Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ufc® 148: Silva vs. Sonnen ii

Enter the Spider

Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by Hebrew Hammer View Post
    It's hard to be relaxed when some dude is pounding your face for 4.5 rounds, I think Sonnen just wanted it more and had a great game plan. Silva has had some seemingly lack luster fights with other opponents, its either lack of focus or mental toughness. No doubt he has had the best athletic and fighting ABILITY and skill sets. I would love to see him fight Jon Jones after this win or lose.

Personally I like this USA vs Brazil rivalry...I have seen some training vids of Brazilian fighters mocking the USA fighters reliance on boxing and wrestling vs their Muy Thai and BJJ. It makes for good TV.
    lol yeah that's what I meant, that Silva was too relaxed before getting a mouthful of fist sandwich, which put him in survival mode. I think you're right, Sonnen had his head deeper in the game during that fight.

About the rivalry thing, I don't know, sometimes it just reeks of poor sportsmanship and lack of class, from both sides. It's not just Sonnen; Silva can be quite a d1ck aswell - remember the Silva v. Maia fight? Ugly, to say the least.

I'm going in, somebody cover me!

So I'm seriously considering getting this PPV, too bad some of you fools don't live closer, I'd invite you over to the man cave, adult beverages for everyone.

I haven't gotten a UFC PPV in a while, it always seems like every time I get one, it's the worst one ever. Back in the day I was fortunate enough to get the Mike Tyson vs Evander Holyfield PPV fight where he bit his ear off...we might get this in tomorrow's finally.

Anyone else getting it? The PPV I mean, you dirty *******s.

Here are my predictions for the main card:

1) Main Event Sonnen 3rd Victory by TKO
    2)Griffin over Ortiz by Arm Bar
    3)Cote over Le by rear naked choke
    4)Kim over Maia by decision probably fight of the night.
    5)Mendes over Mckenzie by extreme body waxing.
    6)Easton over Menjivar by first round KO
    7)Guillard over Camoes...decision. Comeback win for Guillard.
    8)Nurmagomedov over Tibau guillotine choke.
    9)Fukuda over Phillipou by decision
    10)Allesio over Roller TKO.
    "if its ok for shaolin wuseng to break his vow then its ok for me to sneak behind your house at 3 in the morning and bang your dog if buddha is in your heart then its ok"-Bawang

"I get what you have said in the past, but we are not intuitive fighters. As instinctive fighters, we can chuck spears and claw and bite. We are not instinctively god at punching or kicking."-Drake

"Princess? LMAO hammer you are such a pr^t"-Frost

How dare you bet against Le. Serisouly, who lives where you live, that's fugged up bro!!

I like Le, don't mistake that...loved watching his Sanshou days...just think he's at the twilight of his fight career. The UFC and Cote have probably better competition than Strikeforce did...

One of my favorite fights was Cung Le Vs Scott Smith.
    "if its ok for shaolin wuseng to break his vow then its ok for me to sneak behind your house at 3 in the morning and bang your dog if buddha is in your heart then its ok"-Bawang

"I get what you have said in the past, but we are not intuitive fighters. As instinctive fighters, we can chuck spears and claw and bite. We are not instinctively god at punching or kicking."-Drake

i hope Le wins with sidekick tko just to make you cry!!!
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    i hope Le wins with sidekick tko just to make you cry!!!
    Lucas, I will squash you like a grape.

If Sonnen wins...this is what we may see

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=565JU...eature=related

Well I probably won't buy another PPV...

Most of the main card fights were very lack luster, until Griffin vs Ortiz...completely solid fight! Great efforts from both men. Fight of the night...Tito rocked him a couple of times and Forrest just kept coming back.

Cung Le vs Cote was good for about the first round...just lack luster after that, both men gassed. I don't know why Le doesn't use some of his Sanshou take downs.

The Main Event started out to be a hell of fight but thought it was called far too soon, Sonnen dominated the first round mounted the champ, then made a mistake on a spinning backfist in the second round, tripped then Silva pounced kneeing him in the chest then went after him with hammer fists but didn't think Sonnen was badly hurt and they let Silva take far more damage in the first fight and continue on. Should have let it continue...

I feel cheap and used like one of Bawangs Vietnamese hookers...

