Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Secret true Wing Chun...

Secret true Wing Chun...

I have yet to watch this all the way through as it's literally just gone up on Youtube, but I found it very interesting indeed. May not be great for us Wing Chun guys who want unity rather than division, but hey we can't have it all...

Let me know your first impressions
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQHsgR_yYv0&sns=fb
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

Quote Originally Posted by LoneTiger108 View Post
    I have yet to watch this all the way through as it's literally just gone up on Youtube, but I found it very interesting indeed. May not be great for us Wing Chun guys who want unity rather than division, but hey we can't have it all...

My impressions are its a guy pumping the YKS lineage..... you did watch the credits didnt you??

Quote Originally Posted by GlennR View Post
    you did watch the credits didnt you??
    I just have and see exactly what you mean... I didn't realize this was a piece of YKS propaganda.
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

There is only ONE secret to WC and it is the same secret used by IP Man and WSL and so many others, this is the secret to making your WC effective in a fight ( just as they did) and this is the secret to making WC YOUR WC ( just as they did).
    You ready for it?

READY ??

Are you sure you are ready ??
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Good vid but....

Subtitles weren't accurate in the crucial section.

Around 7:25.

The subtitles that state that "YKS took informal students: Yip Man, Wong Jing and Leung Ou for less than 2 years" were completely NOT what he said. He wasn't as blatant as all that.

Some people who are from a Yip Man lineage may take offence to the statement YM was somehow not given a full WC education but he actually didn't mention YM in that section of the video. That was just inserted in by whoever did the subtitles.

Laughable really since anyone who understands Cantonese can tell the subtitles diverged from the speech.

You have to separate the wheat from the chaff.

It was implied earlier on that the 3 forms and chi sao that are commonly associated with Yip Man came from YKS. YKS invented choreography of the 3 forms which is why the Yuen Chai Wan WC has much more forms and weapons as are other mainland styles. Only those who learnt from YKS would have so many similarities.

YKS invented choreography of the 3 forms which is why the Yuen Chai Wan WC has much more forms and weapons as are other mainland styles. Only those who learnt from YKS would have so many similarities.-------

Not true for yks.

Take a look at the snake crane WCK lineage of 1870. They have document of 1870 and they did three sets.

The one long set is belong to 1850 red boat era.

Blog Entries

thanks for posting this! a few years ago there was some footage of Pang Chao on youtube. Does anyone know where to find it? if there there are any other Pang Chao videos on youtube?

Whatever.

I'm just explaining what the video said.

I can't see anything from 1870. Most people haven't got 1970 straight frankly.

Quote Originally Posted by Edmund View Post
    Whatever.

I'm just explaining what the video said.

I can't see anything from 1870. Most people haven't got 1970 straight frankly.
    That is why we must not spread more rumors to cause more confusion.

I wouldn't like to be singled out for spreading rumours because this clip was not put up on Youtube by myself I am simply sharing what I find.

Even your own research Hendrik is cool, but talking of 1870 era without sharing the full evidence is also no good for anyone either to be honest.

Edmund is right. 1970 WCK still has some explaining to do!!
    Last edited by LoneTiger108; 05-03-2012 at 07:46 AM.
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

I wouldn't like to be singled out for spreading rumours because this clip was not put up on Youtube by myself I am simply sharing what I find.

Even your own research Hendrik is cool, but talking of 1870 era without sharing the full evidence is also no good for anyone either to be honest.

Edmund is right. 1970 WCK still has some explaining to do!!

Did it pointing at you are I say "we"?

As for 1870,

You must be absent minded.

It is in this forum, Wayne of the snake crane WCK lineage share his ancestor 's 1870 writing copy cover page. Anyone can get access .

Snake crane is a sister lineage of yks. And they do three sets.

YKS family propaganda or not, Sum Nun propaganda or not, wrong subtitles or not, anti Ip Man or not-
    does not matter- best to just watch- a different take.

joy chaudhuri

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    There is only ONE secret to WC and it is the same secret used by IP Man and WSL and so many others, this is the secret to making your WC effective in a fight ( just as they did) and this is the secret to making WC YOUR WC ( just as they did).
    You ready for it?

READY ??

Are you sure you are ready ??
    No! Wait.... hold on a second...

Quote Originally Posted by WingChunABQ View Post
    No! Wait.... hold on a second...
    Let me know when you're ready * mediates for world peace*
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    Dr. Leung Jan aka Sifu John Crescione, said it best..long, long ago, when I asked him about YKS and Pa Fa Lien WC, Traditional, non-traditional, etc.

"There are only two kinds of Wing Chun. Good Wing Chun, and Bad Wing Chun."
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.