Thread: DC the future of the heavyweight division?

DC the future of the heavyweight division?

Watched Daniel Cormier dismantle barnett in his last fight, his boxing is looking very sharp, lovely angles and when you think he only took up striking in the last couple of years its scary, could give Junior some trouble and cain fits i think if he comes across to the UFC...and then add in he fact hes a two time Olympian in wrestling and it get intersitng

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7N3hHpZioO4&feature=fvst

hes a beast. and he throws combos like rain. plus its going to be very hard for many people to outwrestle him, let alone hold their own.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    hes a beast. and he throws combos like rain. plus its going to be very hard for many people to outwrestle him, let alone hold their own.
    he throw barnett around like a rag doll, but its his striking that got me, looked so good for someone only just taking the arts up

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    Watched Daniel Cormier dismantle barnett in his last fight, his boxing is looking very sharp, lovely angles and when you think he only took up striking in the last couple of years its scary, could give Junior some trouble and cain fits i think if he comes across to the UFC...and then add in he fact hes a two time Olympian in wrestling and it get intersitng

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7N3hHpZioO4&feature=fvst
    He looks like he has naturally "heavy hands".
    Boxing is a great choice for him, a big strong wrestler.
    Keeps his feet down and his hands will keep people honest.
    To say the least.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

I think Cain vs. Cormier would be awesome. Too bad they both train at AKA. Personally I'd like to see Cormier's first UFC fight against Mir.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin View Post
    I think Cain vs. Cormier would be awesome. Too bad they both train at AKA. Personally I'd like to see Cormier's first UFC fight against Mir.
    i know its MMA and anything can happen, but i think he would give Cain fits, his wrestling seems to be on another plane, and his striking is looking good

V Mir, i think it ill look like a copy of the Barnett fight, it wont go to the ground unless DC wants it to