Thread: 龍鶴-Dragon Crane Fist

Post 龍鶴-Dragon Crane Fist

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=dQgnfwQrFf0

In Rou Chyuan (柔拳), the most important practicing is The Five Great Cranes.After completing the training in Shaking Crane, Dragon Crane is the relatively advanced training in the next level.

五大名鶴(The Five Great Cranes):
    縱鶴 (Shaking Crane)
    龍鶴 (Dragon Crane )
    猴鶴(Monkey Crane)
    捘身鶴(Vibrating Crane)
    梅鶴神拳(Plum Flower crane)

White crane is one of the famous styles in southern Chinese martial art. Dragon Crane is one of the evolved forms of white crane Grand master Tong found in Fujian Province of China. The style's most distinguished feature is that it combines few Tai Chi and Ba Gua's moves in traditional white crane style.

Note: The Korean style uniforms we wear are for the purpose of grappling while practicing our wrestling technique. We are Chinese people practicing traditional Chinese martial arts.
    Last edited by sdf123; 05-15-2012 at 02:11 AM.

Well.... the applications were horrid but lets leave that aside.
    First off IF you are going to do ANY grappling you would not use a Dobook ( Korean Gi), they are NOT made for grappling.
    Second, he OVER exagerrates the "concaved" chest which greatly decreases his ability to express any type of power.
    Third, while the moves are fluid ( yin) they lack power and explosiveness ( yang).
    Forth, His structure isn't very good.

Looks more like a korean attempt to do "kung fu".
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

As someone who has been doing 5 Ancestors & White Crane for quite a number of years, this is definitely not WCrane!

The posture is totally off, and I doubt if he could generate any sort of power, from the poor structure that Sanjuro observes... (I just watched for 30s and had this urge to puke...)

Its probably some 'self-invented art', the practitioners are Chinese (from the other vid, the conversation was Mandarin). Probably some mainlander Chinese trying to dupe the 'not so smart Westerners' into believing this is great stuff, not knowing the hard core audience here! Doubt if they would have put up that vid to the Chinese audience, I'm sure the White Crane community would have reacted...

If they are anybody of significance, they'll be at the Nan ShouLin International Martial Arts Conference, held yearly in Quanzhou, Fujian, which I have attended for the last few years. Didn't see them there at all. When I showed this to another experienced WCrane practitioner he just burst out laughing!

PS
    if it had been labeled as any other style/type of art, I wouldn't have bothered to reply. But this is an insult to White Crane!

they are taiwanese

that explains EVERYTHING

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

that sucked so horribly beyond belief, I can't even tell you...

Quote Originally Posted by sdf123 View Post

Note: The Korean style uniforms we wear are for the purpose of grappling while practicing our wrestling technique. We are Chinese people practicing traditional Chinese martial arts.
    why don't u just wear shui jiao uniforms, which r actually designed for real grappl...oh, I see, never mind...

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Well.... the applications were horrid but lets leave that aside.
    First off IF you are going to do ANY grappling you would not use a Dobook ( Korean Gi), they are NOT made for grappling.
    Second, he OVER exagerrates the "concaved" chest which greatly decreases his ability to express any type of power.
    Third, while the moves are fluid ( yin) they lack power and explosiveness ( yang).
    Forth, His structure isn't very good.

Looks more like a korean attempt to do "kung fu".
    First, the korean or karate uniform is not for grappling?? then why do they wear it in Judo?

Second, the concaved chest you mentioned is the teaching of "like turtle's back and Crane's spine" (龜背鶴身) from Fāng Qīniáng's white crane text, it is talking about the hunching back posture, but you will find the degree of the hunching vary with different white cranes practitioner depending on how it is interpreted.

Third, not being able to express any type of power and lack of power while it is yin?? how about yin and yang coordination?? how about being fluid and loose in the process of moving(yin) but hardening at the moment of contact(yang).

if you want, you can have a look at 3:47~5:02 of the video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=ldtDWC2RQW8

Last, we are not korean. below is the interview on our style in National Geographic.

Part(1): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFDsK...eature=related
    (6:07~the end)

Part(2):http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tI279...feature=relmfu
    (begin~4:40)

Photos of Master Tong and students visiting Songshan Mountain (嵩山) Shaolin Temple in Henan (河南) in 1992:
    http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...5577069&type=3

First, the korean or karate uniform is not for grappling?? then why do they wear it in Judo?

