Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kung Fu Superstar

Kung Fu Superstar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neijHKudUKg

What happens when Wing Chun is found to be useless in a Wing Chun fighting game?

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neijHKudUKg

What happens when Wing Chun is found to be useless in a Wing Chun fighting game?
    In all honesty I have played a few of these kinetic games and that don't read **** all what you do !!
    You have to move so slow and wide that it's just freaking silly.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    In all honesty I have played a few of these kinetic games and that don't read **** all what you do !!
    You have to move so slow and wide that it's just freaking silly.
    You mean like as in Chinese martial arts forms?
    "if its ok for shaolin wuseng to break his vow then its ok for me to sneak behind your house at 3 in the morning and bang your dog if buddha is in your heart then its ok"-Bawang

"I get what you have said in the past, but we are not intuitive fighters. As instinctive fighters, we can chuck spears and claw and bite. We are not instinctively god at punching or kicking."-Drake

"Princess? LMAO hammer you are such a pr^t"-Frost

Quote Originally Posted by Hebrew Hammer View Post
    You mean like as in Chinese martial arts forms?

i played the street fighting game on kinect. in that game i really realized that you have to work in the framwork of what the game wants you to do as being the controller.

in that one you can punch and kick as fast as you want in solo techniques. so for a 3 punch combination, you can throw the first punch as fast as you want, but the second and third must be thrown at the right timing, but still as fast as you want hte punch to be.

same with any combinations in that game.

personally ive noticed a vast degree if variance between games. So i think the sensor is limited by the game programming in many cases. if you try out the actual fitness programs they are MUCH more sensitive to movement than many of the games.

for instance in the racket ball style game, i'll do kungfu forms while im waiting for the other player, in a linear side fashion, and the game keeps up with fast movements.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

for instance in the racket ball style game, i'll do kungfu forms while im waiting for the other player, in a linear side fashion, and the game keeps up with fast movements.
    Yeah, WTF is up with that ??

you mean it being fast with the censor or me doing kungfu at the other player?
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    you mean it being fast with the censor or me doing kungfu at the other player?
    How the sensor picks up what we do at that time but doesn't translate the moves when it comes to the game.
    Weird and I noticed that before.
    Its the software "translation" language I assume.

Kung Fu Superstar - First video game that teaches players real kung fu

Hey all,

I am one of the lead developers over at Kinesthetic Games and I am happy to just have joined this great forum.

Our studio recently announced our upcoming game, which I thought members of this forum will find very interesting.

The game is called Kung Fu Superstar and it's about a young aspiring martial artist who sets off on a journey to become Hollywood and Hong Kong's most loved and respected action hero. He does this by training in martial arts an endeavor that players themselves will experience through the course of the game. As this game has a motion control element however (Kinect, Move etc) the players themselves actually learn real martial arts through playing this game.

Check out the launch trailer at:

www.kungfusuperstar.com

We think it's a very innovative and cool concept and we're very excited to finally be able to share our hard work with the world.

The support of the martial arts community is obviously of paramount importance to us as we really want to authentically capture the spirit and culture of Kung Fu and other martial arts and promote it to a wide audience through the fun and family friendly context of our game. This is why we're here promoting the project as we'd love to hear from you and hear what you think about the game. If you want to connect with us join us on facebook at www.facebook.com/kungfusuperstar or reply to this thread with your comments and feedback.

Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy our announcement trailer!

Quote Originally Posted by DannyCheng View Post
    Hey all,

I am one of the lead developers over at Kinesthetic Games and I am happy to just have joined this great forum.

Our studio recently announced our upcoming game, which I thought members of this forum will find very interesting.

The game is called Kung Fu Superstar and it's about a young aspiring martial artist who sets off on a journey to become Hollywood and Hong Kong's most loved and respected action hero. He does this by training in martial arts an endeavor that players themselves will experience through the course of the game. As this game has a motion control element however (Kinect, Move etc) the players themselves actually learn real martial arts through playing this game.

Check out the launch trailer at:

www.kungfusuperstar.com

We think it's a very innovative and cool concept and we're very excited to finally be able to share our hard work with the world.

The support of the martial arts community is obviously of paramount importance to us as we really want to authentically capture the spirit and culture of Kung Fu and other martial arts and promote it to a wide audience through the fun and family friendly context of our game. This is why we're here promoting the project as we'd love to hear from you and hear what you think about the game. If you want to connect with us join us on facebook at www.facebook.com/kungfusuperstar or reply to this thread with your comments and feedback.

Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy our announcement trailer!
    someone actually posted about this already.

Looks pretty cool. Nice trailer, too!
    Tom
    Integrated Kung Fu Academy
    Kung Fu - Kickboxing - MMA -Self Defense
    Media, PA -Delaware County

Thanks Tom! And thanks for the twitter follow too

If anyone else wants to follow we're tweeting from @KungFuSuperstar

Ah, apologies doug_maverick. Scrolling through the main forum page now I did spot the post you were referring to.

Well... I guess it'll be good to have this thread too in case people want to direct their discussions/questions directly at the people behind this project

cool!! a friend of mine wanted to know...what king of kung fu styles would be shown/taught?

Hey doug_maverick,

Apologies for the delay in getting back, having been E3 week it's been pretty frantic for us.

To answer your question:

Q: "What styles of Kung Fu will be taught through the game?"
    A: There will be various multiple styles of Kung Fu taught in Kung Fu Superstar and used to play the game. We will be announcing more on this in the coming months. Right now we don't want to spoil the surprise so we're pretty much sticking to whatever information we've unveiled through the trailer (so through that you can see that Wing Chun will definitely be one of the Kung Fu styles taught through the game).

However the game, despite the title, will not be teaching/be played using just Kung Fu but also other, non-Chinese martial arts. Much like an RPG it will be down to the player to choose which "skill tree" of martial arts they will want to go down through and unlock as they develop their in game hero (as well as themselves!).

Hope this answers your question!

Please direct your friend to www.facebook.com/kungfusuperstar which is where we will periodically be announcing more information on this as well as many other things that have to do with the game.