Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How Do You Train For A Street Fight

How Do You Train For A Street Fight

How do you train for a street fight?
    Regardless of style, mindset and physical ability,
    HOW DO YOU TRAIN FOR IT

By getting into street fights.
    Check out my wooden dummy website: http://www.woodendummyco.com/

by picking fights or by paying someone with fight experience.

How do you train for a street fight?
    How do you train to avoid a car crash?You can't.But you can be trained in First Aid,You make sure everything is in working order and your wearing your seatbelt.
    I say this when we practice our techniques usually after I been punched sometimes bleeding"Martial art techniques are not 100% sometimes you get hit
    sometimes maybe cut the goal is to make it home safe"Expect to be hit

You train in street fighter
    "Don't Focus on the Fingers or You will miss all the Heavenly Glory!"

Morbicid-"Maybe some moves are made just so that, if u somehow manage to pull them off in a fight, u get some serious bragging rights.

Many famous fighters have done this (roy jones jr, chuck norris, Morbicid, etc)"

walk around in a white robe, with a white hood covering your head. Unless you live in a place with all caucasins you will most likely get some training.

trian your strengths , improve your weaknesses, and definately don't think you can expect anything, street fights have no rules, it can be 8 people beating you up or when your fighting one person a metal pipe may crack the back of your head open, all of the training in the world can't garuntee success on the street, however it can help in some circumstance.
    Bless you

My answer is awareness of surroundings.

For instance, my walk to and from the parking garage at work is where alot of bums and hoodrats hang out. As I am walking I take notice of anyone who could be a potential attacker (my basis is anyone who is in close enough in proximity, not by the way they look). I take into account the spacing around me, natural resources that can be used as a weapon, number of people together, how long it takes me to pull out my blade and flip the lever (it's an "assisted" opener knife) to see if it's an option. I also look at how a person is walking towards me and the look in their eyes. I then start looking at size, build, and what the best first target/strike I would use if necessary. It's similair to how a quarterback (American Football) makes his reads as he drops back to pass. I also look around for the transit and other police as well, if I have the option to run, which is preferable.

Most martial artists train to fight. But as for actually training for a street fight, I don't know that there is really a physical way to do so. Sure you can mess around with training knives and plastic bottles, but mental training in possible real situations is very beneficial to keep from getting ambushed by surprise.
    Your intelligence is surpassed only by your ignorance.

You are more likely to fall down the stairs and break your neck if you live in a house with stairs. You are more likely to be in a car accident if you drive to work. You are more likely to be kicked in the nuts or punched in the nose if you practicing the martial arts. - Judge Pen

Practice how you would truely fight, and fight how you have practiced.

Practice sprinting and running through obstacle courses in plain clothes, you can't get jacked up if you can't get caught.

The only way you can really prepare yourself for a street fight is to resign yourself to the fact that you might die. Once you don't give a shiyt anymore, it will certainly improve the outcome.

Oh and what to train? Balls and eyes, my friend... balls and eyes.
    "If you and I agree all the time, then one of us is unnecessary."

It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
    - William G. McAdoo

Against stupidity, even the Gods contend in vain...

You know, I thought about it... Screw martial arts in street fights. Just carry some mace or pepper spray. Some nice chemical warfare can beat chi anyday.
    "If you and I agree all the time, then one of us is unnecessary."

It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
    - William G. McAdoo

Against stupidity, even the Gods contend in vain...

Quote Originally Posted by Losttrak
    You know, I thought about it... Screw martial arts in street fights. Just carry some mace or pepper spray. Some nice chemical warfare can beat chi anyday.
    A dynamite vest would work against multiple attackers. Unfortunately you would be toast as well.

On a side note, mace and/or pepper spray aren't always that effective. I got sprayed (unintentionally) and it did burn my eyes but really just pissed me off. Just like any weapon on you, you may not even have time to pull it out when attacked.

If you really want to go chemical, some bleach or sulphuric acid in a squirt-gun would suffice. But the SA would definitely limit the shelf-life of the squirt gun.
    Your intelligence is surpassed only by your ignorance.

You are more likely to fall down the stairs and break your neck if you live in a house with stairs. You are more likely to be in a car accident if you drive to work. You are more likely to be kicked in the nuts or punched in the nose if you practicing the martial arts. - Judge Pen

I pepper sprayed my self - how cool is that? FWIW, I had the same experience ewallace did - it burned, but that's about it.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Quote Originally Posted by Losttrak
    The only way you can really prepare yourself for a street fight is to resign yourself to the fact that you might die. Once you don't give a shiyt anymore, it will certainly improve the outcome.

Oh and what to train? Balls and eyes, my friend... balls and eyes.

been kicked in the balls in a fight before - I didn't feel it until the fight was done. I know a few others who have had the same experience. For that reason, I don't stress striking there as part of a self defense program.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter