Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How to recognize GOOD Wing Chun?

How to recognize GOOD Wing Chun?

How do you know if some one has good Wing Chun?

What should they possess for it to be good WC?

is it forms, Chi Sau, the three terrors of WC; Fok, Tan and Bong?

PLEASE SHARE IN YOUR OPINION HOW TO TELL IF SOMEONE HAS GOOD WING CHUN?
    The Flow is relentless like a raging ocean with crashing waves devasting anything in its path.

"Kick Like Thunder, Strike Like Lighting, Fist Hard as Stones."

"Wing Chun flows around overwhelming force and finds openings with its constant flow of forward energy."

"Always Attack, Be Aggressive always Attack first, Be Relentless. Continue with out ceasing. Flow Like Water, Move like the wind, Attack Like Fire. Consume and overwhelm your Adversary until he is No More"

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshiyahu View Post
    How do you know if some one has good Wing Chun?

What should they possess for it to be good WC?

is it forms, Chi Sau, the three terrors of WC; Fok, Tan and Bong?

PLEASE SHARE IN YOUR OPINION HOW TO TELL IF SOMEONE HAS GOOD WING CHUN?
    When they fight, they win AND it looks like the Wing Chun THEY do in training.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    When they fight, they win AND it looks like the Wing Chun THEY do in training.
    Very good Sanjuro_ronin question though does all training look the same in actual fighting...

does a boxer look the same sparring as he does when he shadow box?

Does a Karate guy look the same when he free spars oppose to drills,katas and point sparring?

Just asking a question that is all...
    The Flow is relentless like a raging ocean with crashing waves devasting anything in its path.

"Kick Like Thunder, Strike Like Lighting, Fist Hard as Stones."

"Wing Chun flows around overwhelming force and finds openings with its constant flow of forward energy."

"Always Attack, Be Aggressive always Attack first, Be Relentless. Continue with out ceasing. Flow Like Water, Move like the wind, Attack Like Fire. Consume and overwhelm your Adversary until he is No More"

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshiyahu View Post
    Very good Sanjuro_ronin question though does all training look the same in actual fighting...

does a boxer look the same sparring as he does when he shadow box?

Does a Karate guy look the same when he free spars oppose to drills,katas and point sparring?

Just asking a question that is all...
    Do boxers look the same when they fight and train? pretty much yep.

I’m sorry, but that’s simply not true on both counts.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali. R View Post
    I’m sorry, but that’s simply not true on both counts.
    Sparring doesn't look like fighting?
    “An ounce of action is worth a ton of theory.” – Friedrich Engels

When I see my si-jeh Carol doing chi sau with a guy over 100 lbs. heavier and totally controling him, I'm in awe. She can get men right up on their toes without getting tagged.
    I really know I'm seeing somthing special when one doesn't seem to use any strength or or show exessive speed to get the score. Sweet. Players who are really good don't seem to use many 'techniques' which is a brain twister when you realise half of what your doing in the first 3 to 5 years you'll likely abandon.
    Last edited by Happy Tiger; 05-29-2012 at 04:02 PM.
    "Wing Chun is a bell that appears when rung.

That would be the look of the art of fighting without fighting, then you are doing the art right.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by couch View Post
    sparring doesn't look like fighting?
    ???

?????????
    Hand Crafted Wooden Dummies at Affordable Prices!

Shaolinhouse.com

I don't think there would be any difficulty at all in being able to recognize wing chun being used in any event. One thing I have noticed in video's is that most chunners like to play chi sao. It is a myth that you do not use force. A pak, a tan, a fook, should all be done like you mean it. I will hurt one's arms using these, and have caused fractures to opponents arm bones. If you can apply a technique perfectly it should give you some advantage against a stronger opponent, but if you are also strong and apply great force, then your technique is all the more powerful.
    Jackie Lee

I don't think there would be any difficulty at all in being able to recognize wing chun being used in any event. One thing I have noticed in video's is that most chunners like to play chi sao. It is a myth that you do not use force. A pak, a tan, a fook, should all be done like you mean it. I will hurt one's arms using these, and have caused fractures to opponents arm bones. If you can apply a technique perfectly it should give you some advantage against a stronger opponent, but if you are also strong and apply great force, then your technique is all the more powerful.
    Jackie Lee

Well, there are a lot of boxing exercises designed to develop attributes for fighting. These exercises are quite different than fighting.

Jump Rope
    Speed Bag - 3 kinds
    Heavy Bag
    Ropes - duck under

What does look the same as fighting?

Good Pad Work
    Shadow Boxing
    Sparring

Good Wing Chun slaps you right in the face LOL

Good Hong Kong/Ip Man wing chun is simple direct and efficient. It must be completely logical and everything is there for a reason. Either fighting technique, training method or body conditioning drill.

Experienced teachers will put their layer ontop. This is very important as nobody knows everything and the older you get the wiser you should be.

Paul
    www.moifa.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Wayfaring View Post
    Well, there are a lot of boxing exercises designed to develop attributes for fighting. These exercises are quite different than fighting.

Jump Rope
    Speed Bag - 3 kinds
    Heavy Bag
    Ropes - duck under

What does look the same as fighting?

Good Pad Work
    Shadow Boxing
    Sparring
    Well, obviously rope skipping and speed bag work will NOT look like fighting, though the HB work SHOULD.
    When a boxer spars and even shadow box you will see him move and hit just like he does in a real fight.
    Certainly a real fight will not be so "fluid and smooth" because they other guy is hitting back, but everything that is done in sparring and shadow boxing will come out in a fight ( ring or outside).
    A trained boxer caught in video fighting someone will make you say: That guy is a boxer.

One experience I had, I thought looked nothing like WC. When my buddies came over they were all laughing and saying "Dave fully Wing Chuned him!!!" So to me it looked nothing like WC but to my buddies it sure did.

Not sure what it looked like to the guy that I "Wing Chuned" but who cares. He actually got what he asked for.

-DavidE
    "The ultimate nature of survival is maintaining your balance"