Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Secret true Wing Chun...

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    Dr. Leung Jan aka Sifu John Crescione, said it best..long, long ago, when I asked him about YKS and Pa Fa Lien WC, Traditional, non-traditional, etc.

"There are only two kinds of Wing Chun. Good Wing Chun, and Bad Wing Chun."
    Well, that's just crazy talk !!
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Let me know when you're ready * mediates for world peace*
    I... well...

okay, NOW!

Quote Originally Posted by WingChunABQ View Post
    I... well...

okay, NOW!
    Here you go *is attacked by snake engine WC ninjas *

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    here you go *is attacked by snake engine wc ninjas *
    noooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the daughter of Sum Nun was living in my city in France.
    her husband from cambodia, when living in china learned WC from his father in law

this wing chun doesnt use the same know how that leung bik teached to yip man

it is far more rudimentary and more physical
    we see this for example with their posture ,and the position of the tan sao hand

leung chan who was very smart and educated adapted a modified version to

the physic of sha wah son who was tall with strong arms

and when he retired to kulo to the people of this village who were physical workers not really educated

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    As for 1870,

You must be absent minded.
    Maybe so, especially when I'm at work!

It is in this forum, Wayne of the snake crane WCK lineage share his ancestor 's 1870 writing copy cover page. Anyone can get access .

Snake crane is a sister lineage of yks. And they do three sets.
    I know about Wayne Hendrik and what he has claimed with regards to his Snake Crane Wing Chun, but what I am asking for is actual evidence not someones personal research because we all have our own, y'know?

And considering what others have said about the subtitles being incorrect, and in effect laying claims about Ip Man that were not mentioned really does nothing to inspire confidence in anything this guy said then or now. Not for me anyway, but I will check it our for myself now I am home...
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

Quote Originally Posted by MOSHE View Post
    the daughter of Sum Nun was living in my city in France.
    her husband from cambodia, when living in china learned WC from his father in law
    Just to offer another viewpoint here, My Sifu has plenty of daughters who have all had boyfriends and a husband who once took part and learnt Wing Chun for a while, only because of the connection.

He taught them basics but it all came to nothing. It simply doesn't work that way. He also taught all his daughters for yrears and years and it still means nothing because ultimately they too are not Martial Artists. They simply couldn't take it.

Bloodline is a convenience. That's all.
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

Quote Originally Posted by LoneTiger108 View Post
    Maybe so, especially when I'm at work!

I know about Wayne Hendrik and what he has claimed with regards to his Snake Crane Wing Chun, but what I am asking for is actual evidence not someones personal research because we all have our own, y'know?

And considering what others have said about the subtitles being incorrect, and in effect laying claims about Ip Man that were not mentioned really does nothing to inspire confidence in anything this guy said then or now. Not for me anyway, but I will check it our for myself now I am home...

Wayne, is from the Lo family. Lo is since 1860. Lo has preserve the book written in 1870 for past four generation as it is. They have released the cover page of that book.

To be honest, when these people says they are researching. They are just beings humble. They have inherit the solid teaching but just to give face to today's his story making people to not lost face.

As I said before, just look at the first two section of the slt one does it will have enough signature to tell what it is .
    Last edited by Hendrik; 05-03-2012 at 12:17 PM.

People have been making WC work for them where it counts ( in fights) for a very long time WITHOUT any "book" or "secrets" but with hard work and doing something that is sorely lacking in a few posters here: FIGHTING.
    Some people need to stop standing on the shoulders of those that came before them, they need to stop nutriding and get into action.

That is why we must not spread more rumors to cause more confusion.
    You misunderstand what I'm saying.

Your 1870 WC is probably not from 1870.

It's just wishful thinking. Some guy who says his art or his book is from 1870.

Many styles of kung fu share similar terms, postures, sequences, moves and theories with WC. It doesn't mean anything on its own.

Who learnt from whom. That's lineage. Sort that out first.
    That is what's talked about on the video when you sort the wheat from the chaff.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneTiger108 View Post
    Just to offer another viewpoint here, My Sifu has plenty of daughters who have all had boyfriends and a husband who once took part and learnt Wing Chun for a while, only because of the connection.

He taught them basics but it all came to nothing. It simply doesn't work that way. He also taught all his daughters for yrears and years and it still means nothing because ultimately they too are not Martial Artists. They simply couldn't take it.

Bloodline is a convenience. That's all.
    I know that and I will not add names but in this case I have every thing in hands to certify what I wrote, I didn't just knew them
    Last edited by MOSHE; 05-05-2012 at 10:51 AM.

I couldn't give a monkeys who taught who and who was whose favourite student, longest serving washer woman or anything else. What I've been taught works (for me, my sifu and for several of my kung fu brothers) and that's all that matters. If folks from other alledged lineages can show me different stuff that helps make my Wing Chun better whether its training methods, techniques, ways of moving, internal stuff or philosophy I'm all ears (and I can proudly say that I've incorporated drills that have been posted by several posters) but all I ever see in clips like this is either old guys in tacky shops making grand claims about lineage or clips of people doing stuff that looks quite frankly crap (and I don't mean it doesn't look pretty I mean it looks like it would get you hurt). If Ip Man only learnt a bit of the system, only trained for a tiny period of time and was an opium addict as well then fair play to him because what he passed on to his students was pretty good.
    A clever man learns from his mistakes but a truly wise man learns from the mistakes of others.

Wing Chun kung fu in Redditch
    Worcestershire Wing Chun Kuen on facebook

Quote Originally Posted by MOSHE View Post
    I know that and I will not add names but is this case I have every thing in hands to certify what I wrote, I didn't just knew them
    It's fine MOSHE I'm not asking for you to reveal the who's who of Sum Nung WCK, I was just offering my own experience of 'blood' family teaching and it's pitfalls. I think it's great that some older lineages have kept books from their origins, but I also guess this is the big question: What origins exactly?? Ip Ching has Leung Jans original book too, but do you think it matters when he can not understand Medicinal poetry? Perhaps he can, but I see no evidence of this being taught to anyone outside HK.

Quote Originally Posted by wingchunIan View Post
    I couldn't give a monkeys who taught who and who was whose favourite student, longest serving washer woman or anything else.
    This is the right attitude to have IMHHO. Don't get me wrong, I have a lassive respecys for the fforts of our Wing Chun ancestors, but for the present time, just do what you can do yourself and don't fall into the 'he said she said' crap!

Quote Originally Posted by wingchunIan View Post
    ... but all I ever see in clips like this is either old guys in tacky shops making grand claims about lineage or clips of people doing stuff that looks quite frankly crap (and I don't mean it doesn't look pretty I mean it looks like it would get you hurt).
    I understand the frustration believe me, but I do appreciate the work that certain people have put into researching our system. I only wish they could also be a little more responsible for the stories that they promote, because as I think we all agree, we can do without more stories.
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

History, traditions, politics are all parts of WC, should be recorded in books for future reference.

You don't win fights with future reference.
    Dr. J Fung
    www.kulowingchun.com

"打得好就詠春,打得唔好就dum春"

Quote Originally Posted by imperialtaichi View Post
    History, traditions, politics are all parts of WC, should be recorded in books for future reference.

You don't win fights with future reference.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    True. IMO three things are important in developing a wing chun approach- a knowledgeable teacher,
    good practice and experience.

joy chaudhuri