Thread: Assassin & Son : Path of Vengance

Assassin & Son : Path of Vengance

Hey all. I'm a long time lurker and reader here on the boards. I just wanted to tell you all about a pretty cool graphic novel coming out called Assassin & Son : Path of Vengance. Here's a nice little synopsis about it:

Former WWE pro wrestlers, Marc Copani (Muhammad Hassan) & Shad Gaspard (Cryme Tyme) have completed their 255 page graphic novel "Assassin and Son Vol. 1: Path of Vengeance". A gritty urban-western set in present day New York following Donovan Braddock; a one-man killing unit who works with a team of assassins known as "The Horsemen." When Braddock tries to leave his old life behind, his wife is murdered in front of him and his young son, sending them both on an epic journey of revenge and consequence that becomes their "Path of Vengeance." Trailer: https://vimeo.com/39903235

Already the book has been receiving interest from several major publishers. Copani & Gaspard have decided to let fans read a sample of the 255 page series f[/code][/code]or FREE on YouTube (find that HERE) from now until June 1st.

The book includes action and drama set to an undertone of eastern & western philosophies. The characters in the book range in multiple cultural backgrounds, including Asian, African American, European, Latino, and more. With art by Rascunho Studios Eder Messias, coloring by Joaquin Pereyra, and lettering by E.T "Marco" Dollman.

For more information on Assassin and Son, go to AssassinAndSon.com and check out the trailer below. You can find Shad on Twitter at @Shadbeast and Mark at @MarkCopani. There has also been talk of a big screen adaptation, so stay tuned to CBM for any further updates.

READ THE BOOK ON LINE AND TELL ME I'M WRONG
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taCSkcpONjU
    Ok, yeah, a bunch of former WWE wrestlers made this. And yes, this seems like equal parts "Lone Wolf & Cub" and "Ghost Dog: Way of the Samurai." Still, I can't tell you how happy I am to see a book like this is being produced. It has all kick ass violence, but at the same time it highlights the multiethnic flavor of NYC, which isn't highlighted in many forms of media. I'm glad that Chinese characters are being shown as cool, tough-as-nails crime enforcers. I'm pumped that there's a huge black guy holding a samurai sword and shooting people up. I'm stoked that martial arts like Wushu, Capoeira, and MMA are getting a mention.

Really hope this book does well.
    "Watch the skies, the DRAGON flies!"

"On life's journey faith is nourishment, virtuous deeds are a shelter, wisdom is the light by day and right mindfulness is the protection by night. If a man lives a pure life, nothing can destroy him."- Buddha

Greetings and Welcome to the Forum,

As far as the artwork is concerned: Wow, Wild, Wicked, and Excellent!!
    The artist does not have stye, he has STYLES. Multitudes of them. I saw too many influences congealed into an unmitigated and powerful expression. If there will be any drawback to the graphic novel it is that there is no music with every turn of the page. With just the artwork alone, this graphic novel will be major.

mickey