Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Floyd Mayweather

The skills that Manny has that may make this a magnificent fight are his speed and power, not so much his defensive skills, he maybe and just maybe be able to catch Floyd...more so than his other competition. Floyd is just as fast and has superior defensive skills...so I'd still LOVE to see this happen.

I haven't seen this Manny vs Marquez fight everyone is claiming he lost. They both destroyed Hatton who was my boy, I was hoping he'd rough up Floyd and work that body. Speed was too much for him.
    "if its ok for shaolin wuseng to break his vow then its ok for me to sneak behind your house at 3 in the morning and bang your dog if buddha is in your heart then its ok"-Bawang

"I get what you have said in the past, but we are not intuitive fighters. As instinctive fighters, we can chuck spears and claw and bite. We are not instinctively god at punching or kicking."-Drake

"Princess? LMAO hammer you are such a pr^t"-Frost

Quote Originally Posted by Hebrew Hammer View Post
    The skills that Manny has that may make this a magnificent fight are his speed and power, not so much his defensive skills, he maybe and just maybe be able to catch Floyd...more so than his other competition. Floyd is just as fast and has superior defensive skills...so I'd still LOVE to see this happen.

I haven't seen this Manny vs Marquez fight everyone is claiming he lost. They both destroyed Hatton who was my boy, I was hoping he'd rough up Floyd and work that body. Speed was too much for him.
    Manny didn't really lose to Marquez, he could have except that in the later rounds Marquez's corner kept telling him he was winning on the cards so he played the last two rounds safe and didn't attack at all whereas Manny knew it was close and stayed active to the final bell. That is pretty much the only thing that saved him.

Mayweather Pacquaio would be such an amazing fight. Two diametrically opposed styles, I just wish it could've happened when they were both at their peaks.

Manny does have a few things going for him. Mayweather's shoulder roll doesn't work as well against southpaws and it is based entirely on rythm. Mayweather's timing is impeccable but one of Pacquaio's greatest strengths is his ability to punch arrhythmically and from crazy angles and that stands a decent chance of disrupting Mayweather's defense.

But in the end Pacquaio just leaves himself too open and Mayweather is going to capitalize on that with lead right hands the whole fight. Mayweather is just too smart and too technical for Manny.

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    I just did. And I was fantastic.

8 posts up. Same thread.

The only statement that even mentions a possibility of Mayweather losing to Pacquiao in this entire thread is the imaginary one in your own post that you had a knee jerk reaction to.
    i was commenting on your comment about floyd coming up with excuses..that is all...there are much better more adult ways to get your point across without attacking someone...did i attack you? nope, certainly did not...i know that its popular to try and insult someone on forums...but please raise your consciousness above that petty crap. you could have just posted this..to prove me wrong instead of trying to insult someone...

Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit son.
    This was rather in poor taste Wen.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Manny didn't really lose to Marquez, he could have except that in the later rounds Marquez's corner kept telling him he was winning on the cards so he played the last two rounds safe and didn't attack at all whereas Manny knew it was close and stayed active to the final bell. That is pretty much the only thing that saved him.

Mayweather Pacquaio would be such an amazing fight. Two diametrically opposed styles, I just wish it could've happened when they were both at their peaks.

Manny does have a few things going for him. Mayweather's shoulder roll doesn't work as well against southpaws and it is based entirely on rythm. Mayweather's timing is impeccable but one of Pacquaio's greatest strengths is his ability to punch arrhythmically and from crazy angles and that stands a decent chance of disrupting Mayweather's defense.

But in the end Pacquaio just leaves himself too open and Mayweather is going to capitalize on that with lead right hands the whole fight. Mayweather is just too smart and too technical for Manny.
    Well said...

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    This was rather in poor taste Wen.
    I thought this forum was in poor taste?
    "if its ok for shaolin wuseng to break his vow then its ok for me to sneak behind your house at 3 in the morning and bang your dog if buddha is in your heart then its ok"-Bawang

"I get what you have said in the past, but we are not intuitive fighters. As instinctive fighters, we can chuck spears and claw and bite. We are not instinctively god at punching or kicking."-Drake

Well said...

I thought this forum was in poor taste?
    Well, when you put it that way.

