Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stop deleting threads

Stop deleting threads

... that don't go the way you hoped they would.

You are showing contempt for the time and thought that some people have afforded you. It is most discourteous and shows lack of respect for your fellow forum participants.

Why would anyone bother to offer any kind of susbtantive feedback - positive or otherwise?

I stand by what I write. I rarely edit because I usually think about what I want to say. If people tell me what I write is sh1te then I would let that stand and allow others judge for themselves.

CFT, its probably because i keep asking him for clips of his art in action, in order not to annoy other forum users ill bite my tongue and stop requesting them so he doesnt throw a hissy fit

Moderation is my choice, usually when a subject goes off topic it is closed, I choose on my own thread.
    If I make a thread about chi-sao for example and the only comment made by a guy is "he's not wearing a shirt..." Then random takes over.....

Troll comments are tedious and deleted straight away on other forums for their lack of respect to the poster, furthering more random comments that end up creating the following image

Frost
    Last edited by k gledhill; 02-11-2013 at 05:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by k gledhill View Post
    Moderation is my choice, usually when a subject goes off topic it is closed, I choose on my own thread.
    If I make a thread about chi-sao for example and the only comment made by a guy is "he's not wearing a shirt..." Then random takes over.....

Troll comments are tedious and deleted straight away on other forums for their lack of respect to the poster, furthering more random comments that end up creating the following image

Frost
    I think that you are being unreasonable Kevin.
    You may not like that people question your training methods but if that is the case, why on earth post them in a forum that discusses and debates about those very things ??
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

actually as well as the shirt comment, comments were made about poor structure, and lack of power by actual wing chun people gasp!

Comments were also made about the uselessness of a training method that made so little contact the guy didn’t need to take his glasses off, and about the fact for all your talk about fighting and sparring all you can ever post is compliant clips or clips with no contact (let alone actual sparring)

Just wanted to set the record straight

There was some decent, considered feedback in that thread. The t-shirt comments were in the minority and neither here nor there. The questions about glasses were quite reasonable.

You can call me a fcukwad here. I couldn't give a sh1t and I wouldn't delete this thread.

You know you won't be able to convince or satisfy 100% of the people here, but what difference would it make anyway? You obviously find value in the PBWSLVT training methods or you wouldn't keep practicising or posting the clips here.

Frost
    LOL

I must admit, I am disappointed when threads are deleted, as I always enjoy them. Yes, people can be very rude and judgemental reguarding clips offered but we are fighters, known to be rough around the edges (Ving Tsun people judgemental???Naaw!). How people comment tells me alot about who they really are. Valuable knowlege for a martial artist who is considering the wisdom of their words. I was going to say in the chi sau thread, those guys reminded me of Jiu Wan type chi sau abit as much as WSL ( I used to train with a couple of sifu Fred Kwoks desiples.)Oh well. I'm thinking of posting some clips myself soon, and as I've seen lately, I'd best prepare for some 'honest' feedback
    I noticed the players were at an interesting point in their development working on some favorites. As for structure, looks like still under construction.
    Last edited by Happy Tiger; 05-18-2012 at 09:04 AM.
    "Wing Chun is a bell that appears when rung.

Need to address this. You posted one clip with a one sentence intro. Wow. Tons of effort there bro. It actually turns into a reasonable discussion with some great practical points about training chi sau.

You? Got mad as points don't reflect great on your boys, hit delete.

What about this behavior exactly is it that is supposed to garner you a great deal of respect around here?

So tempted to delete this thread

At 54,142 threads and counting, we can afford to delete a few.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

I thought it was obvious the guy with glasses was the trainer, purposely presenting opportunities and testing lat sau jik chung, etc., and at that level of intensity in such a practice drill wearing glasses doesn't matter. It's not like he was making a statement, because they weren't competing with one another. I read useless and irrelevant comments mostly...

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    A Gene Ching sighting in the Wing Chun forum?

Wow, hell must be freezing over.

You're 100% Right

Quote Originally Posted by CFT View Post
    ... that don't go the way you hoped they would.

You are showing contempt for the time and thought that some people have afforded you. It is most discourteous and shows lack of respect for your fellow forum participants.

Why would anyone bother to offer any kind of susbtantive feedback - positive or otherwise?

I stand by what I write. I rarely edit because I usually think about what I want to say. If people tell me what I write is sh1te then I would let that stand and allow others judge for themselves.
    You’re right, because we all know how people are on this forum (very critical), and if you’re not tight (fully developed) before showing your goods and while being a critic to boot (putting the cart before the horse); you should get nailed to the wall for displaying a highly odious form of techniques. I think one needs a reality check dealing on structural awareness and integrity.

Man, I could go on and on about that CHI SAO clip, and it wasn’t just about the shirts being off, but I’ve read and seen many different things on that thread that was pen point accurate about what was going on with it. I think people were being honest about what they were seeing, just as the one who put the clip/thread up. By deleting that thread is like a football critic moving the goal post while behind on points.

Quote Originally Posted by LFJ View Post
    I thought it was obvious the guy with glasses was the trainer, purposely presenting opportunities and testing lat sau jik chung, etc., and at that level of intensity in such a practice drill wearing glasses doesn't matter. It's not like he was making a statement, because they weren't competing with one another. I read useless and irrelevant comments mostly...
    What I was pointing out about that was that the "opportunities" and "testing" did not provide an "alive" enough environment that he was in danger of getting hit. This is not realistic training.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imjmLWj5WCU

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    Where is the button? ; )