Thread: smile kung fu guy?

smile kung fu guy?

I'm trying to recall the name of an individual to refer to someone. I believe he was highlighted in kungfu taichi magazine at some point.

the only thing i have to go on is the intentional smiling he incorporates into his practice. perhaps it was qi gung or maybe a style of wushu, i cannot remember.

but the smiling was an important aspect in the training.

help a guy out!!!
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

'Fearless Hyena I." Jackie Chan. Glad I could help.

Mantak Chia teaches intentional smiling in his Daoist ("Daoist"?) meditational practices. Interesting fellow.

Some classmates said they got scared if I started smiling while I sparred them. They knew something bad was about to happen to them, haha.

this thread reminds me of one's signature

some leaves a ninja star

some leaves a flower

some leaves a note

--

what would you do or leave behind

what would you like to be called

the smiley xia or xiao xia

or the ka/ ke

certain wound/injury from your way of fighting punches and kicks

in short

your name, your face, your way of fighting

--

Quote Originally Posted by SaintSage View Post
    Mantak Chia teaches intentional smiling in his Daoist ("Daoist"?) meditational practices. Interesting fellow.
    i think its a different guy but similar concept, thanks! i have a friend that teaches 'laughter yoga' not sure exactly what it is other than it incorporates laughter and yoga...but when i was talking with her i was trying to remember this gongfu guy so she could check it out.

thanks again. and if anyone can remember specifically the gentleman that was highlighted in this magazine, i would love to get the name still. went through my mags but havnt found it yet...
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

You must be talking about 'Sifu Z'.
    Here is his website..http://web.me.com/zarcoff/The_Zarcof...e/Kung_Fu.html