Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Know Nanyang?

Thanks YKW, I will. Not to say I won't get injured...but I do that here too. Anyway, it's not like I'm going to be in some kind of full time program. I just need a teacher and some training partners I can work with 6 hours a week or so.

Have the Nanyang interview in an hour and twenty minutes from now. So far I've scored a job in Beijing and one in Xuzhou...Between these three I think I'd choose Nanyang, but I'm sure other options will pop up. Thanks for the help.

Dan,

Hope to hear about your choice as well as experiences.

You are going to teach. Umm, Friendly negotiate contracts with truth while standing firm, and don't mention the 3 Ts in class. Everything else is negotiable.

Cheers!

Thanks a lot Tao Yin. I'm sure I'll start a trip thread once I sign a contract... I have to admit, I don't know what the three T's are--at least which ones you mean. I looked online and found a Jewish verision, a Christian, a pruning version, a SEO (search engine optimization) version...

Dan,

Will definitely look forward to your thread.

The three Ts are Taiwan, Tiananmen, and Tibet...These topics always cause problems when mentioned in classrooms, and they almost always result in some teacher getting fired. Back in the day, some teachers literally got deported for talking about such.

Speech just isn't free for foreigners in China, especially if the speech rocks the provincial boat in any way. Face rules.

Oh. Gotcha. Not to worry, I'm looking forward to a year without political discussion.