Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ufc® 148: Silva vs. Sonnen ii

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    no you dont't know what you are on about because they already offer individual bonuses for wins
    So they offer 3 big bonuses, they also offer win bonuses for each fight (did you forget that as well?) not to mention if you lose or dont entertain you get cut,

So they pay small, reward you if you win and then reward you again if you knock someone out or submit them.... what else can they do

here you go a breakdown of a recent ufc to make it clear
    I understand that, what you're misconstruing is I want bonuses for ACTION...not incentives for winning or losing, I know those other ones exist. I want to see great fights on a PPV, often times the undercards are more exciting because these are two fighters who have an incentive to move up and become part of the main card.

Most of the incentives in your posting are for wins...hence some of the fighters don't take risks engage in actions attempt risky stuff because of the fear of losing. If they're bonuses were based on action vs winning or losing we might have more exciting fights. I want to see a fight not a judge's decisions.
    "if its ok for shaolin wuseng to break his vow then its ok for me to sneak behind your house at 3 in the morning and bang your dog if buddha is in your heart then its ok"-Bawang

"I get what you have said in the past, but we are not intuitive fighters. As instinctive fighters, we can chuck spears and claw and bite. We are not instinctively god at punching or kicking."-Drake

"Princess? LMAO hammer you are such a pr^t"-Frost

Quote Originally Posted by Hebrew Hammer View Post
    I understand that, what you're misconstruing is I want bonuses for ACTION...not incentives for winning or losing, I know those other ones exist. I want to see great fights on a PPV, often times the undercards are more exciting because these are two fighters who have an incentive to move up and become part of the main card.

Most of the incentives in your posting are for wins...hence some of the fighters don't take risks engage in actions attempt risky stuff because of the fear of losing. If they're bonuses were based on action vs winning or losing we might have more exciting fights. I want to see a fight not a judge's decisions.
    umm the criteria for winning by judges decision
    Judges shall evaluate mixed martial arts techniques, such as effective striking, effective grappling, control of the ring/fighting area, effective aggressiveness and defense.
    so in order to win you have to be seen to be the aggressor and to be controlling the cage, hard to do that by not engaging yes?
    Hard to do that by not being more active than the other guy by and large yes?

not to mention Dana is known for keeping fighters on if he finds them exciting even if they lose (like dan hardy) and cutting fighters is they win but are boring

Quote Originally Posted by RWilson View Post
    Silva was pulling Sonnen's shorts to give him a wedgy. That is cheating. I not sure what happened to Sonnen. I think he mentally folded. I think they called the fight too quick. Shane Carwin had Brock Lesnar in a similar situation but the ref did not call that fight in the first round.

Sonnen does one thing and that is to take people down and ground and pound them. Silva trained takedown defense knowing this. Sonnen did not adapt well.

Frost, you have such a b!tchy tone to your posts. Are you having your period?
    you are a whiner and a moaner, so who cares what you think

Sonnen's mouth wrote cheques that his body couldn't cash.
    Hype may sell tickets but it doesn't beat champions.
    There is an old adage in fighting sports, made popular by Rick Flair:
    To BE THE MAN you must BEAT THE MAN.

Sonnen didn't.
    Did he have the chance? Yes, just like last time.
    Was he able to seal the deal? Nope, just like last time.
    Did Silva have a chance to beat him? Yes, just like last time.
    Did Silva seal the deal? yes, just like last time.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Sonnen's mouth wrote cheques that his body couldn't cash..
    Don't they all dude. And how come nobody gave props to Le for getting the decision. Haters

hey hebrew. i just wanted to tell you HA FUKIN HA cung le won you suck. squash this bich!!!

and i do tend to agree with hebrew.

they award a cash bonus for showing, and a cash bonus for win. you can show up, and win and still be boring as hell....ive seen it a lot actually. sometimes both guys get into a 'rhythm' that makes for a boring fight. ya its still a fight, but sometimes its just as much as it needs to be to get paid. kind of like when i go to work and do just enough to get through the day, but i dont bust out rock star style. we all do that. at my job they have an incentive plan to ensure i break out the goods more often than not.

