Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: Chi-sao

Quote Originally Posted by Vajramusti View Post
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Not interested in a conversation with you. But to answer some of your questions(for the list)---while a trained eye sees some things in videos..."touched hands"? Done plenty of it with people across lineages and styles-not interested in convincing you.Yes- I invite who I want for any purpose I wish..I don;t lecture you on what you do or don't do.I don't happen to be sufficiently interested in your style.
    Whatever - You're not interested in a conversation with me, yet you still feel the sad need to express your disinterest in my 'style'
    I just asked what you base your opinions on because you always seem to have one regarding how so many people don't have the goods (which also implies you do since you have such an 'expert eye'). This isn't about 'my style' or yours or anyone elses. I think you need to let your attachments go, it's getting old..
    Last edited by JPinAZ; 06-13-2012 at 02:37 PM.
    What chi sau is, or isn't, or is, or wait, what is it..: http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...2&postcount=90

[QUOTE=JPinAZ;1173539]Whatever - You're not interested in a conversation with me, yet you still feel the sad need to express your disinterest in my 'style' ---------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------No worries. I am not sad atleast.

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    that is only true if we have plenty of examples of the structure holding up in real situations, then if it fails on occasion it can it can be said to be down to the individual, if on the other hand we cant find many if any examples of the structure holding up under pressure and the few clips of said style under real pressure we can find people keep saing it looks nothing like the style should look then it could be the fault of the system and an inherent flaw in said structure
    This is the third time you have made the same simple error of logic. We aren't discussing whether it is easy or difficult to make wing chun structure work in a fight, merely what it looks like when it is used in a fight.

This is what what wing chun structure looks like when it is used in a fight.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------No worries. I am not sad atleast.
    no, but your attachment to 'my style' is
    What chi sau is, or isn't, or is, or wait, what is it..: http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...2&postcount=90

Quote Originally Posted by Ali. R View Post
    I’ve been in over 12 national chi sao events (don’t mean anything) many years ago and only lost one time (failing to make first place/disqualified/drew blood); so I can relate to meeting people and seeing skill levels at first hand.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Nothing wrong with that.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Nothing wrong with that.
    Have to argue that, sparring is the goal of chi-sao, chi-sao as a platform of championship duels is counterproductive....silly really.

Quote Originally Posted by k gledhill View Post
    Have to argue that, sparring is the goal of chi-sao, chi-sao as a platform of championship duels is counterproductive....silly really.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I was referring to his entering competitions- not the drawing of blood.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I was referring to his entering competitions- not the drawing of blood.
    I was referring to chi-sao competitions with or without blood.

Oxymoron = Chi-sao competition

Others:

Jumbo shrimp

Act Naturally

Military Intelligence

Rap Music

Passive Aggression

Same Difference

Business ethics

Microsoft Works

Living dead

Quote Originally Posted by k gledhill View Post
    I was referring to chi-sao competitions with or without blood.

Oxymoron = Chi-sao competition

Others:

Jumbo shrimp

Act Naturally

Military Intelligence

Rap Music

Passive Aggression

Same Difference

Business ethics

Microsoft Works

Living dead
    ----------------------------------------------------- Agree with you on the first-the rest I did not read.

Just Attacking

What I was taught, its three platforms that one could attack from dealing with the 360 degree cycle of chi sao: 360, 180 and 90 degrees, all based on the structures/shapes that one chooses to execute with…

Just find the right structures/shapes that would fit within the 360, 180 and 90 degrees; while executing your intention with a great deal of timing and positioning.

Nice WSL clip

Sifu Phillip Redmond
    Traditional Wing Chun Academy NYC/L.A.
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Redmond View Post
    Shirtless, jeans and cigarette.
    Love it !

Old school.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Love it !

Old school.
    Philipp was the camera man. ; ) I met and chisaoed with the guy on the right at the beginning of clip, Chu Hok Yin, strong technique, killer punching power.
    Last edited by k gledhill; 06-21-2012 at 07:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Love it !

Old school.
    --------------------------------------------------------
    ????cigarette,plus alcohol can lead to problems ahead

--------------------------------------------------------
    ????cigarette,plus alcohol can lead to problems ahead
    Of course, I just don't think that anyone cared that much about that stuff, if they even knew about the dangers.
    Of course TCMA are riddled with high level masters that had less than ideal habits and addictions.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !