Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Martial Arts Show 2012 - Wing Chun Demo

The Martial Arts Show 2012 - Wing Chun Demo

http://youtu.be/tx0ID9XEZ6E

This is an uncut clip of our final slot on the Lei Tai stage at The Martial Arts Show.

I would appreciate any feedback and am open to discussing what we are presenting here. It was our first public demo in over 10 years.
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

Quote Originally Posted by LoneTiger108 View Post

This is an uncut clip of our final slot on the Lei Tai stage at The Martial Arts Show.

I would appreciate any feedback and am open to discussing what we are presenting here. It was our first public demo in over 10 years.
    Good to see and acquired a better idea of how you guys use WC blade. Thanks for sharing.

Hungry!

--------------------------------------------------
    Thanks for sharing the clip. How many people were there in the audience?
    Is that (Martial Arts show)a regular (annual?) event?

joy chaudhuri

Midlands Wing Chun demo1
    Midlands Wing Chun demo2

Some clips of our saturday demos at the same show, the sunday demos are on youtube / facebook somewhere but I wasn't part of them as i was doing a charity walk so i'll have to fish them out. It was a good day on the saturday, had some great fun doing chi sao with my kung fu brothers and watching the other demos
    A clever man learns from his mistakes but a truly wise man learns from the mistakes of others.

Wing Chun kung fu in Redditch
    Worcestershire Wing Chun Kuen on facebook

Lotsa fun to watch!! Nice presentation. It's nice to see something different in VT demos. Cheers
    "Wing Chun is a bell that appears when rung.

Quote Originally Posted by wingchunIan View Post
    Midlands Wing Chun demo1
    Midlands Wing Chun demo2

Some clips of our saturday demos at the same show, the sunday demos are on youtube / facebook somewhere but I wasn't part of them as i was doing a charity walk so i'll have to fish them out. It was a good day on the saturday, had some great fun doing chi sao with my kung fu brothers and watching the other demos
    Nice comparative demo. Kinda speaks to some of the discussion. lately
    "Wing Chun is a bell that appears when rung.

Thanks for the nice comments guys (so far lol!) I'll give a little feedback...

Quote Originally Posted by free2flow View Post
    Good to see and acquired a better idea of how you guys use WC blade. Thanks for sharing.
    The knife n double stick set was about 2hrs rehearsal with our kung fu bro, which he mainly choreorgraphed so it's kinda how we use the blades in such hectic environments!

Quote Originally Posted by LFJ View Post
    Hungry!
    I thought it said Hung...

Quote Originally Posted by Vajramusti View Post
    How many people were there in the audience?
    Is that (Martial Arts show)a regular (annual?) event?
    We had 3 slots and this was one of the quieter ones. When we came on after the UK Shaolin Warriors it was rammed, but only about 100 strong. TMAS has now had about 4 years I think and it's getting more popular but we also have SENi in London now which has been going for about 15 years.

Quote Originally Posted by wingchunIan View Post
    It was a good day on the saturday, had some great fun doing chi sao with my kung fu brothers and watching the other demos
    It's always a good weekend away. It was you who I met briefly Ian?? Would have been great to have more time (if it was!)

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Tiger View Post
    It's nice to see something different in VT demos. Cheers
    As ever it's always good to promote what you do in this manner IMO. I don't normally like the stage but loved getting up there with the lads this time. We may even return next year with a bigger and better troupe, maybe...
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

in what way?
    A clever man learns from his mistakes but a truly wise man learns from the mistakes of others.

Wing Chun kung fu in Redditch
    Worcestershire Wing Chun Kuen on facebook

From my point of view, I think Sifu Shauns narration helps to relay the message of how he transfers the basic drills we all do in a class environment to actual reality based fighting using more aggressive counter attacks. Superbly done too by his team and a neat comparison to what we showed. It kept the audiences interest.

We tend to like putting things to music and creating a different buzz in the air only because this is how we used to do things with our own Sifu back in the day. Sifu Julian Dale, who managed the schedules, even asked if we could explain more while we were on stage because that tends to be what the audience wants, but we had no spare man lol!

Besides, we also knew that Shaun and a few other Wing Chun Sifus would be taking the stage at different times and we are quite familiar with eachothers ways I suppose, so it all worked out good for everyone involved

I only wish there were more people, but in time the TMAS audience will grow...
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

Great Demo !
    Very Chinese traditional taste.

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    Great Demo !
    Very Chinese traditional taste.
    Thanks Hendrik. It would be interesting for me to hear what you think it is we were doing? And of course if you do anything similar yourself?

We have always been traditional in our approach to training the basics and this year was a chance for us to introduce the core troupe before our 10th anniversary in 2013 All good fun
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

Rehearsals

Your thoughts or questions are welcome...

http://youtu.be/20EsWpmpVIM
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

For John (imperialtaichi)

You see... I do put up stuff online for people to question me about and say what they think but guess what?? Not much response but many many views
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

You see... I do put up stuff online for people to question me about and say what they think but guess what?? Not much response but many many views
    Your thoughts or questions are welcome...

http://youtu.be/20EsWpmpVIM

It's an rehearsal after all ...what would be the feedback which you're looking for?