Thread: full contact event in foshan

full contact event in foshan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEH3k...yer_embedded#!

personally loved the ful contact chi sao, start with hands touching then just lamp each other with punches not too much sticking involved

nice to see them going full contact but doesn't look to different to any other full contact fighting ive seen

Mainly sanda fighters using yip man as a name

Quote Originally Posted by k gledhill View Post
    Mainly sanda fighters using yip man as a name
    Seems likw you're saying that the associations and federations represented there are not legit WC groups, is that what your saying?
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEH3k...yer_embedded#!

personally loved the ful contact chi sao, start with hands touching then just lamp each other with punches not too much sticking involved

nice to see them going full contact but doesn't look to different to any other full contact fighting ive seen
    Has this replaced Kevs 'Humour' thread because I found this one of the funniest things I have seen this year! And you have to wait 26mins before you see these guys rolling...

A very good reason to just compete in Sanda rather than try to have any Wing Chun at all.

If thsi is the way forward for the mainland promotions of Wing Chun then I can't support that mess at all. But I know many who would, so each to their own!
    Last edited by LoneTiger108; 05-04-2012 at 11:24 AM.
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

Time for you guys to show them how its done !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Seems likw you're saying that the associations and federations represented there are not legit WC groups, is that what your saying?
    A friend of mine was there, he said the ring fights where mainly sanda fight5ers, the chi-sao comp. is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by k gledhill View Post
    A friend of mine was there, he said the ring fights where mainly sanda fight5ers, the chi-sao comp. is ridiculous.
    I think the video mentions that it was sanda vS WC.
    But that's not what I asked you.
    Aren't those organization mentioned: Chinese, Russian, Malaysian, legit?

Quote Originally Posted by LoneTiger108 View Post
    Has this replaced Kevs 'Humour' thread because I found this one of the funniest things I have seen this year! And you have to wait 26mins before you see these guys rolling...

A very good reason to just compete in Sanda rather than try to have any Wing Chun at all.

If thsi is the way forward for the mainland promotions of Wing Chun then I can't support that mess at all. But I know many who would, so each to their own!
    the way forward is a mess...what you mean like actually gloving up and fighting alongside doing the forms?
    would it be better if they have butterfly knife drawing comps?
    Last edited by Frost; 05-04-2012 at 12:44 PM.

It can be a bit confusing at times, I admit it.
    When one sees an unrealistic drill that looks very much like WC, one is told that it is simply a drill so one shouldn't be critical that it isn't realistic.
    Yet when one sees WC being used for real ie: against an opponent that is fighting back, one is told that is not "real WC".
    One must assume that "REAL" WC looks JUST like the drills BUT while being applied to a fighting opponent.
    Unfortunately there is no evidence of that since any time one sees WC in ACTION, either on video or in "real life" it tends to look JUST LIKE those fights that don't show the "real WC".
    It is a tad confusing I must admit.
    I shall mediate on this apparent paradox !

When one sees an unrealistic drill that looks very much like WC, one is told that it is simply a drill so one shouldn't be critical that it isn't realistic.
    Yet when one sees WC being used for real ie: against an opponent that is fighting back, one is told that is not "real WC".
    One must assume that "REAL" WC looks JUST like the drills BUT while being applied to a fighting opponent.
    Unfortunately there is no evidence of that since any time one sees WC in ACTION, either on video or in "real life" it tends to look JUST LIKE those fights that don't show the "real WC".
    my head hurts now

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    my head hurts now
    Lack of chi.

Lack of chi.
    kiss my chi!

i would wager that that claim that its not 'teh realz' *insert art*, are often times made by people who have only trained and sparred and never fought.

when im training my interval running it has a consistent 'look' to the training, likewise when i am racing friends under that same format, its pretty standard and obvious. yet when i put that training into use while im running from the cops, it doesnt look the same at all. yet point A still got me to point B and its all from that training.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Thought most of it was pretty pants, the best bit for me was the guy in red at about 11 minutes. He was sparring a guy much larger than himself (just because they started with poon sau doesn't make what comes next chi sau) and angled quite a few times really well. If he'd been experienced enough to actually recycle his hands instead of leaving it behind he could have opened the big fella up quite a few times. Not my cup of tea but credit where its due.
    A clever man learns from his mistakes but a truly wise man learns from the mistakes of others.

Wing Chun kung fu in Redditch
    Worcestershire Wing Chun Kuen on facebook