can be of service.
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    It hasn't quite hit CA like the rest of the US yet, but it seems inevitable.
    Blech I dislike flu shots, they're not even that effective to begin with. And I've heard about the stuff they put in them is bad. Got any other stuff Dale?

I have other herbal pills that are good if you are in the middle of the flu and are full of gunk and feel like crap.

Yin Qiao San is good.
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Dugas View Post
    if you want something to boost your immune system I have a decent tea thats two herbs. Gynostemma and honey fried licorice. Not to expensive and you can drink it long term for overall immune boosting. It is known as the longevity herb.

Let me know how I can be of service.
    Do you have a link?

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Dugas View Post
    I have other herbal pills that are good if you are in the middle of the flu and are full of gunk and feel like crap.

Yin Qiao San is good.
    You should just make a flu remedy section for your site, makes it a lot easier :P

My job puts me around sick people everyday and (knock on wood) I haven't had a cold or flu in years. I don't believe in the flu shot.

I am a firm believer that stress lowers your immune system.

two of my three children are immune suppressed due to the medications they are on to help their arthritis and other autoimmune issues. That is another factor as to why I will never get a flu shot, active or inactive formula. The stuff is just bad, I know more people that have gotten sick from the shot then it has helped.

I know, right?

This was actually my first flu shot. With all the news on the flu this year, I figured I'd give it a shot (pun intended). It was free through my medical.

If I get the flu from it, I'll let y'all know.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

I've been sick for a week and a half. Twice I felt like I was better for the day and then the next I felt worse than before. I've been taking zing, vitamin C, astralagus (sp?), and Cold FX. I think it's finally clearing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ali. R View Post
    I’ve sent a lot of overzealous men down to their knees with that... watch the wonderful reaction/whimper you’ll get from that person.

The ‘ginger fist’ really works.

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
    I've been sick for a week and a half. Twice I felt like I was better for the day and then the next I felt worse than before. I've been taking zing, vitamin C, astralagus (sp?), and Cold FX. I think it's finally clearing.
    Jeez that sucks, just usual symptoms?

It's been weird. Started with a migrane. Migrane went away. Felt fine for a day. On to Sore throat progressing for about three days of runny nose and general exhaustion. one day of feeling fine. Sneezing and coughing for two days. One day of very dry sinuses and eyes. One day feeling fine. Back to general exhaustion today.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ali. R View Post
    I’ve sent a lot of overzealous men down to their knees with that... watch the wonderful reaction/whimper you’ll get from that person.

The ‘ginger fist’ really works.