Thread: Lee Ying Arng

Lee Ying Arng

Hello,
    I would appreciate any background information on kung fu teacher/author Lee Ying Arng as far as what styles he learned and who taught him. For being such a early author of Chinese and English kung fu books, I'm surprised there isn't more information out there about him!

Thanks!

Hello,

As far as I know he trained Tai Chi Chuan and Iron Palm with Ku yu cheung and Tai chi with Tung Yin Chieh. Also i read that he trained under Yang Cheng Fu too. Then he mixed the styles and made his own version. Here is a link with his tai chi and iron palm video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPkGWNOlNA4

North Shaolin
    Yang Style and Sun Style Tai Chi Chuan
    Iron palm and Iron Body

He was one of the very first Asians to freely show and teach traditional Chinese martial arts openly and even in film format. Old 16mm and 8mm films floating around from teh late 50's and early 60's for this teacher.

cool guy in my opinion. just sayin....
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Thanks for the info!
    I see he wrote a book on Chin Na......any idea who his instructor was, or was it from his Northern Shaolin teacher?
    And I guess that means his "24 foot attacks" book and "Chinese Leg Manoeuvres" book are also of the Shaolin flavor.

I tried looking for a biography of him but found nothing, such as when/where he was born, etc. Anybody on this forum from his lineage?