Second, the concaved chest you mentioned is the teaching of "like turtle's back and Crane's spine" (龜背鶴身) from Fāng Qīniáng's white crane text, it is talking about the hunching back posture, but you will find the degree of the hunching vary with different white cranes practitioner depending on how it is interpreted.

Third, not being able to express any type of power and lack of power while it is yin?? how about yin and yang coordination?? how about being fluid and loose in the process of moving(yin) but hardening at the moment of contact(yang).

if you want, you can have a look at 3:47~5:02 of the video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=ldtDWC2RQW8

Last, we are not korean. below is the interview on our style in National Geographic.

Part(1): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFDsK...eature=related
    (6:07~the end)

Part(2):http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tI279...feature=relmfu
    (begin~4:40)

Photos of Master Tong and students visiting Songshan Mountain (嵩山) Shaolin Temple in Henan (河南) in 1992:
    http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...5577069&type=3
    There is so much wrong here, I don't even know where to start...
    Let me just say this:
    A korean Dobok or Karate Gi is NOT and NEVER have been ANYTHING like a JUDO Gi.
    They are NOT made for grappling, they cut, the thickness of material, the reinforcing, the design is different.
    That you don't know this speaks volumes.
    That you don't know something so basic makes me not even interested in anything you wrote after that pure silliness.

Quote Originally Posted by boh View Post
    As someone who has been doing 5 Ancestors & White Crane for quite a number of years, this is definitely not WCrane!
    I normally care less about critics from others, especially non-white crane practitioner, unless they get a point. however, since you claim yourself a white crane practitioner, I feel like to respond.

First off, may I ask you what type of white crane do you practice?? long arm crane or short arm crane?? or to be more specific, flying crane飛,crying crane鳴,sleeping crane宿, feeding crane食, fujian traditional white crane or wing chun??? From your questioning, I can pretty much guess what you do is somewhat related to short arm crane, which is different from long arm crane( what we do). If you see enough of white crane styles, you must know that in long arm crane fajin is generated not too much from the first two joints(wrist and elbow) but mostly from the third joint(shoulder) and body.

Each group is looking at the crane in a different way, and the way the crane principles(Fāng Qīniáng’s teacing)are expressed can be entirely different. And yet they are both Crane, just in their own ways.

For example, what does連三起駿 mean to you in white crane?? Do you think the fajin in white crane has gotta be inch puch or short rang power generation??? The inch punch did not exist until WhiteJie(白戒) has discovered it cuz Fāng Qīniáng couldn’t see it in the text. After that, the inch punch was further perfected by Grand master Fong, the founder of Shaking Crane, who discovered the Vibrational fajin in the text. Therefore, it all really depends on how one interprets those principles.

The posture is totally off, and I doubt if he could generate any sort of power, from the poor structure that Sanjuro observes... (I just watched for 30s and had this urge to puke...)
    What we do is pretty internal. If you really can’t see it from the video, the best way is to experience it.

Its probably some 'self-invented art', the practitioners are Chinese (from the other vid, the conversation was Mandarin). Probably some mainlander Chinese trying to dupe the 'not so smart Westerners' into believing this is great stuff, not knowing the hard core audience here! Doubt if they would have put up that vid to the Chinese audience, I'm sure the White Crane community would have reacted...
    Dragon Crane originated from Yong Chun country in Fujian China and Grand master Tong learned this form from a master called Chen Chun (陳春) over there.

If I don’t wanna put up the vid to the Chinese audience, then why woud I write the description in Chinese on youtube??

If they are anybody of significance, they'll be at the Nan ShouLin International Martial Arts Conference, held yearly in Quanzhou, Fujian, which I have attended for the last few years. Didn't see them there at all.
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=3&theater
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=3&theater
    We will attend the Nan ShouLin International Martial Arts Conference if we have the chance in the future. Hope to meet you there.

When I showed this to another experienced WCrane practitioner he just burst out laughing!
    That depends on what type of white crane he does.

if it had been labeled as any other style/type of art, I wouldn't have bothered to reply. But this is an insult to White Crane!
    Maybe just an insult to your “white crane”
    Last edited by sdf123; 05-18-2012 at 03:48 AM.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    um, not for nuthin' but...
    the inch punch exists in many, if not all styles of TCMA. Northern styles such as Baji Ch'uan use it extensively. Tai Chi uses it.
    Your style is your own business, whether we agree with it or not,
    but to make blanket statements like that is just showing ignorance of every other TCMA but your own.
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    um, not for nuthin' but...
    the inch punch exists in many, if not all styles of TCMA. Northern styles such as Baji Ch'uan use it extensively. Tai Chi uses it.
    Your style is your own business, whether we agree with it or not,
    but to make blanket statements like that is just showing ignorance of every other TCMA but your own.
    Indeed and in terms of origins, it probably owes more to taiji than to white crane.
    Though I think it (inch power) predates the TCMA we have now.

