Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Choy Lee Fut Sparring

Choy Lee Fut Sparring

A little punches-and-kicks exchange with a KF brother who's been practicing CLF for 9 months, with no previous MA experience (that was the 3rd of 4 rounds).
    Now we'll start working havier on his footwork. He's tall, he's strong, but he does not move lightly.
    Just in case, I'm the one in red.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvOx9JnM2W0
    Last edited by Marcelo-RJ; 05-17-2012 at 06:34 PM.

Nothing there.

Blog Entries
    i watched. its there.

Nice work Marcelo.....
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

How come? If you have an error message, please, try again. I have just checked it out.

Thank you Sifu Frank!
    As I once told you, I started training CLF because of yours, Master Wong Zen Yem's and the Lacey family videos. So I'm realy proud to receive a compliment from you.
    All the best!

Blog Entries
    Much appreciated brother. keep up the good work.

For some reason it wouldn't work on my wife's ipad but it worked fine on my computer in the office this morning.

Good job.

Where is the CLF?

No commitment upon entry, no CLF footwork, horrible techniques.

All I see is some low-level kickboxing by two guys "exchanging some punches and kicks for fun."

The General would not be pleased. ;-(

- jo

Thank you, CLFnole & Jo.
    Jo, sorry that you did not like it. I thought there were some gwa-cheurn-loi yarn choi combos, some been choy and other stuff. But you know, I've been into CLF since last July only, so I assume I might be making some mistakes.
    Would you please post a video of yours, so that I could watch and hopefully learn some more?
    Thanks in advance!

Blog Entries
    Eh, marcelo, i saw clf in what you guys were doing. Don't worry bout what jo is saying. I'm not too sure he knows too much about fighting. Theory maybe...keep up the good work. You don't need to look 100% classical to be clf bro...

I don't see how people think they can use their style when they put on gloves and jump around like boxers.

When you put on gloves and bounce around, you are doing boxing and kicking , not CLF.Its called kick-boxing, your not practicing your style, you are practicing how to run from other guy and what being hit with gloves feels like, and how to box and kick a moving target.

Cheers

Robinhood, I would love to see a sparring video of yours. Please, let me see how you put your style into practice. I'm sure that will be instructional for beginners like myself.

Sifu Frank, thanks again. I believe fighting these days is somewhat different from what we see in the Kung Fu movies of the 70s. But that's just me and my thoughts.

BTW, I have never practiced kickboxing, just Chinesa Martial Arts and Luta Livre (Brazilian No-Gi Grappling).
    Last edited by Marcelo-RJ; 05-18-2012 at 04:45 PM.

Blog Entries
    Robinhood....up to no good. LOL

Marcelo, no one ever fought like the movies. like yourself, i would love to see robindhood demonstrate exactly how CLF should be executed. do you think we'll be waiting long? I don't have that much time to waste.

Marcelo,
    Good work there. Especially since you have only been training since July. I could see some of the CLF in there. Good practice.

To those who only give negative feedback; As already requested, please post your own vids of how it should be done. Nobody starts out at the so-called 'idealized level' of CLF or any other art, for that matter. At least Marcelo is working on his art and trying things out. It's a learning process, and he will continue to progress.
    Last edited by Jimbo; 05-20-2012 at 01:15 PM.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    Eh, marcelo, i saw clf in what you guys were doing. Don't worry bout what jo is saying. I'm not too sure he knows too much about fighting. Theory maybe...
    (laughs quietly to himself..) heh heh heh...
    if you only knew....
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.