Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: challenge matches

challenge matches

i know probably no one has had the type in the bruce lee movie ,but has anyone had anything they would consider a challenge match? i can remember at least two time i had such an experience and thought i would share ,and also hear some others experiences.

one time when i was working as a personal training in a small gym in manhattan,on my free time i was hit the hanging bag with all sorts of combinations,elbows knees fist feet head butts hip strikes,you name it, then this one gym member a russian guy that had about 25 pounds on me starts giving me corrections. tell me he has studied street kung fu,and how deadly it is and all other styles are for show. now i hate this with a passion and swore i would get even with him the next time i saw him.

so next time i saw him same thing, i was hitting the bag and here comes mister know it all street kung fu master. so i decided to lore him into my game. so i explained to him the rules of fixed step push hands and got him to play. now i know this guy is a strong ****er cause i saw him benching the entire rack on the bench press machine. so we are playing and i am humiliating him buy pushing him around. so at one point he get frustrated and tries to start grappling with me. so we go to the ground, i mount him right away ,but way little to excited and went for a sloppy armbar.he slipped out we scrambled around and i wound up catching him in an ankle lock which made him scream then i released it. afterwards he was nice enough to lecture me on how in the street this would never work,next to his street kung fu from russia.

another time on my first trip to china ,a two week long trip of training to beijing,there was some jerk off from england that joined our group. for some reason this fool though he would act as an assistant instructor and offer corrections to other members of the group. this was a bagua ,tai chi training trip,and i was a push hands competitor at the time,so i was happy to have people to push with, but to my surprise they weren't really into it, so one morning we are waiting outside for the training doors to be open and i asked if anyone wanted to practice pushing,now he had avoided me for about a week on this except to graciously give me corrections on my forms. so he takes this as a challenge instead of friend practice,and says of come on i will push with you in a tough guy voice and attitude. so as soon as we start he grabs my jacket, against the rules of pushing hands and tries to pull me to the floor, i defend easily,does it a second time then third. all the while i defend and remain within the rules of the game and don't grab just defend. so ok we restart he makes a laugh as if he proved something from this, then we restart, i coil inside of his clinch give him a small and relaxed shoulder shove to off balance him and sweep him with an outside reap,he goes down very easily and quickly. i even tried to catch him on the way down. he lands on his way down, while on his back he tries to sweep me, i don't budge,i am standing over him,it ends there.

I've been in far more challenge matches than I care to mention.
    Don't mean much to be honest.
    If you want real competition, someone to really test your skills then find yourself a pro fighter and ask to spar.
    It will be a rude awakening for many but an invaluable experience.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by wiz cool c View Post
    now i hate this with a passion and swore i would get even with him the next time i saw him.

so i decided to lore him into my game.

i asked if anyone wanted to practice pushing,now he had avoided me for about a week on this except to graciously give me corrections on my forms. so he takes this as a challenge
    Sounds like you're the one challenging people. Did you ever think you come across as arrogant to people? Maybe that's why you end up in these situations.

street kung fu,and how deadly it is and all other styles are for show.
    In soviet Russia, judo chops you!
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

i know probably no one has had the type in the bruce lee movie ,but has anyone had anything they would consider a challenge match? i can remember at least two time i had such an experience and thought i would share ,and also hear some others experiences.

one time when i was working as a personal training in a small gym in manhattan,on my free time i was hit the hanging bag with all sorts of combinations,elbows knees fist feet head butts hip strikes,you name it, then this one gym member a russian guy that had about 25 pounds on me starts giving me corrections. tell me he has studied street kung fu,and how deadly it is and all other styles are for show. now i hate this with a passion and swore i would get even with him the next time i saw him.

so next time i saw him same thing, i was hitting the bag and here comes mister know it all street kung fu master. so i decided to lore him into my game. so i explained to him the rules of fixed step push hands and got him to play. now i know this guy is a strong ****er cause i saw him benching the entire rack on the bench press machine. so we are playing and i am humiliating him buy pushing him around. so at one point he get frustrated and tries to start grappling with me. so we go to the ground, i mount him right away ,but way little to excited and went for a sloppy armbar.he slipped out we scrambled around and i wound up catching him in an ankle lock which made him scream then i released it. afterwards he was nice enough to lecture me on how in the street this would never work,next to his street kung fu from russia.

another time on my first trip to china ,a two week long trip of training to beijing,there was some jerk off from england that joined our group. for some reason this fool though he would act as an assistant instructor and offer corrections to other members of the group. this was a bagua ,tai chi training trip,and i was a push hands competitor at the time,so i was happy to have people to push with, but to my surprise they weren't really into it, so one morning we are waiting outside for the training doors to be open and i asked if anyone wanted to practice pushing,now he had avoided me for about a week on this except to graciously give me corrections on my forms. so he takes this as a challenge instead of friend practice,and says of come on i will push with you in a tough guy voice and attitude. so as soon as we start he grabs my jacket, against the rules of pushing hands and tries to pull me to the floor, i defend easily,does it a second time then third. all the while i defend and remain within the rules of the game and don't grab just defend. so ok we restart he makes a laugh as if he proved something from this, then we restart, i coil inside of his clinch give him a small and relaxed shoulder shove to off balance him and sweep him with an outside reap,he goes down very easily and quickly. i even tried to catch him on the way down. he lands on his way down, while on his back he tries to sweep me, i don't budge,i am standing over him,it ends there.

I accept your challenge.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A

I have easily beaten every one I have ever fought.....

Now THIS is a challenge match!

some boring people on here with nothing to say i guess

Our teachers participated in challenge matches, but that was back when every fist fight didn't come with assault charges and an attorney.

The only challenges I've ever recieved were on the 'net and over the phone by people who didn't show up.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A

I have easily beaten every one I have ever fought.....

Quote Originally Posted by IronWeasel View Post
    Our teachers participated in challenge matches, but that was back when every fist fight didn't come with assault charges and an attorney.

The only challenges I've ever recieved were on the 'net and over the phone by people who didn't show up.
    If a person wants a real challenge nowadays, they know where they can go.
    That people don't go there speaks volumes.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Because it was just a post of you saying how awesome you are? That MIGHT be a reason? MAYBE?

Funny how when people post these stories, they are always the one easily defeating their opponents, who are insanely stereotypical and foolishly naive, while the hero (you) easily bests them with superior skill.

If you want your **** stroked....go see Bawang. He's cheap and does good work.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    do i get referral discount?
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    This ^^^^^ FTW!!!!!!
    Last edited by mooyingmantis; 04-24-2012 at 05:00 PM.
    Richard A. Tolson
    https://www.patreon.com/mantismastersacademy

There are two types of Chinese martial artists. Those who can fight and those who should be teaching dance or yoga!

53 years of training, 43 years of teaching and still aiming for perfection!

Recovering Forms Junkie! Even my twelve step program has four roads!

Quote Originally Posted by RickMatz View Post
    Now THIS is a challenge match!
    no, no: THIS

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    do i get referral discount?
    who died and made u pimp?

Pimp gotta be taking. Aint no fo sho thing jn da pimp game, other than u gots ta work dem hoes
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.