What we do is pretty internal. If you really can’t see it from the video, the best way is to experience it.
    this is why I love TCMA - u can put up the crappiest demo, display horrible biomechanics and demonstrate a profound misunderstanding of...well...pretty much everything, and when you get called on it, just play the old "well, you can't judge adequately from watching, because what we are doing is internal", and be reasonably assured that you can get away with it!

you know, in my manual physical therapy practice, we do some stuff that's "internal" as well; interestingly enough, I think that in some ways it's similar to what you guys are trying to pass off here...

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    I normally care less about critics from others,
    especially non-white crane practitioner, unless they get a point.
    RACIST!!!!

jus' messin' wit ya!
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Blog Entries
    五大名鶴(The Five Great Cranes):
    縱鶴 (Shaking Crane)
    龍鶴 (Dragon Crane )
    猴鶴(Monkey Crane)
    捘身鶴(Vibrating Crane)
    梅鶴神拳(Plum Flower crane)
    I have heard about 縱鶴 (Jumping Crane) and I have not heard about the other 4 cranes system that you mention here. As far as I know, there are 4 major white crane systems. Could you explain the relationship between your 5 crane systems and the 4 crane syatems?

飛鶴 (Flying Crane)、
    鳴鶴 (Screaming Crane)、
    宿鶴 (Sleeping Crane)、
    食鶴 (Eating Crane).

Later on 縱鶴 (Jumping Crane) was created.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

方七娘之弟子鄭禮 姚虎等人在原有「永春白鶴」之基礎, 取其鶴之特性“飛、 鳴、 宿、 食” 等特性,而創編出以意行氣,以意馭氣,的福州鶴拳。白鶴拳術傳迄今已三白年之久,福州鶴拳傳至今日逐漸形成 四大流派分別是「飛鶴、鳴鶴、宿鶴、食鶴」 等四大名鶴,四大鶴法各有所長,拳經曰:「飛似大鵬展翅之狀、鳴聲記高聲之禁、宿如白熊初醒之態、食乃白鶴 啄物之象也。」。飛鶴,動作象形且舒展大方;鳴 鶴,取鶴拳鳴叫以氣催勁,側重吞吐勁;宿鶴,以鶴棲宿之態(點頭勁)而創,側重獨腳踢吊;食鶴,以鶴掠之為 食,食也表白鶴攻擊之意具白鶴全身之形象;清朝 道光年間,鶴拳名宿 方世培 以原始鶴法並融合獨特的彈抖勁,取意鶴淋雨抖翅而顫動,狗落水上岸時,身上則發出一種彈抖之勁,而創出縱鶴 拳,亦稱為「縱身鶴法」,因閩南方言「宗」與 「縱」同音亦稱「宗」鶴拳。
    Seven disciple Zheng Li yaohu and others of the mother in the original "Yongchun White crane" basis, choose the characteristics of the crane "flying, singing, lodging, food," and other features, and creating to Qi, Yu Qi, Fuzhou crane fist. White crane martial arts pass so far has three white years of long, Fuzhou crane boxing pass to today gradually formed four genre respectively is "fly crane, and Ming crane, and host crane, and food crane", four name crane, four crane method their own strength, boxing by said: "fly like large Peng wings of shaped, and song remember loud of ban, and host as Bai Xiongchu woke up of State, and food is white crane Peck real of as also. 」。 Fly crane, action hieroglyphic and stretch generous; Ming crane, take crane boxing singing to gas collection stiff, focused on Huff stiff; host crane, to crane lives host of State (nod stiff) and create, focused on alone feet playing hanging; food crane, to crane swept of for food, food also table White crane attack of meaning with White crane General of image; Qing dynasty light years, crane boxing senior celebrity Fang Shipei to original crane method and fusion unique of bomb shook stiff, take meaning crane rain shook fin and fibrillation, dog fell into the ashore Shi, who is issued a bomb shook of stiff, and created longitudinal crane boxing, also called "jump crane method", due to Minnan dialect " "And" vertical "sounds like" "crane fist.

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    Seems strange that the guy rolled up his sleeve on his left arm when his right hand is doing the dirty work!

/sarcasm ( in case anyone doesn't see it)
    Quote Originally Posted by RD'S Alias
    This was a case of operator error.