I mean BOTH fighters can just kind of give 80% in stead of 100% and then just collect a paycheck. what hebrew is saying is to formulate an incentive plan that assures both fighters in EVERY fight give 100%. sure you can let dana eventually toss guys that are boring, but what about the $$ plop we just put down on a boring ass card on ppv?

its not really a bad idea.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Brule View Post
    Don't they all dude. And how come nobody gave props to Le for getting the decision. Haters
    i do!!!!!!!!!!! GO CUNG! he did it for all the 40 year olds!!!
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Brule View Post
    Here you go, love his quote at the end !

Cung Le picked up his first UFC victory, winning a unanimous decision over Patrick Cote.

Le did a good job of dictating the distance, frustrating the Quebec middleweight with body kicks and counter punches. Cote's iron jaw was on display, as Le cracked him several times with high kicks and right-hooks.

“I feel great, a little tired,” an excited Le said. “I was going to do a back flip, but don't have the energy. He came, he brought it. He has a hard head, I hurt my foot on it.”
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Good old Le.

We can always count on him to represent. Anybody got a link to a vid of the fight?
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    umm the criteria for winning by judges decision

so in order to win you have to be seen to be the aggressor and to be controlling the cage, hard to do that by not engaging yes?
    Hard to do that by not being more active than the other guy by and large yes?

not to mention Dana is known for keeping fighters on if he finds them exciting even if they lose (like dan hardy) and cutting fighters is they win but are boring
    Frost, I mean Princess, I get what you're saying and tend to agree with that for the most part. Maybe what I would like to see isn't reasonable, but I don't think so. Let me give you some examples of what I think they could do better, especially in PPV.

Here are some examples of things I want them to eliminate or change. I know you've seen these types of fights. The first round feel out, where both fighters pretty much spend the whole five minutes dancing around, throwing a few lazy jabs or feints and not ever engaging. It happens. The laying in some dude's guard for a whole round...fighter shoots the take down and then just pretty much lays on the guy for win. He's in dominant position, controlled the octagon but never really did any damage or try to submit the guy. This kind of fight makes me want to punch myself in the face. Lastly, the guy who throws a jab and then dances away all night, I can't remember the fighters names but there was one fight on that card that was pretty much a boring boxing exhibition...the two fighters threw a one two and disengaged and shadow boxed. It maybe ok in a ten or 12 round boxing match but is not good for a 3rd fight.

The UFC used to do a better job of standing guys up for inactivity on ground, it seems to me they really got away from it. I'd like them to get back to it or maybe allow the ref to be able to deduct a point for inactivity. That would definitely motivate a fighter to work harder. It certainly seemed to work for Pride when they allowed the Ref to be the arbiter of action.

Create a Senior or Legends division, each PPV would bring in a fight with two former champs or classic fighters say in the 35- 40+ age range...they may not be competitive with the youngsters but could still throw a great fight.

Like you mentioned (Dan Hardy), there are some fighters no matter what their record are gonna throw down, guys like Forrest Griffin, the Diaz Bros, Vanderley Silva, Uriah Faber, Chris Leiben, etc that I'd pay watch fight. These guys don't take rounds off and always try to win. Just stack a few more fights with these types of fighters. Perhaps save some of the newer fighters for Fox TV events.
    "if its ok for shaolin wuseng to break his vow then its ok for me to sneak behind your house at 3 in the morning and bang your dog if buddha is in your heart then its ok"-Bawang

"I get what you have said in the past, but we are not intuitive fighters. As instinctive fighters, we can chuck spears and claw and bite. We are not instinctively god at punching or kicking."-Drake

"Princess? LMAO hammer you are such a pr^t"-Frost

Quote Originally Posted by SimonM View Post
    Good old Le.

We can always count on him to represent. Anybody got a link to a vid of the fight?
    here you go sir

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajXvic_Gr30

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down

Quote Originally Posted by Sardinkahnikov View Post
    Gracias sir.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.