Note to UFC Either start putting on female fights, those chicks really go at it or create more of an incentive program for fighters to finish the fight by either knockout or submission. I know they have one award for the whole card for submission/ko of the night but each individual fight should have some financial incentives. Nothing is worse than watching two fighters with too much respect for each other.
    Last edited by Hebrew Hammer; 07-07-2012 at 10:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hebrew Hammer View Post
    Most of the main card fights were very lack luster, until Griffin vs Ortiz...completely solid fight! Great efforts from both men. Fight of the night...Tito rocked him a couple of times and Forrest just kept coming back.

Cung Le vs Cote was good for about the first round...just lack luster after that, both men gassed. I don't know why Le doesn't use some of his Sanshou take downs.

The Main Event started out to be a hell of fight but thought it was called far too soon, Sonnen dominated the first round mounted the champ, then made a mistake on a spinning backfist in the second round, tripped then Silva pounced kneeing him in the chest then went after him with hammer fists but didn't think Sonnen was badly hurt and they let Silva take far more damage in the first fight and continue on. Should have let it continue...

I feel cheap and used like one of Bawangs Vietnamese hookers...

Note to UFC Either start putting on female fights, those chicks really go at it or create more of an incentive program for fighters to finish the fight by either knockout or submission. I know they have one award for the whole card for submission/ko of the night but each individual fight should have some financial incentives. Nothing is worse than watching two fighters with too much respect for each other.
    seriously did we watch the same fights or were you drunk?
    Cote stepped it up big time in the second round with lots of combinations and forward pressure and didn't slow until the 3rd, Cung hit 2 takedowns and that showed why he doesnt use those skills in MMA because his ground game was terrible
    Sonnen was rocked and not defending himself at all when Anderson was teeing off with hook punches, hammerfists LMAO he got up after the hammer fists ate a body kick went down again and started eating hook punches to the head without doing anything in return ...WTF were you watching?

and you seriously need to learn about the sport before going off on one, they award for fight of the night, knockout of the night and submission of the night the reason they pay the fights so little but pay such big bonuses is to encourage good fights, they also cut guys who continue to have boring fights

Submission of the Night -- None

Knockout of the Night -- Anderson Silva

Fight of the Night -- Tito Ortiz vs. Forrest Griffin

Again, each fighter received $75,000 extra for their performances in addition to their respective base salaries,

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    seriously did we watch the same fights or were you drunk?
    Cote stepped it up big time in the second round with lots of combinations and forward pressure and didn't slow until the 3rd, Cung hit 2 takedowns and that showed why he doesnt use those skills in MMA because his ground game was terrible
    Sonnen was rocked and not defending himself at all when Anderson was teeing off with hook punches, hammerfists LMAO he got up after the hammer fists ate a body kick went down again and started eating hook punches to the head without doing anything in return ...WTF were you watching?

and you seriously need to learn about the sport before going off on one, they award for fight of the night, knockout of the night and submission of the night the reason they pay the fights so little but pay such big bonuses is to encourage good fights, they also cut guys who continue to have boring fights
    lol, oh Princess you're like the girlfriend I never had! Let me address some of your concerns.

1) No I wasn't drunk, maybe I should have been...next PPV I'm gonna hang out with you and your peeps.

2) You reinforced my point, Cote vs Le was terrible in the 3rd round, they were both gassed. I did see Cung do those two takedowns and applauded his efforts there but they were not either single or double leg shots. What I would rather see from him is Sanshou style throws, trips, and leg sweeps. I like Cung as a fighter but he's gassed out in several of the Strikeforce fights he's been in. He admits that.

I also love watching fighters with a Judo background, throwing fools on their head and believe that sweeps and trips are an under utilized skill in the UFC. I think Cung can do some of that. Just my opinion.

3) The Silva vs Sonnen fight...it was just a bizzare ending, I watched the replay and aside from the knee to the chest it, it looked more like Sonnen folded than that Silva hammered him. When he missed the backfist and fell to ground, Silva was several feet away from him, Sonnen could have tried to scramble to get up, instead he sat down and watched Silva take 3-4 strides across the Octagon to deliver that knee. It was like he knew he made a mistake, lost the initiative, and let Silva take it to him. I believe it has to do with the wrestling background, some wrestlers are terrible when not in dominant position or on their backs. Sonnen pretty much turtled up and didn't try (in my opinion) to scramble or get back the initiative. Had the positions been reversed, I know Silva would have...that's why hes' the champ. I still think it was called too soon....unless the dude is clearly knocked out they should give it more time especially in the main event.