Considering Manny's latest remark about gays, I think the longer this fight takes to happen the less anyone is gonna care about it.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Well, when you put it that way.

Considering Manny's latest remark about gays, I think the longer this fight takes to happen the less anyone is gonna care about it.
    Manny or Floyd's rant??? I just saw some Vid of Floyd saying some pretty ignorant stuff. Haven't seen anything from Manny regarding this. They both are little less than cultured to say the least...doesn't mean I don't respect em.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lano...apologize.html

The furor surrounding boxer Manny Pacquiao seems to be dying down, more than a day after the Grove shopping center banned him from the mall in response to remarks he made about gay marriage.

The boxer spent Wednesday clarifying his comments -- and many of those who had earlier condemned him backed off.

The Grove action was prompted by inaccurate quotations attributed to the boxing great.
    The controversy stemmed from an interview Pacquiao gave to the National Conservative Examiner. Pacquiao expressed his disagreement with President Obama's recent endorsement of gay marriage.

The article went on to say that "Pacquiao's directive for Obama calls societies to fear God and not to promote sin, inclusive of same-sex marriage and cohabitation."

Stoking further controversy, the story quotes the Old Testament book of Leviticus 20:13, saying: "If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads."

Pacquiao was not quoted in the story as making the biblical reference. But he was reported as doing so by some American news outlets.

On Wednesday, Pacquiao went on the offensive. He said that he had nothing against gay people and that hateful comments attributed to him were untrue.

"What I said is a reporter asked me about gay marriage .... I am against gay marriage, but I'm not condemning gays," the boxer said in an interview with The Times. "I have family — a cousin — who's gay, and friends too. I'm just against gay marriage. I don't even want to talk about the issue, but I was asked about it, so I gave my opinion."

The writer of the original story also backed up Pacquiao's account. "I sincerely apologize for the confusion my column has caused. I certainly do not represent Pacquiao nor his team," the author wrote.

Good to hear that it was blown up for no reason, if that was the case.
    Isn't Manny considering running for politics?

I believe he was elected to office in Manila.
    Last edited by Hebrew Hammer; 05-17-2012 at 01:21 PM.

I believe he was elected to office in Manilla.
    Politician?
    Well now I hope Floyd knocks his head off
    If he becomes a lawyer, then he should be tarred and feathered !!

Quote Originally Posted by doug maverick View Post
    i was commenting on your comment about floyd coming up with excuses..that is all...there are much better more adult ways to get your point across without attacking someone...did i attack you? nope, certainly did not...i know that its popular to try and insult someone on forums...but please raise your consciousness above that petty crap. you could have just posted this..to prove me wrong instead of trying to insult someone...

Was it really that bad? I wasn't upset after you told me to go fuck myself but you're vexed because I said you demonstrated a lack of reading comprehension?

Did you read the thread thoroughly before commenting? No.

Was I a jerk about it? Absolutely.

there are better ways to communicate, state your facts. dont mount a personal attack on people...was it bad? no...did it make me mad? no..not really...its just the frustration that everytime someone makes a comment on this site, nobody talks about the issue they just attack the other person, instead of attacking the issue. i apologize for cursing you out, that was totally uncalled for, and i over reacted toward you.

Anyone can get caught on any given day. Pacquiao has the power to do it, but I also think Floyd does too. Mayweather has under estimated power in my opinion. In the last round of the Cotto fight he stunned Cotto. People rag on Mayweather's opponents, but he has fought some of the best and almost all of his recent ones after the fighter was coming off a good win or few. Outside of Pacquiao now, who should he fight? I don't think many people really think Senchenko is much of a threat especially after losing to Mallinagi (sp?). Who else is there in the division, Devon Alexander or Maidana? maybe, but not much else.

I think the Pacquiao - Bradley fight could be a good fight to watch at least by the middle rounds. I've only seen Bradley fight twice, he looks like he likes to mix it up, but I think if he tries to bang with Manny his timing will become too static and he will get caught, and I don't think Bradley has the goods to KO Pacquiao.

Hopefully after Pacquiao wins, and Floyd does his time, Arum will relent and finally let this fight happen under Mayweather's terms, because that's pretty much the only way it will happen.