Thread: Wolfram Alpha

Wolfram Alpha

WolframAlpha

This is new to me. surely not to everyone. but i wanted to share this amazing computational engine for anyone who may not have as of yet.

ever wanted to divide Confucious / Jesus

wolfram alpha can show you that equation. not to mention all top end computations and mathimatical equations you may want to work with.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

It's ok - but I found it difficult to use with real world problems. I was trying to use it to find the correct answers for my kid's homework. It's been at least 25 years since I had to do anything with functions and it's not like you have to be a math genius to work in television.

its definately lacking for things like much of pop culture, and i think a lof of the 'translation' from layman's terms or what not still need work. but in terms of a lot of scientific data, and mathamatics, its pretty darn powerful. i was sad to see that it doesnt know the term kung fu beyond the tv show, and has no input for wushu.

BUT i can do things like equate the light years to saturn divided by the average price of gas....

3.95×10^-5 ly gal/$

1.415×10^9 m^4/$

how is that not real world application?????
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    its definately lacking for things like much of pop culture, and i think a lof of the 'translation' from layman's terms or what not still need work. but in terms of a lot of scientific data, and mathamatics, its pretty darn powerful. i was sad to see that it doesnt know the term kung fu beyond the tv show, and has no input for wushu.

BUT i can do things like equate the light years to saturn divided by the average price of gas....

3.95×10^-5 ly gal/$

1.415×10^9 m^4/$

how is that not real world application?????
    It's not dumb enough for a person like me. What are these numbers (3.95×10^-5 ly gal/$ 1.415×10^9 m^4/$) you speak of? This science stuff - it's all tom foolery and shenanigans!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MightyB View Post
    It's not dumb enough for a person like me. What are these numbers (3.95×10^-5 ly gal/$ 1.415×10^9 m^4/$) you speak of? This science stuff - it's all tom foolery and shenanigans!!!
    I tell the townsfolk that its pagan black magic. They believe me, so let me do what I want in the taverns at night, and no one challenges me.