4)Your little table again reinforces my point, a whole PPV event and not a single fight bonus awarded for submission of the night. That's at least ten fights. I agree with Tito/Forrest as fight of night, there should have been more fights like it period. I'm not sure I would have awarded Silva KO of the night...he didn't even knock him out, but who else would have deserved a potential KO of the night on that whole card?

These men are professional fighters, I know they train hard for months, is it too much to expect 15 minutes of action from them? For my money I want to see a fight, if you've ever seen the female fights on Strikeforce, everyone of them was complete brawl that either ended in a KO or submission. My point is that it should be hard to pick the fight of night or KO or Submission of the night. With guys I think some fight not to lose, it's an ego thing.

As I stated above, I am aware they have these bonuses for the whole card, but what I'd like to see is something for each fight...maybe $5k or 10K for the most strikes landed or most submissions attempted per fight. If you watched Pride Fighting...the let the refs give yellow cards for inactivity, I just don't think they should take money away from these guys but rather put out some positive incentives for action.

Come on Frost, admit it, I do know what I'm talking about.

no you dont't know what you are on about because they already offer individual bonuses for wins
    So they offer 3 big bonuses, they also offer win bonuses for each fight (did you forget that as well?) not to mention if you lose or dont entertain you get cut,

So they pay small, reward you if you win and then reward you again if you knock someone out or submit them.... what else can they do

here you go a breakdown of a recent ufc to make it clear
    Michael Bisping: $425,000 ($275,000 to show, $150,000 to win)
    Jason Miller: $45,000
    Bisping def. Miller via technical knockout

Diego Brandao: $16,000 ($8,000 to show, $8,000 to win)
    Dennis Bermudez: $8,000
    Brandao def. Bermudez via submission (armbar)

John Dodson: $16,000 ($8,000 to show, $8,000 to win)
    T.J. Dillashaw: $8,000
    Dodson def. Dillashaw via knockout

Tony Ferguson: $30,000 ($15,000 to show, $15,000 to win)
    Yves Edwards: $16,000
    Ferguson def. Edwards via unanimous decision

Johnny Bedford: $16,000 ($8,000 to show, $8,000 to win)
    Louis Gaudinot: $8,000
    Bedford def. Gaudinot via technical knockout

Marcus Brimage: $16,000 ($8,000 to show, $8,000 to win)
    Stephen Bass: $8,000
    Brimage def. Bass via unanimous decision

John Albert: $16,000 ($8,000 to show, $8,000 to win)
    Dustin Pague: $8,000
    Albert def. Pague via technical knockout

Roland Delorme: $16,000 ($8,000 to show, $8,000 to win)
    Josh Ferguson: $8,000
    Delorme def. Ferguson via submission (rear naked choke)

Steven Siler: $16,000 ($8,000 to show, $8,000 to win)
    Josh Clopton: $8,000
    Siler def. Clopton via unanimous decision

Bryan Caraway: $16,000 ($8,000 to show, $8,000 to win)
    Dustin Neace: $8,000
    Caraway def. Neace via submission (rear naked choke)

Frost is right that was not an early stoppage. sonnen wasnt defending and didnt hop up to his feet quickly and protest.

He was done whether it was from being hurt or he just mentality folded whatever he did not want anymore of it clearly

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down

Quote Originally Posted by goju View Post
    Frost is right that was not an early stoppage. sonnen wasnt defending and didnt hop up to his feet quickly and protest.

He was done whether it was from being hurt or he just mentality folded whatever he did not want anymore of it clearly
    Silva was pulling Sonnen's shorts to give him a wedgy. That is cheating. I not sure what happened to Sonnen. I think he mentally folded. I think they called the fight too quick. Shane Carwin had Brock Lesnar in a similar situation but the ref did not call that fight in the first round.

Sonnen does one thing and that is to take people down and ground and pound them. Silva trained takedown defense knowing this. Sonnen did not adapt well.

Frost, you have such a b!tchy tone to your posts. Are you having your period?
    Last edited by RWilson; 07-08-2012 at 05:24 PM.

Blog Entries

the whole match

Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better